I Promise

What is Love? (사랑은 무엇인가?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yixing looked at Sun Ji then at Kris.  

Flashback

“Will you stop me?” he asked Kris as they sat on the couch. Kris took a sip on his glass of beer. “Do you want me to stop you?”  he asked in return.

Lay looked at his friend. “I really don’t want this kind of thing but Sun Ji’s really stubborn” Kris sighed. “But… if it’s going to be you… then I think it’s going to be okay…”

 

“Hello, my name in Zhang Yixing of Zeus Business Group” he bowed as he introduced himself to her father and grandfather. Tao, Kris, Junmyeon and Minseok were not that surprised since they already knew about it. Sun Ji, on the other hand, can’t still believe that Yixing who she treated as an older brother will be the one.

The engagement date was set and it will be a simple one. It will be held that evening. Sun Ji only had a short time to gather her thoughts and decide if she really wants to do it or not. She was waiting for Jong In’s call to hold her back. But he’s not calling at all.

“Are you okay?” Lay asked her while rubbing his hands together. Sun Ji looked at her. “Y-Yeah…” she nodded as she forced a smile. “This is really unexpected, don’t you think?” he asked. “I think so…”

“Are you ready to do physical contact with me?” Lay suddenly asked that made Sun Ji look at him with eyes wide opened. “W-What?” she stuttered. “I mean, after tonight you’ll be my fiancé and I’m sure not long after that, they’ll push the wedding date as soon as possible and you’ll be my wife and you know… ummm… am I making sense?”

Sun Ji felt her mind was floating somewhere else. She did not answer. “I see, I might be thinking so advanced…” he laughed as he scratched the back of his head. *But he’s right… after tonight I’ll be his fiancé and those things that he just said should be done and… but… am I really ready? Do I really want this? But I want to help my family and---*

Yixing patted her head. “I’m just joking. Don’t think of those things. I need to do something right now… I’m going first…” he said then stood and walked away.

 

Jong In sat on the floor sweating and gasping for air. He looked at his reflection at the mirror. He looked at his phone on his side.

Flashback

 “Bastard. You really had the guts to make Sun Ji cry after I warned you…” Chanyeol looked at him with a deadly gaze. He tried to stand. “What are talking about?” he asked. “What am I talking about?” Chanyeol scoffed.

“Sun Ji saw you and a girl kissing in one of the hospital rooms. And now, she made a very crazy decision. She’s going to do an arranged marriage and you have something to with that decision” Chanyeol told him angrily.

Jong In shook his head in disbelief. “S-She what? A-Arranged marriage??” He still can’t believe what’s happening. “I really don’t want to do this but I don’t want to see her like that. I don’t want her to regret doing that decision just because of you but I can’t do anything right now. I told you that I will not let her go if you make her cry right?”

“Just for this time Kim Jong In… just this time… I will let you make the move” Chanyeol shut his eyes. *What am I doing? I’m really crazy* “Why are you doing this?” Jong In asked. “Because I know you did nothing wrong… The thing you only did was to be good to whoever that girl is…” Chanyeol replied.

 

Sun Ji’s phone rang. It was Jong In. Her heart skipped a beat because of mixed emotions. “Hello?” she answered her phone.

He told her to meet him and have a talk. Sun Ji was nervous like hell. What will she say? That she’s going to be engaged tonight? And that her decision is crazy and impulsive? But she really wanted to help her family right? What will she do?

She looked outside. The sun will be setting down soon. She stood and got out of her room. “Y-Young Miss, you still need to change and get your---” “I need to go somewhere… I’ll come back in time…” she said as she ran outside.

Yixing looked at her ran. He smiled. Just outside the house, Chanyeol saw her running fast. He got off the car and looked at her get in on one of their cars. *I already know where this is going to go but why am I expecting something to happen miraculously?*

She reached the place where Jong In was waiting. He turned to her and immediately hugged her tightly. She’s not going to lie anymore. She missed him but parts of her body wanted to hate him. The pain of that horrible incident still haunts her. “You’re really crazy… How could you just say yes to an arranged marriage?” he whispered.

He looked at her and he can see that she’s in pain. And he knows the reason. “Sun Ji-ah, the thing that you saw at the hospital---” “You don’t need to explain that” she shook her head. “No, I need to tell you what happened. I don’t want your trust to be in line because of this. I want to clear this misunderstanding…”

“W-What?” she mumbled.

Flashback

Jong In was sitting near Yoo Jin’s hospital bed trying to call Sun Ji but the reception was really weak. “Aish… she might be very worried right now. We still have a group study but I wasn’t able to go…”

“Assa!” he exclaimed when he made the call. Sun Ji’s angry yelling voice welcomed him when she answered the phone. “Sorry, something just happened” he answered. After a while of explaining why he did not make it to the group study, Sun Ji hung up.

He looked at Yoo Jin. She had her eyes open. She sat up. “Are you okay?” he asked. “Is that Sun Ji?” she asked. He nodded. “Do you think you can go home alone? I still need to talk with her so---” “Why her?” she angrily asked. “Huh? What are you---”

“I’m asking you, why did you choose her? Why not me?” she hugged him tightly. “Y-Yoo Jin-ah… What are you doing right now?” he pushed her off and stood. She glared at him. “So you really courted me because you mistook pity for love? That you’re just treating me like a sister all this time?”

“You…” his eyes narrowed while looking at her. “Yeah! I heard you! I heard you Kim Jong In! But you know, you’re ing wrong! I’ll make you regret that!” she yelled then stood in front of him. “I’ll make you mine” she said then hung her arms around her neck. She kissed him hard and demandingly. Jong In had his eyes wide open. He was dumbfounded with what Yoo Jin was doing.

He felt her tongue dart inside his mouth and he forcefully pushed her away. “What the hell do you think are you doing?!” he yelled as he angrily wiped his lips. “Why not me?” she asked again.

“I think you know the answer to that question. I really feel bad for Sun Ji for misunderstanding our relationship because right now I’m cutting all connections with you…” Jong In said then got out of the room.

 

“I really don’t have an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter