Little Steps

What is Love? (사랑은 무엇인가?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Noona…can you help me with this?” a young boy ran to her while holding his toy car. She helped him fix it. “Thank you” he bowed then ran to his playmates. She looked at the kids who were happily playing.

“Thank you for visiting…the kids were very happy with the toys that you gave” a woman sat beside her. “That’s the least that I can do for them” she said with her gaze still fixed on the children.

She was visiting the orphanage that their family was sponsoring. Her mother was very active in charity works and her father was supportive of it. She was always told that she must give because she has something to give. Her grandfather built their business- Royal Group from scratch. He was a scholar when he was a student and started from a small business in his hometown, Busan. With hard work and help from others, he was able to establish one of the leading and competitive hotel and resort business in Asia and in the whole world. With such wealth, he raised his children with the ideology of not forgetting where they came from.

“Unnie” someone tugged her shirt. “Why?” she bent to level herself with the little girl. “Can you help me? My ball…” she pointed at the ball which was outside the fence. “Wait…” she smiled at her then she walked towards the fence. 

She got the ball and handed it to her. “Thank you” she kissed her cheeks then ran with the ball on her hands.

She was walking towards the building located at the back when something caught her attention. She ran. “Kid…Are you okay?” she held the boy on her arms. He was so pale. She carried him towards the orphanage.

 

“Do Re MiFa So La Ti Do” Baekhyun vocalized. “Higher” Jongdae pressed a higher key on the piano. “Do Re MiFa So La Ti Do” he repeated.

They took turns on vocalizing. They decided to enter an audition for a known company. They were taking Music in the University and had the dream of standing on stage- singing to their hearts’ contentment. They also dreamt of building their own music school when the time comes.

“Are you going to stay here until afternoon?” Chanyeol asked them. He was sitting near the window the whole time. “Why?” Baekhyun asked.

“Nothing…I’m just thinking of watching Luhan and Minseok hyung’s game” he stood. “Is it today?” Jongdae pressed the keyboard. Chanyeol nodded. “Let’s go…They can use some cheerleaders” Baekhyun jumped off from the table.

“You came?” Junmyeon greeted them. He was sitting at one of the benches waiting for the game to start. “Where’s Kyungsoo?” Jongdae asked him.

“He said he has class” he answered. The game was about to begin. The girls who were sitting one bench away from them started screaming. Baekhyun covered his ears. “I think I’ll be deaf after this” he said.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter