Why?

What is Love? (사랑은 무엇인가?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sun Ji stood still. She was surprised by how Seyeon was reacting. She thought about anything that she did wrong for her friend to act like that. She can’t think of any instances that she said something wrong to her.

“Seyeon-ah” Sun Ji mumbled in confusion.

 Seyeon clenched her fist. “I feel bad using you. I think I can sink this much lower. So… I’m going to stop right here. Thanks to your money and your cousin, I was able to save money for me and my brother. I told you before right? I told you that you should not be too good to me because I may use you. You did not listen. I never considered you as a friend at all. You’re just a person who I can get money from. If you understand, for your own sake, don’t come near me again” Seyeon said with her bratty tone while staring straight at Sun Ji who was nailed to where she was standing.

Sun Ji shook her head. “Lies. You’re lying. What’s wrong with you? Seyeon-ah…” Sun Ji tried to hold Seyeon’s hand once again but she pushed her away.

“Don’t come near me” Seyeon hissed.

Sun Ji cannot be stopped by that at all. She took a step forward to hold her hand. Seyeon slapped her right cheek. Sun Ji was taken aback by what Seyeon did to her. Tears were forming at the edge of Sun Ji’s eyes. Her cheek turned bright red. She touched it while looking at Seyeon with a surprised look on her face.

Seyeon’s hand was shaking. She was also taken aback by what she just did.

“I told you… don’t come near me. I’m tired of seeing you. I’m tired of you clinging on me. I’m not your mom or whatever. I’m tired of comforting you. I’m tired of putting up a show just to mooch money from you. You’re tiring” Seyeon spat those words like she was cursing.

Sun Ji’s tears came falling. The friend that she valued just broke her heart into pieces.

Seyeon left without looking back.

Sun Ji felt her knees wobble. She wiped her tears away and tried to control her emotions.

“Sun-ah!” Jong In came running towards her. He stopped when he saw her teary eyes. They were red. “Why are you crying?” he lifted Sun Ji’s face to have a good look at her. She tried to look away.

“What happened?” he asked again. He was totally worried about her. “Nothing. I- I just stumbled over something” she lied. And it was an epic fail lie. Jong In helped her calm down. He did not buy what she just said. He knew there must be a bigger reason for her to cry like that.

 

Seyeon calmed herself by splashing water on her face. She looked at the mirror and saw a very scared and guilty ‘her’.

“I’m sorry…” she lowered her head and tears fell from her eyes. She calmed herself and fixed her hair before going out.

After class, she immediately went to the restaurant where she was working. She did not even dare to look at Sun Ji or her friends.

“Seyeon-ah” the owner of the restaurant called her name. She looked at her and put down the ladle which she was using to steer the stew that she was making. “Yes?” she replied.

“Someone’s waiting for you at one of the tables. He’s not telling me his order and he insisted on talking with you. How can a good looking fellow like him be so cold like that? Is he your boyfriend?” the middle aged woman told her.

Seyeon knew who that was. “I’ll take care of that” she removed her apron and came out from the kitchen. She took a deep breath before walking towards Kris who was sitting like a boss while waiting for her.

“I’m going to make this clear. I’m done playing with you and I’ve saved enough money thanks to you… so… I don’t need you anymore…”

Kris just looked at her with his poker face. He stood – towering Seyeon. He grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the restaurant. Seyeon struggled to free herself from his grasp but his clasp was like hollow steel.

He let her hand free. “Now… tell me the truth” he looked at her.

“I just told you”

“You’re lying. You’re not that kind of person. Stop lying to me”

“Tsch… are you really that dumb? I told you I’m done playing with you. I just used you”

“What game were you playing? Were you just acting so that you can get money from me?”

“Yes. I acted like that because I wanted to get money from you. So if you’re smart enough, don’t come near me again”

“I see. You were just acting? Coz I’m not” Kris’s voice dropped several octaves then he stepped forward t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter