Red

What is Love? (사랑은 무엇인가?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong In can’t hide his smile while looking at the ring that they bought. “Did you eat something weird today? You look like Joker smiling like that…” Sehun stared at him. “Don’t mind me…Just mind your girlfriend…” Jong In’s smile faded.

“We’re in good terms so there’s no need to worry. You need to worry about yourself… She might get ‘snatched’ by other guys out there…” Sehun patted his friend’s shoulder. He thought of Chanyeol.

“But…what’s that ring? You’ve been looking at it a crazy…like Gollum… ‘my precious’” Sehun asked. “It’s just a simple ring…” he shook his head.

“Ah! Do you want to come with us? We’re going to the ocean park …” Jong In changed the topic. “Not today…my brother’s coming home…” Sehun smiled.

“Really? Wah~ It has been a long time since he came back to Seoul…He must be very busy with his work…” Jong In said in amazement. “It has been 2 years…Being in the navy is very hard…I can’t even remember his face…” Sehun looked outside.

“I should be going now…just ask her out or else you’ll regret it…” Sehun gathered his notes then packed his bag.

“Take care! Say my greetings to your brother!” Jong In waved him goodbye.

 

“Are you a turtle or what?” Kyungsoo looked at Rina who was in the middle of slicing onions. “I’m sorry I’m not as gifted as you…” Rina answered in a sarcastic tone. “It’s nice that you know the facts…” he mumbled then continued cooking.

They were in the midst of preparing a dish for their evaluation. Kyungsoo is leading the group while Rina is unwillingly following his instructions.

“Seriously, do you even know how to cook? Why did you take this course?” Kyungsoo asked her while flipping the diced garlic in the pan. “Of course I know how to cook… Am I crazy to just take this course? Are you looking down on me?”

“Do I look like I’m looking down on you?” he looked at her with his poker face. *This owl!* she cursed. She started shopping the onions faster…and faster…and faster.

“Ah!” she screamed then let go of the knife. “Are you okay?” Kyungsoo immediately turned off the stove and took her hand. Her thumb was bleeding. “Are you crazy or something?!” he yelled at her.

She was teary eyed. She was in pain and now he’s yelling at her. “Do you really need to yell at me?! I’m sorry that I’m not as good as you! I’m sorry that I might be dragging you down!” she also yelled at him. She held her tears back but they still fell. She pulled her hand then went to the sink. She let the water wash the blood away.

Kyungsoo followed her. He took her hand. “You don’t need to---” she tried to pull her hand again but Kyungsoo did not let go. He took out his handkerchief and covered her thumb with it. She looked at him. He looked worried and sorry.

“You’re really clumsy…I’m sorry for yelling…It could’ve been more serious” he said then looked at her. “I said I’m sorry…why are you crying? Yah…”

“I hate you…” she mumbled while wiping her tears. “I know…I’m sorry…Just…sit there and I’ll do the cooking alone…” he said awkwardly.

He continued what he was doing a while ago. She just sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter