Party It Up

15 Things I Want To Do Before I Die

"But that wouldn't make any sense." "It doesn't have to make sense," I laughed. I unlocked my apartment door. "Surprise!" I jumped and turned around to hide my embarrassment. Key turned me around so I covered my face. "What are you all doing here?" "Happy Birthday!" "It's my birthday?" I pulled out my phone and checked. "How did you guys know?" I asked. "We came to your apartment yesterday and saw a package." "And you opened it?" "Of course, and it said happy birthday." "And who was the one that broke open my door?" No one claimed to be the culprit. "Who opened the package?" "Me!" HongKi raised his hand proudly. "Look how pretty it is!" He held up the package. "Then what's those?" I pointed to the counter. "That's from us. We all bought you presents," Taemin smiled. "Why?" I asked shocked. "That's what you're supposed to do for birthdays." "We checked if it's the same in America and it is so don't lie," Key smiled. I was going to cry. Key noticed and so said, "Turn on the music." Kim Young obliged and then turned and started talking to MinHwan. Key gave me a hug. "Happy birthday." "You all have known me for only like two weeks." "You're happy, right?" "Very, thank you."

"Open this one." They handed me one. I read the small note, "For being out of date." I opened the paper. "Rip it! Don't be such a girl!" I tore it off and saw the new cell phone. "Seriously?!" "It's from all of us. It's already set up and everything and HongKi went a little crazy with taking pictures." "I also put in everyone's phone number so all you have to do is transfer your family's." "Thank you so much." "Look, it's the same kind as mine." He held up his phone. "Here." Jonghyun threw one. I caught it. There wasn't a card so I just ripped it open. "Minho, Taemin, and I comprised our favorites on a few CDs for you." "You listen to American music?" "Sometimes, I don't even listen to it." They laughed. Onew handed me a present. "Key and I went shopping." I opened it to find a hat, scarf, and few other accessories. "Wow,"

Sung Dae handed me one. I opened it up. "You were talking to me before about how events have made you look at life differently and so when you leave at the end of the year's time I want you to be able to look back and remember all the moments you spent here that changed your life. MinHwan let us know they were buying you a phone so we bought these to help you take pictures with it." I bowed my head letting the tears well up in my eyes and fall into my lap. I had created this new life and with this simple gift the blow of my sickness struck. "I'm sorry. Thank you all so much for the gifts. Excuse me a minute. I got up and went into the bathroom. I didn't want this to go away. The door opened and closed. "Not now." But HongKi didn't crack a smile or a joke. He just wrapped his arms around me and held me. The tears started again. I pulled him tight. "Why did I have to come here?" I asked in English. "Now I can see what I'm losing in life." I cried into his chest.

I finally stopped and washed my face. "Thanks," "That's what friends are for. Ready to cheer up?" he smiled. I nodded and he smiled, "Come on." He pulled my back out of the restroom. Everyone was goofing off. "Taemin, you should dance," Minho said. Taemin confidently got up and after listening to the beat of the song he started doing freestyle. "Whoa!" everyone cheered. HongKi pulled me down with him. "You know, we bought her a phone but we should've bought her furniture," JaeJin said. They laughed. "She won't be here that long, stupid," Sang Dae rolled her eyes. "Why is she leaving?" Taemin asked sitting down. "It's just a vacation. I can't stay." "A year long vacation? You might as well just change your nationality," Key said. "Just refuse to go anywhere. Be a lazy like JaeJin." "I am not." "You are," Jonghyun laughed. "Only rarely," "Whenever he doesn't have a schedule he just lays around all day," HongKi said. "So do you." "But I usually always have a schedule," he teased. "HongKi has a prince complex," MinHwan explained. "I do not," HongKi scoffed. "Alright, maybe a little but only because I'm so important to FT Island." "Yeah, yeah, without you we'd just be a wreck," Seung Hyun said sarcastically. "See? They admit it." I shoved his head.

It was getting late and half the guests had just fallen asleep wherever they were. I tried to clean up but Kim Young took the trash from me. "Relax," MinHwan helped her. I sat back down beside HongKi. "Good night," he mumbled. I felt him lay his head on my shoulder. I lightly pushed his shoulder, "HongKi." He got off my shoulder and laid his head on my lap. I sighed. His hair had fallen in his face and so I brushed it out of his eyes before I tried to go to sleep.

(i hope the story's good-let me know what u think-i hope u didn't cry)