Farewell~

Fate is Beyond Us

[Eunmi’s POV]

 

I’m meeting with Heechul today…

Our last date before we’re over. I looked up at the cloudy sky, feels like even god predicted this. We’re just following our fate…

I dressed up, I want his last memory of me to be beautiful…but he would probably be too heartbroken to remember that side of me. I’ll probably be engraved into him as ugly.

~~

It was finally time, I really didn’t want to go. But an agreement is an agreement, I can’t break it.

I saw him sitting on the park bench as he waited. His face deep in thought. I walked slowly to him and he looked up at me. He smiled at me, and I forced a smile back.

I should actually spend today with him creating a beautiful memory.

“You hungry?” I asked him as he stood up.

He grabbed my hand, “Yeah I am”

We walked to the same restaurant we ate at for our first date.

“You’re really beautiful” he smiled at me from the other side of the table.

I bit my lip, everything he is saying is making me want to cry. I swallowed my saliva and forced a smile back.

We ate exactly the same meal, it’s like we’re replaying the same night.

He held my hand and we just reminisced.

I wish I could disappear with Heechul, to another world. One with no one to bother us, where we can live with our children. A very happy family.

“I have to go to the bathroom” I excused myself.

I opened the bathroom door, and I bursts. Tears streamed down my face like a tap. I sat there for a while, but remember I have to go back. I stood up still crying, and stared at myself in the mirror.

my make up was a mess. I wiped my tears and got a towel wiping away my foundation. I wiped my smudged eyeliner and mascara. I have to head back before he suspects something.

“What happened to your face?” he asked with concern.

“It’s new make-up and my skin was sensitive” I lied with a smile as I sat back down.

“I paid the bills, you want to go now?” I nodded and he held my hand leading me out.

We walked down the same street that he asked me out.

Maybe, it’s time…time to say it.

I stopped and Heechul turned to look at me. “What’s wrong?”

I stared into his eyes, and I hesitated to say what I needed to say. Then it started to rain.

He held my waist and pulled me into him. We kissed.

This kiss was different to the one we shared at the dorm

It was deep and I started to cry continuing the kiss. The rain hid my tears and I wrapped my arms around his neck holding him closer.

We kissed for a long time, drenched in the rain.

When we parted, we just stared into each other.

“Eunmi…” he began.

I was afraid to hear anymore nice words from him, I’m already crying and I have to say goodbye.

I stepped back from him and he also retreated.

He my cheek, as if he was wiping away my tears.

“Let’s stop seeing each other”

I opened my eyes wide. The words that I dreaded to say came out of his mouth.

He kissed my forehead, as I froze still unable to move. “Goodbye” he whispered before walking away.

What? Heechul…

I watched his back as he disappeared. Don’t go…Don’t Go…DON”T GO!!!!

My legs started running towards him. “Heenim!” I cried in the rain.

He just continued to walk away. my legs gave way and I fell. “don’t go!” I cried, even I barely heard my strained voice.