The baddie is asleep

Fate is Beyond Us

*Hana’s flashback*

 

It’s been 3 years since I left Heechul and Eunmi.

I moved to Busan with mum, dad and granny. But my happy family broke apart.

“You went and slept with someone else didn’t you?” My mother yelled at my dad

“Shut the f*** up!” my dad yelled, slapping my mother across the face.

“Daughter in law” my granny gasped helping my mother up. “You pig for a son!”

“So annoying!” my dad pushed granny and mum over before storming towards me.

I moved away from the door and ran into my room.

This was a normal event in my household.

But once, I got caught peeking at the commotion.

My dad saw me through the gap in the door.

“Hana!” he called me, making me jump in the spot. I trembled in fear.

He gestured me to go over.

I don’t want to…dad’s bad, dad’s bad.

I shook my head at his waving hand.

“Hana, come over right now” he glared at me, eyes that were cold as ice.

I trembled as I slowly walked over.

“No, leave our daughter alone! She’s innocent!” my mother cried on the floor, reaching her hand out towards me.

My dad saw her arm and stomped on it. I watched as mum cried in pain. Her scream buried inside my head.

My dad took one step towards me before picking me up with one hand, “Hana, I know you always watch and peek at us, but you never learn do you?” he said before slapping me.

The pain was horrible, it felt like I was being hit by a truck.

I felt so useless. I hate him. I hate this guy. All men are bad!

No matter how good they look, they’re all bad.

They’re just fake!

FAKE!

He released me and I fell onto the ground he watched me fall and started laughing.

He started to walk away. I looked at the fruit knife on the table.

I hate dad! I hate him!

I grabbed onto the knife and in one swift movement I stabbed it into his spine, I felt the knife sink into him. His scream etched into me.

Scream! Feel the pain that mum felt, that granny felt that I felt!

I pulled it out and shoved it back into him. I don’t know how many times I did that.

I could hear everyone screaming.

Daddy screaming in pain

Mum also screaming along with granny.

I stopped and stared at mum and granny, I smiled “We’re safe now”.

I walked over towards them going to help them up. “Stay away!” they yelled at me.

I looked at them, what did I do wrong?

I took away the bad guy. I took dad away.

My mum looked up at me, in fear. I’m your daughter…and you’re scared of me?

I dropped the knife in despair and crept into bed. This must be a bad dream.

I woke up later, feeling extremely hungry.

“Mum? I’m hungry”

I walked back down to the living room.

I looked at the blood drenched room. My dad lying there with mum next to him and granny holding onto mum.

What happened?

Mum? Granny?

Did dad hurt you again?

But the bad guy is already asleep.