Pain

What is Love? (사랑은 무엇인가?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where are you going?” Jong In asked Sehun who was packing his bag. “Jae Young’s house… we’ll be having lunch there…” Sehun answered with a bright smile.

“Is she going to introduce you to her parents?”

“I don’t know…maybe? Her parents invited me… it won’t hurt if I go there right?”

Jong In smiled. “If ‘meeting the parents’ turn out well, I’m the best man on your wedding… okay?” he patted Sehun’s back with a wide grin on his face.

“Wish me luck buddy. But marriage is a very long way to go…” Sehun nodded. He got his bag then rushed out of their practice room. Jong In continued practicing alone.

Sehun was nervous as hell but he managed not do or say anything wrong in front of Jae Young’s parents. Her father talked with him about his parents and about school stuff. Sehun felt comfortable with them.

“Let’s eat” Jae Young’s mother told the two of them. Jae Young was helping her mother set the table. Sehun sat beside Jae Young’s mother.

“Here. Try this” the middle aged woman placed a piece of meat on his bowl of rice. She also placed a plate of fish in front of him. “Thank you” he smiled.

They ate and talked with each other. After eating, Jae Young and Sehun went out to buy some sweets for a snack.

“Are you okay? You seem out of your self today?” Jae Young asked. Sehun looked at her straight in the eyes. “Is there something wrong?” she mumbled.

“I just feel something weird. I never had a meal with my parents. They were always busy and had no time for me. Today… I just feel so happy”

“My mom wants you to come again… and my father seems to be fond of you… Next time, you can come again” Jae Young told him. He smiled. She was blushing.

“Why do you always turn red?” Sehun grinned.

“When did I? When?” Jae Young denied while covering her face. She was about to leave him when he grabbed her hand and pulled her into a hug.

“Thanks” he muttered.

“You don’t have to thank me…” she hugged him back.

 

Chanyeol stood in front two mounds at a graveyard. “Mother… Father… I finally found you…” he whispered. Sun Ji was standing beside him. Jonghyun was waiting for them at the car.

“It’s me, your son… Chanyeol. I’m sorry if it took me so long to find you. As you can see, I grew up well. I’m growing taller each day. It’s such a shame that you can’t see me right now… face to face. But I know that you’re looking at me now wherever you are” Chanyeol stopped and sniffed.

Sun Ji looked at him – worried of how hurt he must be. He smiled then wiped the tears coming from his eyes.

“They took care of me very well. They don’t have any idea that I know about you. I know that you have a good reason as to why you gave me to them. I just wished that I saw you when you were alive. I don’t know what kind of people you were… but I just know and feel that you were good ones. Thank you. Thank you for giving me this life…”

Chanyeol looked away trying to hide his tears from Sun Ji. “Ah… this is embarrassing…” he chuckled while wiping his tears.

“I’m Sun Ji. Chanyeol oppa is a good person. He knows how to make me feel better when I’m down. You have a kind and good son. Wherever you are, please take care of him” she fixed the flowers placed in front of the tombs.

Chanyeol took his time organizing himself. After some minutes, he walked with Sun Ji to where the car was parked.

“Are you okay now?” she asked.  Chanyeol nodded. “Finally… I found them. Even though I found them like this, I’m happy that I was able to pay my respects…”

“But… I’m just curious… how did you find out… that you’re… umm… you know…?”

“Ah… I just stumbled over some documents of grandpa’s room. They were adoption papers. I found my real parents’ picture i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter