Case Closed

What is Love? (사랑은 무엇인가?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Bad girl…” Sun Ji’s words felt like darts.

“Sun J--” Seyeon gasped. Sun Ji pulled her into a tight hug. “Bad girl…” she muttered between sobs.

“I’m really sorry… This is the hardest thing that I’ve decided on… I’m really sorry…” Seyeon also started crying. She buried her face on Sun Ji’s shoulder.

“I know… don’t ever do that again. Don’t take someone’s fault as yours… even if he’s your father… don’t ever do that again…”

 

Headline: Cold case from 5 years ago now solved!

 “… after 5 years, the suspect of an alleged robbery gone bad which turned into a homicide case has been captured and is now at the custody of the police. The suspect admitted to the crime that he committed. The victim’s family will be pushing charges against the suspect. The victim’s family who came from a well-known name in the business industry did not give any statement as of now but---”

Jong In turned the television off.

He turned his head to look at Sun Ji who was sleeping on the sofa. They were at Sun Ji’s house. Her brothers, her grandfather and father were with their family lawyer at the prosecutor’s office.

He stooped and looked at Sun Ji’s face. He brushed her hair carefully and dearly. *Sleep tight…* He caressed her cheek and smiled. 

“Now that it’s closed… You can be okay now, right? For 5 years, I know you’ve been into something harder than what others could imagine… You’ll be okay now, right?” he whispered while looking at her.  

He patted her head then kissed her forehead. “Sleep tight…”

He stood and made his way out of the house to buy something at the convenience store just nearby.

Chanyeol, who was just on his way out of his grandfather’s room, sighed as he leaned against the wall. He peeked to see what’s happening at the living room. He saw Jong In went out. His heart felt something painful as the picture of Jong In being too close to her came to his mind.

*Get yourself together…* he scolded himself.

He walked towards where she was lying down. He stared at her for some minutes. “If I told you sooner… would I have a chance?”

He found himself touching her hair – closely. He can hear her slow breathing. “Seeing you at this state… You really are amazing… Hiding something that painful for a long time… The heavens must have pitied you for suffering such tragedy and having that scar in your heart for a long time that’s why they made ‘this’ happen…”

Sun Ji slightly moved and Chanyeol immediately pulled his hand. He quickly stood.

“Mom…”

He stopped and looked at her. Sun Ji’s eyebrows were furrowed. He swallowed as he sat in front of the sofa – looking at her.

He can see tears flowing from her closed eyes. *Is she dreaming?*

“Mom…” she mumbled. He felt a tug inside.

“Now… I’m okay…” her voice was almost inaudible. Chanyeol’s hand moved. He wiped her tears with his thumb.

She opened her eyes. “O-Oppa…”

 

“Are you all right?” Kris asked as he turned to look at Seyeon. She nodded. He stared at her without saying anything. She shook her head then looked away. “Sorry…”

“I’m really sorry…” she wiped her tears as she tried to look at him.

“It must be also hard on you…”

“But it must be harder for Sun Ji… Why did such thing happen? I never imagined my father to do such crime…” Seyeon shook her head as she supressed her tears from flowing. “If only---”

“You can’t change what already happened. And it’s not your fault… Sun Ji also can’t believe it… But she doesn’t have any hurt feelings for you because she knows that it’s not your fault… I’ve seen her in her saddest moments when aunt died. It was really painful. But when you came…” Kris looked at her.

“… she found a friend that made her sadness go away even for just a brief time. That stubborn girl really… she’s really a pain in the …” he chuckled. She smiled as she wiped her tears.

“That’s why, don’t blame yourself… turning him in is the best thing that you could’ve done… that was so brave of you…”

“You know… he was a good man back when my mother was still alive. Maybe m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter