New Year's Wishes

15 Things I Want To Do Before I Die

So, the Christmas break was over and for New Year's I was left all alone as the band went to celebrate in a concert. Sang Dae and my friends were at the concert. SHINee had their own plans. I sat on the couch alone. Was this how I was going to spend my New Year? My phone rang. It was probably HongKi calling again to check up on me. "Yeobeseyo? I said I was fine being alone. Don't worry about it. Just have fun at your concert." "I don't know how to reply to that." "HyunSeung!" "Hi, so you have no plans?"

"I feel extremely awkward." "Probably because you're the only one not wearing comfy pants," Yoseob smiled. I laughed, "No, I don't think that's it." "It could be you're the only one not wearing a party hat," he tried again. "No, I think I'm okay with that." "You're the only one sitting." "You know, that might be it." "Really?!" "No." "You're odd. I can see why you're dating HongKi." "Everyone says it like it's a bad thing." "He's just unique," HyunSeung said. "That's not bad." "No. Yoseob is very unique too." "Being cute is not a bad point like they think it is," Yoseob defended himself. "Because of it I made our band popular." "And yet somehow being cute comes with the added bonus of arrogance." The others laughed while Yoseob frowned. I smiled, "I'm just teasing." "He's knows it. He's just trying to be cute pouting over there." Yoseob smiled acknowledging the fact. "And I thought HongKi was a pro." Yoseob perked up. "Really? I'm cuter than him?!" "Look, now you got him all excited," HyunSeung frowned. "He'll be at it all night."

"Here," DooJoon handed me a drink. "You'll need this." I sniffed it and I could feel the alcohol burn my nose. "You actually drink this stuff?" I asked. They ignored me. I drank it in one go like they did. "Gah! Gross!" "Yup," they agreed. "Then why do you drink it?" They shrugged. "And you say I'm weird."

It didn't take long before we were all so drunk we pretended to sing to every song and tried to dance with every dance. "You know what?" HyunSeung put his arm around me. "The moment I met you and we slammed into each other, I looked at you with your silly hat and thought, you know what I thought?" I shook my head, "No, what?" "I thought you were cute." "Yeah?" "Yup! And I personally don't like cute girls. But it was funny. I thought, do you know what I thought?" "No, what?" "That you were cute and you reminded me of Yoseob. You two would made a cute couple." I laughed, "I've already got a boyfriend." "Yeah, but you two would make a cute couple." "Yeah? Nah!" "What do you think, hyung?" DooJoon turned. "What?" "Lyd and Yoseob would make a cute couple." "Sure, why not!" "See?" "Oh, okay." I dropped onto the couch. "My head hurts. Everything is spinning." "That's because you're drunk," Kikwang laughed. "I think I'm drunk," he smiled. "That's funny." "Kikwang, help me with this!" Dongwoon called. Kikwang stumbled over. "Aren't people supposed to do something special at the countdown?" I asked. "Like what?" Junhyung asked. "I don't know. Scream or something. I don't know. My head's a blur." "We could all scream." "We might get in trouble." "So?" "What are they going to do? Kick us out? It's our room!"

"One minute!" the television cheered. "We should all tell a secret or ask for something," Doojoon said. "I really hate being the leader. I never get any credit for it." Junhyung went next, "I hate our bedroom arrangement." "I hate being the maknae. I'm invisible," Dongwoon said. "I wish we were invited to perform tonight," Hyunseung stumbled. "I wish we could take a break," Kikwang groaned. "I wish I was looked at more as a man," Yoseob frowned. "I look at you as a man," I patted him on the shoulder. "Three. Two. One." Yoseob pulled me in and kissed me. In a drunken daze I stood there. The others finished screaming. "Oh, Lyd, you didn't say what your secret or wish was." "I wish...I wish I wasn't going to die."