♥ Laughing [Personal Rec]

[On Glory's Edge] The Archives
PERSONAL REC
Laughing
by Aifei-by-the-Sea
 
Featuring: EXO
Type: Oneshot
Status: Complete
Genre: Angst, Dark, Depression, Comfort
Main Characters: Jongdae, Minseok
Main Pairings: XiuChen 
Rated: None
Warnings: None
DESCRIPTION

Jongdae falls hopessly in love too much. Even though Jongdae is always laughing his insides don't feel like laughing at all. 

RECOMMENDED BY XODARKMISTOX
 
Reason for Recommendation

This is a fic, that is a beautiful paradox. I really really love it. It's something that a lot of people can relate to as sometimes when we laugh, the air we laugh is empty and we feel like we're choking to death instead of laughing.

The tempo and rhythm of the work is absolutely oustanding and I find it hauntingly addicting. Jongdae's descriptions that are so dark but said so nonchalantly are beautifully written. It's a work that seems so simple but hits quite hard. When reading this, you read it all. You wait a bit. Then it all hits you. Then you start crying and then you reread it and start sobbing because it is just that good. 

I found this quite a long time ago, long before I started at this shop, but one night I looked through my...very filled subscriptions page, I found it again. I hadn't read XiuChen in ages. Turns out I was in for crying and suffocating in a mountain of tissues. 
 

Suitable For

This story is for everyone but not everyone at the same time. It takes a person who's looking for something to find what this story has. People who enjoy fluffy stories will enjoy this to a point. 

Angst lovers like myself will love it to absolute bits. It's beautifully written and the plotline is wonderful. The flow is perfect and how Jongdae talks about his previous lovers is oustanding.

For some it may seem boring. For some it may seem done, but to me it's something special. Laughing. It's something we do a lot, but how many times is it actually real? That's what I took from reading this.

Hope you can enjoy the beauty of this story as much as I did.

 

 

EXCERPT

Jongdae's always laughing. He goes to work in the morning, laughing and making jokes. He goes to lunch laughing, he goes to the bar after work laughing and drinking with friends. He laughs with the people on the bus ride home. He greets the door lady laughing. But then for some reason Jongdae can't quite explain, he's in house and he's not laughing.