March-Birthday Fun

15 Things I Want To Do Before I Die

"What'd you buy him?" "A CD," SeungHyun pulled a CD out of the bag before him. "Oh good. We got different ones," JaeJin sighed relief. "Day spa," JongHun held up two tickets. "Seriously? I should've gotten him more," MinHwan slapped himself in the face. "What are you doing?" I asked standing over them with my arms crossed. "Presents for HongKi. It's his birthday this weekend. You know that, right?" JongHun asked. He thought I hadn't. "Yeah, I know. I reserved us a room in a karaoke bar and I bought snacks." They stared at me shocked. "What? I know my boyfriend's birthday." "Can I pitch in for something?" MinHwan pleaded. "I can't figure out what to get him." "It's already done." "Decorations?" he asked with hope. "Yeah," "Cake?" "Darn it," "Yes!" "That was a joke. Yes, I ordered a cake." "Wow," JongHun said. "Well, I thought we were celebrating both of your birthdays together so I went a little crazy." His jaw dropped. "You did your research," JaeJing laughed. "Look at JongHun. He's touched," SeungHyun laughed. "Shut up." "Well, if we're not then you can help pay, MinHwan." "A giant party sounds fun," JaeJin said. "What about you JongHun? Is that alright?" "Yeah, sure." "Act surprised like HongKi does." JongHun laughed, "Alright." "Huh?" I asked. "We usually throw a surprise party but we do it every year and so HongKi always pretends to be surprised even though we know he knows." "Then we should wait and celebrate only JongHun's and then when he thinks you forgot about his party then tell him." "Hidden camera!" MinHwan laughed. I shrugged. "He would get so upset!" SeungHyun fell over laughing. "This is good. We'll hide all his presents and only sing for JongHun." "We'll get him a special hat and cape or something. Then HongKi will finally explode and we'll all shout hidden camera and he'll laugh so hard." "Ya!" JaeJin pretended to be HongKi. "Ya! I can't believe you did this!" We started laughing. "So, we're good at acting. Can you pull it off, Lyd?" "I can handle my own." "Alright, we'll have to be careful when we invite his friends." "I can handle that," JongHun volunteered. "Good. So, it's all settled?" Everyone nodded. "It's on." We put our hands in the middle. "Hidden Camera!" we shouted excited.

I was in charge of setting it all up. They all were busy all day. I had noticed recently that HongKi was getting cranky. His birthday was on the second and it was the seventh, JongHun's birthday. I spent all day blowing up balloons, hanging streamers, and making hats. My phone rang. "Yeobeseyo?" "Hey, we're on our way. It's all ready." They hung up. The presents were already hidden for HongKi and the presents for JongHun would be brought. The cakes arrived and I set it up and lit the candles. They were both small. I hid the other one with the rest of HongKi's things.

"Happy Birthday, JongHun!" everyone shouted. JongHun grinned, "Thanks so much!" "Look! We even have cake!" JongHun went over. "Make a wish." I noticed HongKi trying to smile and be part of the fun. I covered his eyes. "What's wrong?" I asked wrapping my arms around his neck. "Nothing," he gave me a pathetic smile. I put one of my birthday hats on him. "I made these so you'd better like it." "You made them?" "Yeah, you think JongHun likes them? I tried to keep his style in mind. I hope I did okay." "Yeah, they're nice." "I don't know any of JongHun's friends so I'm pretty nervous." "Lyd picked out the cake." I pulled away from HongKi and ran up. "Is it tasty?" I asked excited. JongHun the frosting off his fingers and nodded. "Very good." Everyone was pulling out their presents for JongHun. "Here. Try." JongHun held out a piece of cake he ripped off. I opened my mouth and he pushed it in my mouth. "Mmm!" I squealed delighted. "It's yummy! Oh, this is your hat!" I put his on him. "I hope you like it. I made them." "Very cool." "Good," "Presents!" someone called out. We all sat down and JongHun started opening presents. I sat between JaeJin and MinHwan. JaeJin sat next to JongHun. HongKi was starting to show his frustration across the room.

"And we have to finish off with..." SeungHyun pulled out a bouquet of roses. "What's this?" I asked. "Flowers. Perfume. Kiss." MinHwan explained before handing over the perfume. "I don't get it," I stated. "You're American. You won't." "Before HongKi and Lyd got together, JongHun had a crush on Lyd," JaeJin said. "What?!" I asked shocked. MinHwan laughed behind me. "So, Lyd will provide the kiss." SeungHyun pushed me towards JongHun. JongHun was blushing as was I. "A kiss on the cheek isn't anything. Come on," SeungHyun laughed. I leaned forward accepting their weird tradition. JongHun, embarrassed, closed his eyes so I did too. "Careful!" someone shouted. I felt a small push and my eyes shot open. We quickly pulled apart. I sat back in my seat. Everyone laughed. JongHun held a hand over his lips. I could swear I had never turned so red in my life. He snapped.