A Real Date

15 Things I Want To Do Before I Die

I looked for him when I arrived. I sat down on a bench. His stocking cap had been so low last time and topped with another hat that I had barely seen his face. "Look, even the sun is on our side." I turned. His face... "What?" he asked. "You look familiar." "We met yesterday," he laughed. "I know but I know you from somewhere before that." He laughed, "I get that a lot. Ready?" I nodded and got up. "So, where are we going?" "Do you like to dance?" he asked. "I love to. How did you know that?" "I'm really smart." I laughed. "There's this great place I want to show you." We took alleyways and backstreets. He knew this city well. We went up a ladder and onto a small rooftop. "Wow, for a first date?" I asked. "I told you, I'm not very good at this." He looked at his phone. "Ready?" "For what?" He cleared his throat and music started playing. It was classical music but it was beautiful. "Where is it coming from?" I whispered. He just smiled. I tried to peek over the roof. He grabbed me to make sure I didn't fall. "Where?" I got anxious. He just closed his eyes. Then all of a sudden from a slow, sad melody it burst into a firework of different sounds. I started dancing to the music and he joined me. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

After a half hour the music stopped. He sat down and slid off the roof. I gasped. I sat down where he had and looked down. "You scared me." He reached his hands up. I took them in mine and slid off. "I almost didn't trust you with that." "I'm usually not clumsy. I think the supermarket was rigged to make me look bad." I laughed. He didn't let go of my hand as he led me across the small roof over to a window. He pushed it open. He stepped in onto a desk. Then reached out to help me in. Then we jumped off the desk. The instruments were strewn all over the floor. They were small. "Is this an elementary school?" I asked. He nodded. "They can play that well?" "No," he laughed. He hit a button on a stereo and the music started again. "There's a small group of kids that like to practice dancing in here." "That's so cute." "Yeah, but once those kids leave the school is empty." He pulled the bag off his back and pulled out a cd. He put it in and cranked it up. I knew the song. After he started dancing I did too. There were a few of common kpop songs and then there was a slow ballad. "You have done this before." "I have never shown anyone this place before." "We'll you've pulled these same moves." "I have not." "Then what do you call putting this song in the mix?" "I just like this song," even he couldn't say it with a straight face. "I swear though that I haven't done anything like this before." He was being truthfull. "Then are you going to ask me to dance?" He smiled and held out a hand, "Would you like to dance?" I took his hand. "I have to admit I've never danced this way before," I whispered as he placed my hand on his shoulder and placed his on my waist. "I haven't danced this way with a girl." "That's awkward." "It is." "Can I ask you something?" "What?" "Why did you ask me out?" He blushed a little, "I thought that fate had made us run into each other enough times that it meant something and I know that sounds really cheesy but it is really how I feel. Why'd you say yes?" "Because you were doing such a bad job and I thought you were cute." The song ended.

He grabbed the cd and put it back in his bag. "Come on." He helped my climb onto the desk and then helped me back out the window. I followed him back the way we came. Once down the ladder we walked down the alley to the street. He hadn't let go of my hand but I didn't think he noticed. We stopped at a small park where there was a small playground, picnic benches, and campfire pits. He sat down on a picnic bench and took off his bag. "Wow, that thing must be full of tricks." "It is." He kicked the snow out of the firepit. "Are you sure you can get it started?" There were already logs and twigs. He struck the match and set it on the leaves. He blow on it lightly. Soon it was burning bright and strong. "A man of many talents," "That's right and don't forget it." I laughed. He reached into his bag. "And out comes a white fluffy bunny." "I don't have a bunny. They're scary." I started laughing and so did he. "Are you seriously scared of them?" He shook his head, "No." "You are really good at lying." "Thank you, I think." He placed the familiar box of marshmallows on my lap, chocolate, and graham crackers. "Wow, you're so amazing." "We do need sticks." "Well, you've done so well I'll go find them."

I headed over to the trees. They caught my eye. I grabbed my phone and called them. "Yeobeseyo?" HongKi asked. "Have you guys been stalking me this whole time?" "Huh?" he asked. "Where are you right now?" "Filming." "Is everyone with you?" "No, just me." I hung up. I called MinHwan, "Yeobeseyo?" "How's the view?" "Um, I don't know what you mean." "Where you just bored?" "Yes," JongHun said into the phone. "Go away. Is HongKi with you?" "No, why?" "Nothing." I hung up. I grabbed two sticks and wiped the snow off. "How are these?" I asked. I handed him the better one and started breaking off the extra limbs. "Are you having fun?" he asked. "Yeah, why?" "I just saw you on the phone." "Yeah, a couple of my friends were following." "Oh, have they left?" I looked up. "Yeah, unless they're suddenly better hiders. Have you had a good time?" He nodded, "It was nice. Thank you." "Want a burnt marshmallow?" I asked holding up the marshmallow that was on fire. He blew it out and laughed. He pulled it off the stick with his teeth. "It's hot!" he shouted. "It was on fire!" I laughed.