The other Eunmi was actually me?

Fate is Beyond Us

I kneeled on the floor in the airport and Sharon came up to me patting my shoulder.

Super Junior left...Heechul left.

“What is with that ELF?” some of the fans were saying.

“What a disgrace of being an ELF” someone else was saying.

“Shut Up!” Sharon yelled at them.

I was in a loss, I can’t believe he didn’t see me. We were so close, if only he heard me. If it weren’t for those noisy fans and the stupid security officers then he would have turned around, looked at me before running up hugging me.

Is this really our fate?

-bzz bzz bzzzz- I looked at my temporary phone.

It’s an unknown number, “Hello?”

“Hi, is this Eunmi? We have Hana here from the airport?” a man said on the other end of the phone.

“Yeah it is”

“Can you please come to xxx hospital please”

Hospital?

~~

When I got there, I realized this hospital was weird. The patients were all locked up in rooms.

I walked to the specified room and saw some doctors standing outside.

“Eunmi” the guy greeted me. I remember seeing him before I left Hana.

“Hello” I bowed. “What’s the matter?” I asked as I looked through the window at Hana that was lying on the bed. She couldn’t see me through the window and she was locked up in the room.

“It’s about Hana” he sighed, “She suffers severely with psychological problems”

I gasped as I covered my mouth.

“We’ve done some research on her as well as listened to her talk with you at the airport. We recorded your conversation and we found out that she’s psychologically ill. She killed her father, but she also killed her mother and grandmother. Except in the back of her mind, she thought she only killed her father because she refuses to accept reality. We believe she was hallucinating, as there is no other ‘Eunmi’. She was by those guys, and she is unable to accept the truth so her mind twists what happened around. She thought she ran away and fell in love with…you to be precise. It was you that she saw in her mind, but it never really happened” the doctor explained to me.

It was really hard to process the truth. I looked at her through the window.

She smiled at thin air and started talking. It was as if there was someone else there. I couldn’t help but cry.

How did it turn out like this? You used to be so smart, you always studied and read. You laughed a lot and we talked about everything.

You were like Sharon to me, but you left me…I’m sorry Hana.

“Is there any way to help her?” I asked the doctor.

He sighed, “It’s really hard to say. Some patients are able to escape this mentality. But it is really rare”

I looked at Hana again, would she make it?

~~

Sharon just looks at me shocked; she didn’t even know what to say.

“I want to help her” I looked at her.

“As long as she doesn’t harm you anymore, I do want her to get better” Sharon sighed. “About Heechul, they wouldn’t be back until 4 months you know?”

4 months…I forced a smile, “I guess this is our fate, maybe we weren’t meant to be and all this time I was chasing after something that should have never been mine”

“Don’t say that!” Sharon slapped my knee, “Things just happened like that, I’m sure that when he comes back, you guys will get back together!” Sharon cheered for me, but I know deep inside it was a lost dream.

~~

I spent every day going to see Hana and talking to her about the past. Every time she talked about the stuff that happened in Busan I would ignore her and change the subject, I don’t want her to think of those stupid times.

She doesn’t need those memories.

It’s been 3 months now. My life was like a routine. I’d get up to cook food for Hana, spend 3 hours at the hospital. Then I’d go home and meet Sharon. We’ll have dinner together and talk about stuff. She’s always telling me what Super Junior has been up to in their tour.

It’s nearly time for them to come back, would I see Heechul face to face again?