The Past

What is Love? (사랑은 무엇인가?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You can’t reach him?” Junmyeon asked his brother. Minseok shook his head. He had been calling Luhan’s phone. Luhan is not the kind of person who would miss watching a soccer tournament. Minseok was worried. He called him again – still no answer.

“We should be going first…we still have to rehearse…our audition date is near…” Jongdae bid them goodbye. “Take care!” Minseok and Junmyeon waved at them. Jongdae and Baekhyun walked together and hailed a cab.

Chanyeol was standing beside Jong In. They were both uncomfortable with each other – knowing that they’re going for the same girl. Junmyeon and Minseok parted ways. Junmyeon had something to do at the hotel while Minseok went to find Luhan.

Chanyeol cleared his throat. Chanyeol already knew that Jong In was also feeling the same thing for Sun Ji – his instinct told him so. Both their phones rang – that saved them both from the ‘awkward situation’ which was killing them.

“Hello?” Chanyeol answered first. “Oh Sun-ah…” Jong In also answered. Upon hearing that, Chanyeol looked at him. Jong In caught him looking. “I’ll be going first…” Jong In excused himself and walked away. Chanyeol just looked at him.

“Yes? I’m sorry…really? You know where they lived before? Okay…I’ll see you there…Thank you…” Chanyeol smiled. *Can I find them now?* he asked himself.

 

It was getting late. Luhan was walking alone. He still can’t forget Yixing and Kris’s faces looking at him. *How could he greet me like that? How can he smile at me? If I did not leave him ‘there’…I should not be dying from guilt…* he was out of energy when he reached the soccer field at their school.

He sat down on the ground and looked at the stars. He took a deep breath and lie down. Without knowing, tears came falling from his eyes. *I feel really bad…I was so selfish…* he wiped his tears off.

 

“Do you need anything?” Sun Ji asked softly. Lay looked at her with his sad eyes. He smiled. “I’m okay…no need for anything…”

It was very quiet at the apartment. Tao was still out. Kris took off trying to cool down. Seyeon was with Jun at their apartment – the room next to her cousins’.

“Are you sure? I can get you coffee if you want to…” she asked again. She was worried. The situation a while ago was more intense than when Kris and Luhan met at the university.

“I’m sure of that…” Lay smiled then suddenly his smile faded. “I only need someone to talk to…can you stay for some time?” he asked her. “I will listen until you’re okay…” she sat down beside the cot which he was sitting.

“Sorry…for showing you an unmanly side of me…I should not be talking to you like this…it’s embarrassing…” he chuckled. “It’s okay…” she also smiled.

“Have you ever hated someone that you thought of killing him?” Lay suddenly asked her. She just looked at him without answering. “I guess it’s a no…?” Lay looked at her. She nodded.

“I thought about that before…” he confessed. “Is it Luhan oppa?...” she asked. He smiled then touched his right knee. “I guess I can’t lie to you now…I hate him…I hate him that much that everytime I see him…I can’t stop myself from having the thoughts of killing him…”

She felt a tinge of fear in her heart but she felt pity and sadness more. “Do you know why?” he asked her again. She shook her head.

“Because he did not even bother to look back…” he clenched his fist.

 

“I thought I’d find you here…” Minseok came towards Luhan. “You missed the big game…that’s not really like you…” he sat beside his friend.

Luhan was quiet. “Is there something wrong?” Minseok asked him. “Yah…” he shook his shoulder.

“I met him again…” Luhan mumbled. “Who?” Minseok asked. Minseok thought for a moment. “Kris? Lay?” he looked at his friend. He can tell that he cried.

“Yixing…both of them…” he sighed. “This is really killing me…If I…If I did not leave him there…I should not be feeling like I’m suffocating everytime I see them…” his voice became shaky.

Minseok patted his back. “What’s wrong? You can tell me anything…” he tried to comfort his friend. “I was very selfish…a good for nothing friend…” Luhan cried.

Minseok’s heart was aching for his friend. It was the first time that Luhan broke into tears. He always told him that he was a manly man and will not ever cry or show anyone that he was crying.

 

Flashback

“Luhan…take good care of him…you know he’s a little bit crazy…” Kris waved at his friends. “I got it…I won’t let him out of my sight…be back soon!” Luhan also waved back. Lay was waving at him like a child.

Kris was going to the U.S. for some fam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter