Confrontation

Fate is Beyond Us

Seeing an old friend should bring you happiness.

But why does Hana make me so worried?

Sharon told me to be careful of her, afraid she’ll be nasty. But she was so cute and innocent wasn’t she?

Maybe the incident with Jae made me lack trust for others.

I stared up in the sky, Heechul has schedules for the whole day. I stuck out my bottom lip, he’s busy working while I’m just sitting in the park relaxing.

I’m such a bad girlfriend. Maybe I should get myself a job too. The old small jobs I did before never lasted.

My phone vibrated in my hand, and I answered it excitedly thinking it was Heechul.

“Hello?” I answered cheerfully.

“Hi” a girl’s voice said on the other end.

I looked at my phone screen and it read ‘Hana’.

I froze. “Hello? Are you there?” I vaguely heard her on the phone.

I pressed it against my ear, “Yeah, I’m here” I replied and let my head hang back as I talked to her.

~~

I’m sitting down at a café, waiting for her. In the end I decided to see her again. I guess I’m still soft hearted to people being persistent.

“Eun Eun!” she called me in a cute voice as she hugged me from behind. “Sorry for being late” she apologized.

“It’s ok” I replied with a small smile.

“Yay! You’re not angry!” she clapped her hands. I wasn’t used to her acting cute. Apart from her name and face, she was nothing like ‘Hana’.

“You’re so different” I stated as I looked at her applying more make-up.

She smiled brightly at me, “Is that good or bad?”

I thought deeply on that. I’m not so sure myself if it was good or bad. I sighed “I dunno, guess I’m just not used to it”

“Well, maybe if we spend some more time together you’ll get used to it” She smiled looking at me with mysterious eyes.

I can no longer read her expression, her ice cold poker face. I miss the Hana I used to know. Just one look at her and I would roughly know what was on her mind. But this Hana in front of me is unreadable….maybe it’s me that’s pushing her away…

“So, how’s Heechul?” she started drinking her ice chocolate.

I tense up, and looked at her. Her eyes not letting me in and neither is her rock hard expression. “He’s good” I left it short not wanting her to know more about him.

I felt protective over him. Maybe because I was afraid, afraid she would take him from me. It wasn’t that I didn’t trust Heechul, but more that I don’t trust hungry females.

I glared at her, trying to make it clear that he’s mine. But she just smiled innocently at me.

I want to leave, this ‘meeting’ is horrible. I stir my coffee, watching the chocolate slowly mix with my drink.

She started laughing, “You’re really ugly when you’re angry” she stated to me.

I looked at her innocent smile that was clearly not innocent.

“And you’re really ugly as a human being” I snarled. I grabbed my bag and walked away. What the hell was her problem? You ask me to come for a drink and you start insulting me?

I stormed off in anger.

“Eunmi!” she called out to me. I rolled my eyes and continued walking.

“Eunmi!” she yelled out to me, but I pretended she didn’t exist. “If you don’t stop now, you’ll regret it!”

I hesitated, my angry steps now calming down to a slow walk. “Stop now! Or the one hurt would be Heechul!”

I instantly stopped and turned around staring at her smirk. She jogged up to me, puffing. “Gosh you walk fast!”

I grabbed her shirt and placed my face really close to hers, “What were you going to do to Heechul?” I questioned her.

She kept her smile as I glared at her, our face only centimeters apart. “Let me go first” she snapped coldly, still keeping that fake smile on her face.

I released my hand and stepped back still staring at her.

She patted her shirt and pouted, “Now my shirt is all scrunched” then she looked at me and laughed.

“Stop going around in circles and tell me” I confronted as I crossed my arms.

“Ok~” she said happily as she fished an envelope out of her bag and handed to me.

I snatched it off her, and looked inside it. It was all photos of Heechul when he was young, being a playboy. I looked through all of them, slightly hurt and boiling with anger. Then I saw the last few ones, it was me and him. Us going to Super Junior’s dorm, in Heechul’s car, even in my apartment on my bed, and at restaurants. I looked up at her, still with my shocked expression. She started giggling, “Your eyes are really funny!”

I ignored her stupid comment, “You knew!” I gasped. “You knew we were dating all along!”

Her smile disappeared, “Yeah I did, and you should do as I say, or the press might accidentally get a hold of these” she sang as her lips turned into a smirk.

I was shaking, I don’t know if it was fear or anger. I swallowed a big gulp of saliva, “What do you want?”

She smiled brightly at me, walking closer and closer until her nose touched mine, “Break up with him”