♥ Through The Crown Of The Sakura Tree [Personal Rec]

[On Glory's Edge] The Archives
PERSONAL REC
Through The Crown Of The Sakura Tree
by hikaru_delsogno
 
Featuring: TVXQ/JYJ
Type: Chaptered (59)
Status: Complete
Genre: Angst, Psychological, Romance
Main Characters: Changmin, Junsu
Main Pairings: MinSu
Rated: Some chapters
Warnings: Heavy psychology
DESCRIPTION
Junsu was a Music major, and Changmin a Psychology and Arquitecture double major at the same University, but their ways had never crossed.
RECOMMENDED BY NAJAERI
 
Reason for Recommendation

I've read lots of fanfics over the years, but I had never encountered something like this in my entire life. Not everybody is born to love, and not everybody can love in the way they loved each other. That's a truth of life. The history is actually not that original, but the way the feelings are expressed, the way Changmin plays with people and the way that Junsu gives up everything to be the best on his field, is something we can see each day of our lives, we just aren't aware of it.  Also, you can identify with any of the characters, because sometimes we are willing to let go of everything, even love, just to achieve something imposible. Something that isn't in our hands but we are masochists and we try our very best to have it in front of our eyes. The most important thing that I want everybody to know is that in order to love someone, you have to give up something in return, and we aren't always prepared for that. This is truly one of those hidden masterpieces, and I suggest everybody to give this gem a chance.

Suitable For

This is not suitable for all readers. You have to like psychology or at least have the curiosity of how the human mind works in order to understand the story and its characters. Also, if you cannot handle a sad ending, don't click it. This fanfic allows us a glimpse of life at its fullest, as not everything can end the way we want to. This is a reality of life expressed in magic words. Because no matter what you do, you can't reach it; simple and clear. Sometimes love is not enough for it.

Other thing is that classical music is a must here, so if you aren't interested or you don't enjoy great musicians like Chopin, Beethoven and so on, this is not suitable for you.

In conclusion, IIf you are clearly looking for a fluff-romance-cliché story this will definitely not going to be to your liking.

 

 

 

EXCERPT
Changmin might look like a nerd, surrounded by drawings and books most of the time, but he was actually very perceptive relationship-wise. The proof? Psych was one of his majors, and he himself was a charmer. People might not realize it, because he did not go out and flirt like Yoochun. What he did: he manipulated people into thinking they were the ones chasing after him. And it was always devastatingly effect. It was after all an essential skill for him; to know how to charm and use people (in general, not only girls), because soon he would inherit the leadership of a giant corporation.
So, of course, Changmin did not miss out the looks Junsu sent him, or the rather different way Junsu treated him. Well, not that he had seen Junsu around other people much to be 100 percent sure he got the special treatment, but one thing for sure: Junsu never agreed to perform anywhere outside competitions and concerts, yet he had said yes to Changmin's request quite easily. In short, Changmin could see through Junsu's sarcastic words and cold façade. And he realized the possibility that Junsu was perhaps falling in love with him.
There had been man, along with women, who fell in love with Changmin in the past. So if Junsu was falling for him too, that wouldn't surprise Changmin too much. Normally he wouldn't mind- Junsu is interesting, and Changmin could ask Junsu to do him favors.
But somehow, this time the possibility that Junsu might have fallen for him made Changmin feel uncomfortable.