Step Up! (1)

What is Love? (사랑은 무엇인가?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jae Young-ah, do you want to come with us?” Sun Ji asked her. She was currently packing her bag. Seyeon was waiting outside their classroom. “Mmmm…where are you going?” Jae Young looked at her.

“To watch a movie…Sehun and Jong In will come too…” Sun Ji showed her 5 tickets. Jae Young bit her lower lip then gave a wry smile. “Maybe next time… I still have things to do…”

Sun Ji was disappointed by her friend’s decision but she thought that maybe she really had something important to do. “Okay. Next time, you really need to come. That’s a promise, okay?” Sun Ji told her. Jae Young nodded.

“Let’s go” Sun Ji told Seyeon. “She’s not coming?” Seyeon looked at her then at Jae Young. Sun Ji nodded.

Jae Young took a deep breath then closed her bag. She has been avoiding Sehun since the day that he asked “that” question. She did not know how to respond to him. It became very awkward between the two of them. Sehun stopped bullying her and has been very protective of her.

He just took her by a storm and her heart was in a state of calamity. She was frustrated and can’t explain what she was feeling.

On the other hand, Sehun was feeling the same thing. He felt the awkwardness between the two of them. He thought that he should’ve not asked her “that” question.

“Yah!” Jong In hit him with a comic book in the head. Sehun came to his senses. He touched his head and looked at his friend. “You’re drilling holes on the ground with your gaze. What’s wrong?” Jong In asked him.

Sehun looked hesitant. He was torn between the decision of telling him what happened or not. “Hurry up… What is it?” he was waiting for Sehun’s answer.

“The thing is…” Sehun started explaining what happened. Jong In just stared at him in disbelief after Sehun told him everything. Sehun looked at him and asked for advice.

Jong In hit him again with his comic book. This time, it was harder. “This son of a… I told you to say sorry to her… not to ask her out! Really, I don’t know what to do with you…”he let out a deep sigh.

Sehun pouted while touching his shoulder – the part where he hit him. “I really don’t know what to do… It became really awkward after I asked her… What should I do?” Sehun looked at him with his pleading eyes.

Jong In can’t take it when he does that. “How should I know? But…do you mean what you asked her?” he became serious with his question. Sehun nodded.

Jong In rolled the comic book he was holding. Sehun got ready for another hitting. Jong In gestured like he was going to hit his head again. Sehun flinched and closed his eyes. *This is going to hurt…*

“Then go for it…if you mean what you asked her, ask for her answer…”Jong In used the rolled comic book to pat his head. Sehun opened his eyes and the sight of a smiling Jong In welcomed him. He also smiled.

“Go for it…” he patted Sehun’s shoulder. “Should I?” he asked him back. Jong In nodded. “Then… I will…” Sehun also nodded then smiled.

Sehun was given courage to pick himself and ask her again. He walked away with confidence. Jong In looked at him, feeling somewhat jealous of his friend’s courage. *How about you? Do you have courage?* he asked himself.

His phone rang. Princess_SunJi – the contact name registered. “Hello?” he answered. “Sehun’s not coming… he has things to settle…”he told Sun Ji who was on the other line. “Oh… I’ll be there…” he said then hangs up.

*You’re really good on giving advices but in doing it…really…* he bit his lower lip while looking at his phone’s screen. *Oh…my perfect life…* he sighed then put his phone on his pocket.

 

Jae Young and Sehun were standing, facing each other. They were both quiet. “What do you need?” Jae Young asked him. Her heart felt like it’s going to fall sooner or later.

“I only need o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter