First Date [Part 2]

Fate is Beyond Us

I walked towards the restaurant, I was already extremely nervous, but the people that keep staring at me are making it worse.

I took some deep breaths attempting to calm myself down.

Then I saw him leaning on the pole outside the restaurant.

He wore a nice white shirt with a pink loose V-neck sweater, matching with his black skinny jeans. He’s also hiding behind his thick black scarf and sunglasses. He’s so cute!

I walk over slowly, and the closer I got, the harder it was to look up at him. I don’t want him to see me, I’m so nervous.

“Hey, you look amazing” He complimented me.

“Thank you” I smiled as I slowly looked up at him. Even though he had his sunglasses on, I could feel him looking at me.

“Let’s go in, I’m really hungry” He held my hand and we walked in together.

We got a VIP room with a wonderful view. This restaurant was meant to be cheap, but since we got the VIP room, I don’t know how expensive it’s going to be now.

“Are you sure you don’t want to sit downstairs like everyone else?” I asked.

“No! I don’t want them to look at you...” He paused embarrassed at his quick answer. “And I don’t want them to interrupt our dinner” he said as he removed the scarf and sunglasses.

He’s so charming, still such a sweet talker. I smiled at him as he continued to look at the menu.

We ordered our meal and a bottle of red wine. We talked about the past, laughed at our precious memories.

 “Did you hear about our parent’s fight?” I asked him as I wiped my lips.

“Yeah, I think I started it” He stared at his red wine as he swirls it in his glass, “I lied about getting into a private school.

“I can’t believe you; you should have just told your mum you made it into the company!” I said shaking my head.

“I did, but after I knew I will actually succeed, I don’t want her worrying about me and doubting me” He said taking a sip.

“Yeah, the fight was stupid, I can’t believe they fought over something like that” I smiled and shook my head some more before looking at him.

“Yeah” he agreed with me smiling.

After our dinner, we took a stroll. It’s a cold night, and I’m wearing a skirt with no stockings and a loose top with no jacket. That’s why they say that girls don’t care about their health when it comes to beauty.

He wrapped his arm around me pulling me close to him as we continued to walk. Still so smooth, I smiled. He’s so warm, I snuggled closer.

“So how come you’re not dating anyone?” He stared at me as we continued to walk.

“Because I don’t like them?” I responded avoiding eye contact.

“What about me?” He asked causing me to freeze.

“What do you mean?” I said now standing completely still. He let go of me and looked at me, I looked back at him, my face probably still in shock.

He took a deep breath and his cheeks went pink. “I meant, if I asked you to be my girlfriend, would you agree?” I could see him looking deep into me. I can’t believe what I just heard.

Without thinking, I jumped into his arms, “I would love to” I smiled, unable to look him in the eyes and also hiding my completely flushed face.

He hugged me back, and then it started to snow. We stayed there, just staring at the snow lowly drift down. It was an amazing night, and I want it to stay like this forever.

 

~~

 

He drove me home, holding my hand in one hand and driving with the other. I watched him the whole time, observing this person that I’ve always longed to be mine, and now he really was. He glanced at me every now and then when he had the chance.

It was a silent ride, like we didn’t need words to communicate.

He parked the car outside my apartment, and looked at me with those loving eyes of his.

“Thank you” I said biting my bottom lip afterwards. I didn’t want to go, but I had to. He only smiled at me and nodded.  

I got out of the car and waved to him as I walked to my apartment.

“Eunmi!” He called out to me, I turned around to see him run towards me.

Then he kissed me on the forehead, “I’ll call you tomorrow” He said before leaving to his car.