Haunted

What is Love? (사랑은 무엇인가?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cold breeze of the night brought chills to Luhan. He was standing alone in a dark place. He can hear metal shavings not very far from where he was standing. He looked around but there was nothing in there.

Someone came out from nowhere. “Who are you?” he asked the man walking towards him. Light came and the face of the guy was revealed. “Yi Xing…” he mumbled. He saw Lay smile then again with his serious face.

“What are you doing here?” Luhan asked then looked around once again. “What do you think am I here for?” Lay asked back – still with his serious face. “I’m really sorry for leaving you… I know that you can’t forgive me easily… but I really am sorry…” Luhan’s voice started to crack.

Lay scoffed. “Sorry… Sorry? Will that bring my past back? Will I be able to dance again with that?”

Luhan felt his cheeks burn. Tears were about to fall but he managed to get a hold of himself. Luhan shook his head. “I’m really sorry…”

“Do you know how much I suffered?! Do you know how much it hurts?! When you left me there without even turning back to see if I’m still alive… I felt like I died! When the doctor told me that my legs are not capable of holding my dreams… I felt like I was stabbed a couple of times while I was dying… You killed me! Luhan! You killed me! Do you know that!!!!???” Lay yelled with all his might.

Luhan can’t help but feel guilty. His hands were shaking. “I’m so sorry… I’m so sorry…” he kept on mumbling. His tears fell.

“I trusted you… You told me that you’re always there for me…” Lay’s voice echoed again and again.

“So much for a friend… You broke your promise Luhan…” Another familiar voice said. Luhan looked at the other man. It was Kris.

Luhan shook his head. “I was a coward for leaving Yi Xing… I’m guilty because of that… what can I do for you to forgive me?”

“I’m going to take away your dream just like what I did to your friend…” Zhou came out with a pipe. He was smiling like a devil. Kris and Yi Xing looked at him then nodded.

“W-what’s happening? Yi Fan… Yi Xing…” Luhan can’t believe what he was looking. Kris and Lay turned away then started walking away.

Luhan tried to run but his legs felt numb. Zhou was approaching him. “I’m going to cripple your legs too…” Zhou menacingly laughed. He brought the pipe up in a swinging manner.

“NOOOOO!!!!!” Luhan yelled. He sat up. He was crying. It was a bad dream – a nightmare. He wiped his tears off and ran his hand through his hair.

He was having cold sweats. His heart felt like they’re going to fall off any moment. His door opened. “Hyung… are you okay?” Kyungsoo peered inside. He turned the lights on and saw the room in a mess.

Several cans of beer were lying on the floor. Luhan looked like he was very tired. Eye bags, which he never had, can be seen. His eyes looked swollen – red. He was obviously crying.

“I-I’m okay…” Luhan tried to smile but Kyungsoo did not buy that. He went to the kitchen immediately then came back with a glass of water. He gave it to Luhan.

“I’m sorry for waking you up…” Luhan apologized after drinking the water. “That’s nothing… I can’t sleep anyway… Jongdae was snoring like hell…” Kyungsoo sat beside Luhan.

“Is there something wrong?” Kyungsoo asked again. He was making sure that Luhan was alright. “I’m fine… I just had a nightmare… a very bad one…” Luhan shook his head.

“Do you need someone to accompany you here?” Kyungsoo looked around. Luhan chuckled. “Just go and sleep kiddo… I’m going to be fine… And I know you can’t sleep with this kind of mess…” Luhan messed with Kyungsoo’s hair.

After some time of convincing Kyungsoo that he was okay, Kyungsoo went to his room. Luhan was left alone – still haunted by what he just dreamt of.

 

“Do you want to see a movie? There’s this action movie that I just watched and it was very good…” Sehun suggested while fumbling his phone.

“An action movie? Did you watch it with Jae Young?” Jong In closed the comic book he was reading. Sehun nodded. “Why?”

“Nothing… You’re really good in choosing movies for your date…” Jong In sarcastically answered. “Look who’s talking. Then what did you watch with Sun Ji? A romantic movie?” Sehun .

“We did not go to a movie yet…” he answered. “What? Really?” Sehun looked at his friend with a surprised face. Jong In just nodded coolly.  “Then what did the two of you do? Don’t tell me…” Sehun suggested with a playful smile.

“Do you want to die? Your mind is really crooked… I wonder how Jae Young put up with you…” Jong In hit him with his comic book.

“Seriously, are you two in a diet?” Jae Young asked as they entered their classroom. Sun Ji and Seyeon were behind her. Sehun nodded. “Because I’ll get fat from receiving your love…”

Jong In, Seyeon and Sun Ji burst into laughter. Jae Young blushed then hit his boyfriend. “Don’t ever think of making lame punch lines like that…” Sun Ji glared at Jong In.

“Over my dead body…” Jong In raised his right hand to show that he was making a promise. “Sun Ji-ah… Jong In told me that you never went to see a movie… you should try watching the action movie that’s making a big name now… the fighting scenes are really great… or maybe the story about a serial killer… wah! The editing was very good and the bloo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter