My List Is A Secret

15 Things I Want To Do Before I Die

I rolled over in my bed. I stared at my SHINee poster on the wall. "I guess I'll never be able to meet you. I know I don't have a chance but I just wanted to see your faces to prove that you're real." I rolled onto my back. I remembered what my sister said about making a list. "It's not like I could accomplish them anyways. I don't want much out of life. I guess that's why it chose me, huh? But hey, it'd be fun to write down." So I comprised a list:

15 Things I Want To Do Before I Die:

15. Make a best friend I want to do everything with and who cares about me.

14. Spend a night, dusk 'til dawn, at a karaoke bar.

13. Go to the SM Town concert.

12. See a variety show 1st hand.

11. Go to a masquerade

10. Dance with a great guy

9. Fall in love.

8. Have my first kiss.

7. Matchmake a happy couple.

6. Meet and hug all my favorite idols.

5. Sing and dance with my favorite group.

4. Plan out everywhere I would go if I had the time.

3. Live a day without worry.

2. Help someone realize what they're missing in llife.

1. Find a cure.

PS: DON'T LET ANYONE FIND OUT!

I laughed at the last part. I had no one to tell. All my friends had gone to college across the country. But if I had friends left I wouldn't want them to know. I hated pity. Pity caused mysterious things. People did things they wouldn't normally do out of pity. I hated that. I hated people who soaked it up and used it. There was a knock on the door. It slowly opened. Rachel came in. I hid the list under my pillow. "Hey, how you feeling?" "Kind of queasy. What about you?" "Kind of hungry. I was thinking though. I want you to make the most out of your...time. So, I was thinking. You're always talking about Korea, right?" She looked around my room at my posters. "Yeah? So?" "So, I thought you could go." My eyes widened, "You shouldn't joke with a dying person." "No, I'm serious. I can afford a ticket there. I can send you over and then come join you when I've settled everything here. What do you say?" "I say that you're not as funny as you think you are." I got up and went over to grab another CD to switch into my stereo. I turned and she held up a piece of paper. I grabbed it as I passed and looked at it. 'Transaction complete.' It said she had actually bought one. I carefully set the CD down. "I'll go with you to the airport and see you off. But you'd better hurry and pack. The plane leaves in two hours."