Day of the Dawn

15 Things I Want To Do Before I Die

I was shaken awake. I opened my mouth but a hand cupped over it. HongKi held a finger to my lips. He motioned for me to get up. I did. "Hurry and get dressed," he whispered and pushed me towards the bathroom. I closed the door and dug through my bag. I came out and he had changed too. He pulled me towards the door and we slipped out silently. Even on the elevator we were quiet. "The sun rises in a half hour." "Look who's the romantic," I teased. He wrapped his arms around me. "We can't even go a few hours without being interrupted. I thought it'd be nice for some peace and quiet and some time alone." "Sounds nice but I doubt it'll last." "Hope for the best." We exited the elevator hand in hand. "So where are we going?" I asked. "I can't tell you that. It's a surprise."

I stopped on the hill. "It's so high and it's so early in the morning." He came back down to me. I laughed and jumped on his back. He took me the last few steps up the hill. "Wow!" I said at the view. We sat down. "There's that big world out there and I still feel like we're the most important, is that wrong?" I asked. "Not at all." He laid his head on my lap and stared up at the sky. The sunrise seemed to turn the whole city into a different place, if only briefly a utopia. I laid down too. I closed my eyes. I heard him turn on some music, his music. "If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?" I asked him. "You're with me, right?" he asked. "Of course," "Hmm, I'd like to visit Taiwan. I hear they have good food." I laughed. "What about you?" he asked. "There's a lot of places I'd like to go." "Tell me." "I want to go through the shops of Paris, see the sights of London, walk through the markets in India, visit Tokyo, see Beijing, eat in Cuba, walk the coast of Taiwan, touch the sands of Egypt, Italy ang Greece would be nice, and I want to try all the food of everywhere," I added with a laugh. He started humming to the music, "I wish I could take you everywhere you wanted to go." "That's alright. I'm just happy to be with you wherever we are."

He started to sing along to the music "You are beauitul, you are wonderful/ My surprised mouth, oh-oh-oh/ You are beautiful, you are wonderful/ My heart's going thump-thump-thump/ Look back to me, one, two, three, walk to me, three and four/ I look at you and cast a spell but oh-oh/ My other half, one, two three, My love, three and four/ You and I must be destiny/ You are my sunshine girl, you are my shining girl/ When I see you the entire world becomes beautiful/ You are my sunshine girl, you are my shining girl/ I now confess my love, I love you (FT Island-Sunshine Girl)" I didn't let him continue before I kissed him. I wanted to tell him right there. I'd ruin the moment but I felt like I needed to tell him, "HongKi, I..."