San Francisco-City of Love and Jealousy

15 Things I Want To Do Before I Die

"This makes me miss the warm weather even more. This park looks so beautiful in the sun." "So do you," I pretended not to hear him. HongKi's phone rang, "Here. I'm tired of talking to them." "Yeobeseyo?" "Lyd! It's about time he lets us talk to you. We just landed. You here?" "Uh, Golden Gate Park, why?" "We thought we'd meet up." "No," I replied starkly. "Why not?" "Because we're on a date." HongKi just grinned. "So, it'll be a group date." "Every day is like a group date. No. Go away." I hung up and handed HongKi the phone. "Hold onto it. They'll probably call again in an hour or so. And now that they know where we are we should probably go someplace else." "Chinatown?" I gave him a cute smile. "Lead the way." I pulled out his phone and found directions.

We walked down the streets. He still had his arm around me. "Food smells good," he said. I nodded. "Let's get something small. I want some American food later," he said turning into a small restaurant. We ate feeding each other and then quickly left before the delicious smells made us buy more. "You've been more upset since we came to America." "It's depressing here," I laughed. "That's because I'm the best looking guy here." I cracked up laughing drawing a few eyes. "Are you saying I'm not?" "Oh, no, you definitely are. But your arrogance is amusing." "Thank you." A group of girls ran in front of us and stopped. They all bowed and held out pieces of paper. HongKi smiled and happily signed them. "I told you that you had fans everywhere," I smiled. "Thank you," he said in English. They squealed among themselves. "You're his girlfriend, aren't you?" a girl asked me in English. I nodded, "Yeah," "You two are so cute!" "Thanks," I laughed. "That's what we're going for." They got the joke and laughed. "Can I have a hug?" a girl asked. I told HongKi she wanted a hug and he gave her a quick one. She screamed and the group of girls ran away. HongKi put his arm around me again. "They said we're a cute couple," I grinned from ear to ear. "You don't believe it until some Americans tell you?" "I like a global opinion." He started laughing.

We reached the American stores on the harbor. "Mmm," I smiled. "Food I recognize." I stopped at a stall and got a cheeseburger. "You sharing?" he asked after I took a bite. I shook my head. He leaned his forehead against mine. I pulled up the burger to take another bite and he stole one. I laughed. "Mmm!" he cheered. I nodded. The man handed me my fries and we went and sat down on a bench. "I'll grab some napkins," he said getting up. "Be right back." The stall he went to was out so he hurried across the pier to another stall. I stared after him. "Well, look," I heard in Korean. I looked up at my arch-nemesis, kind of harsh but true. She was a kpop freak. She was one of those fans that knew all the words to every song and the dates each song came out. She had also learned Korean and was always happy to flaunt it. "Hello," I said setting down the burger. "You can eat quite a lot. That's gross." "Yeah, it is," I replied. Her group was of actual Korean-Americans. They looked at me with more disgust than she did and they didn't even know me. "What are you doing here?" she asked. "Didn't you stay in that crappy little town?" "For awhile, yeah. Why'd you move here?" "There's usually a kpop concert within driving distance every couple months. There's one tonight." "I heard." "So, that's why you're here?" "It is," I smiled weakly. "I pity your kind. You can only see one kpop group in their poor pathetic life." "Actually, FT Island is a band." Her face became distorted. "Careful or it'll freeze that way." "Sorry, it was impossible to find some," HongKi sat down and grabbed a fry. "Who's this?" he asked. The girls stared in shock. "No one important. Let's eat and walk." I got up and he followed. He put his arm around me. I held up the burger and he took a bite.

We stumbled to a stop when they appeared in front of us. "We're friends of Lydia's." HongKi just opened his mouth. "Feed yourself." "I'll feed you!" a girl said a little too excited. "Do you want autographs or something?" he asked trying to be polite. His cell phone rang. I couldn't pull it out due to my hands full of food. HongKi pulled it out of my back pocket and held it up to my ear, "Yeobeseyo?" "We knew we could get a hold of you through HongKi's phone." "Now's not a good time." "Not a good time? Are you two coupling?" "Don't say it like that!" HongKi was trying to sign autographs. "Who is it?" he asked. I didn't want to say in front of the girls. "You're in San Francisco, right? Come visit us when you get back. Refrain from getting married." "Bye," I mumbled. "Bye," Key laughed and hung up. HongKi hung up the phone and slid it back in my back pocket.

He had just finished the autographs when he said, "We've been found. Should we make a break for it?" "We'd spill the fries." "No running!" MinHwan wrapped an arm around my neck in a chokehold. "We're supposed to be practicing, HongKi. You have us chasing you around San Francisco. Ooo, fries." I held them away from JongHun. "We understand the whole couple date thing but you've already had your romantic weekend. Can we go now?" "As long as you don't eat my food," I said just as JongHun got his fingers in my fries. "One?" he asked. "One only for you though." He dropped the others and popped it in his mouth. "What about me?" MinHwan pouted over my shoulder. "Buy your own." He let go and they started down the street. JaeJin got behind us. "Don't even think about sneaking away." "Hurry your steps!" SeungHyun called. HongKi and I continued to feed each other the rest of the way.