Lost Inside

15 Things I Want To Do Before I Die

Yoseob patted at my face with the wet cloth. My body twitched from the pain. "Lyd, I just want to tell you something." I tried to open my eyes. "Lyd, we've known each other a long time and I've always been your best friend. You've changed a lot of people's lives especcially mine. I know you love HongKi but I just want you to know I love you too. Selfish, I know, but I can't let you die without me telling you." I felt his lips brush mine. It wasn't exactly a kiss but it sure reminded me of them. The nurse entered, "Are you alright?" she asked. "Any pain?" I looked away. It was too late to matter. "HongKi," I said. Yoseob got up and went over to wake the sleeping prince. HongKi woke up. He saw me and shot off the chair. "What's wrong?!" he panicked. I took his hand, "I'm sorry I lied to you but I really do love you and want to marry you." Tears fell down his cheeks. "Lyd," I reached out.

HongKi's POV

She reached out to me. I leaned forward to her touch. I kissed her lips and felt like the angel of death as her hand in mine went limp. "No," I whispered. "No!" I shouted. I felt someone pulling me back. But I fought. I had to hold her. She wasn't gone. No, it was a nightmare. I had to prove it to myself. "Stop it!" Yoseob shouted. "You can't do anything!" "Lyd!" I shouted hoping she'd open her eyes and look at me, smile. "Lyd!" There was a rush. I swung his elbow back hitting Yoseob in the face. He fell backwards and Seunhyun and JaeJin took his place. They dragged me across the room. I fought with everything I had. The nurse covered her face with the sheet. "Stop!" I shouted. Don't do that. She's not dead! "No! Don't! Leave her alone!" "HongKi calm down," Jaejin tried but it was pointless. They shoved me against the wall and pinned me there. I struggled but the anger faded and I slid down the wall into a heap on the floor. I filled with despair. I just cried. I wasn't the only one. No one had dry eyes. "Lyd," I mumbled. "No. You were supposed to be fine. We were supposed to get married. We were going to live happily ever after." My voice shook with every word and no one could even understand what I said through the tears. I felt so weak. My lungs felt heavy and I couldn't breathe. What future was there left? What could I do now? I was lost inside.