★ At the TS Office [89.2%]

[On Glory's Edge] The Archives
FICTION BIO
At the TS Office
by Hyopuu
 
Featuring: Secret and BAP
Type: Chaptered
Genre: Comedy, Crack, Friendship, Romance, Slice of Life
Main Characters: Secret and BAP members
Status: Ongoing (reviewed with 7)
Rated: None
Warnings: Cussing, ual Jokes
 
DESCRIPTION
Daehyun is the newly hired employee at the small accounting firm TS LLP with a total of 10 employees. He meets the cool and charismatic director Yongguk; Jieun, the shy receptionist; Youngjae, the strict and grumpy supervisor; the flirtatious senior accountant Himchan; Hyosung who's the main victim of Himchan; the dumb 'Yes Man', Jongup; fashionista Sunhwa; fangirl Hana and the idiot intern Junhong whom almost everyone hates.
EXCERPT

Himchan steps back, "What is that-"

She presses it again. [Warning! Warning! Bull alert!]

"Is that what I think it is-"

[That was bull!]

Just before Hyosung tried to press it again, Himchan puts his hands up in defeat and retreats back to his own cubicle.

"Okay, okay... I'll stop. I didn't know you had something like that..."

Story Review by ZeroPrincesses (257/300 - 89.2%)

Note: I only read the first seven chapters because I'm not avid reader of comedy but I won't let that come between giving my honest opinion on the story. 

Title (19/20)

(At the TS Office) In terms of length, grammar, and capitalization, the title is fine. Actually, I quite like your title because it's so simple. I would click on it, if I was a comedy fan. It is the place where many everything happen so this title goes well with the story as well. It's unique, attractive and creative. I can assure you - without searching the title up - that this is a title that none of the other users have.

Your title doesn't have deeper meaning but that isn't your fault, the story itself isn't really meaningful. I mean, you didn't write it because you want to set a sample or for a meaningful reason. You wrote this for the mere fact that you love writing.

However, after reading your title, I can't tell your story is comedy based but that isn't major. I usually take four marks off for something odd or faulty. However, I took one mark off because this fault isn't big and I don't feel as though there is any need of conveying the theme through the title. 

Foreword and Description (35/40)

Firstly, I just adore this line - Daehyun thinks that everyone he's going to work with is an idiot. But everyone else in the company thinks the same thing. I have no idea what the reason is but this line made me laugh.

However, it just didn't capture my attention. A description is supposed to provide an intro/ a hook and I just didn't feel hooked when I read yours. It was a neat summary and there isn't anything wrong with it but for me, it just didn't do it.

 

There isn't anything wrong with your foreword. I like the character banner, it's nice and funny. You neatly credited everyone in an appropriate size. I would have preferred if you wrote something about what inspired you to write a fiction like this. However, it's your story and your choice so I'm not marking you down for that.

Based on ability to capture attention and ability of description to give a concise summary of story without revealing too much detail. It is suggested that the reviewer review this section without reading the actual story first to more correctly replicate the effect on an actual reader. 

Readability (28/40)

Your grammar isn't so bad. There were a few times where you left out the comma in front of the word 'which' but other times you used a comma so it might have been a careless mistake. In addition, you overly used ellipsis, which were not necessary in some places.

For example: ...So many things. So many things...

Explanation: There is no need for the use of ellipsis at the start. Maybe his thought was trailing away at the end not at the beginning, though.

There wasn't anything wrong with your spelling.There was a few but there were so minor, and I could tell if you proofread your work, you'll be able to spot them. However, if you need help, just PM me and I will point a few out for you.

 

The presentation of your actual story, on the other hand, has minor problems that stuck out.  Firstly, the use of all capitals. In general, this is viewed as amateurish and should be avoided in most cases. There are other ways to express an extremely loud volume, such as through description.

Another issue is that you used the numeral form for numbers. The standard rule is that you should write numbers out in words if they are under 100. Usually, in prose, all numbers will be written out in words unless they are not rounded to the nearest ten, hundred, etc., such as 567,891. It would be a pain and a waste of space to write out “five hundred sixty seven thousand eight hundred ninety-one,” but instead of “10,000,000,” you could just put “ten million,” and that would be fine. (Sorry, I copied and pasted this from my last review because that person had a similar problem.)

Characterization (40/50)

None of these people are Mary Sues, which is just amazing. I am so happy you didn't make them into stereotyped people like these fanfictions, I have been reading lately. First impressions were good.

You captured Daehyun's natural essence, which was impressive. To be honest, we have no idea what idols are really like but judging from reality shows, I think Daehyun's natural self was reflected. The prank he fell for due to this love of cheesecake was funny. I loved reading that part. Then his reaction to seemed so real and normal, which made it more funny.

I enjoyed reading Yongguk's problems over his love for Jieun. It made him seem so human. After reading his tough act in the office, I was thinking 'wow, so typical' but then I got to that part and I just let out a sigh of relief. I'm glad you crumbled his tough look because everyone show him as a muscled bully when he is just so soft from within.

Youngjae was too imperfect, which was perfect. He isn't just a handsome boy in an office filled with idiots. He is a grumpy, shouting idiot. I hope you make his image crumble as well. I saw the Daejae tag so I hope you maintain the pace in which you maintain their development of relationship.

Zelo's character was just so cute. He is only eighteen and still does homework. They way he tortures Youngjae and the others are laughable.

The others are good as well. The characterization was so perfect because they all had enough flaws. I just realized I only reviewed boys, which is evil of me. The girls were good as well. I liked Hana's character because of her love. She isn't normal but who is?

However, Jieun seemed a little perfect? I didn't read any flaws on her, though. She is one of those typical girls who don't drink and remain quiet. In addition, the CEO is a little creepy. He doesn't appear at all. What is an office without the head? What is a school without a headteacher? How does she/he watch him? 

Originality (30/30)

I haven't read much romance because I'm an angst reader. However, out of the ones I have read I never came across a wild office. Therefore, it's quite unique. In addition, your characters are unique as well. I can't find any fault due to the mere fact that I haven't been reading comedy. Therefore, I'm extremely sorry. On the other hand, I'm most definitely sure that many other comedy readers haven't come across a story like yours. 

Plotline (75/90)

To be honest, I don't take jokes. Yes, I'm a dull person who reads sad, depressing stories with no jokes (whatsoever). Despite the fact that I did not understand the ual jokes, I did laugh most of the times. That is actually a big accomplishment. (What is Jang Junior supposed to mean? Even though I'm at an age where I should understand, I don't because I chose not to. Sorry)

I'm not sure what the main plot is, though. It's still unclear where the story is heading towards because all I'm reading at the moment is comedy, pure comedy. I do not know if that is the only thing you are aiming for. What is the dilemma? 

Structure / Mechanics (25/30)

Your chapters were really long. However, I don't think that is a problem because your readers seem to enjoy every bit of it. I would have preferred it if it was broken down a little more (mine, though, lie between a thousand or two) but I can't tell you to change the length now because that will interfere with the flow.

The use of swear words seriously put me in an awkward position. I swear but not as much as those people one your fiction. On the bright side, it made them look human and normal.  The idols might swear in real life, we never know.

I liked your writing style. It suited the comedy concept, in my opinion. The detail you used was enough to make me imagine the scene. 

Bonus (+5)

Your poster was just amazing. It was simple, which I liked. Your banner was nice as well. I usually don't like banners but yours wasn't so bad. The layout of the story overall was well done. The writing style was really good as well. In addition, the characters were excellently created.

Reader's View

Well, like I said for the hundredth of times, I'm not an avid reader of comedy so I can't really give my views on this. I have to say though, the comedy was conveyed well.

Additional Comments / Final Score (257/300 - 82.9%)

I would just like to apologize because I couldn't give you a detailed full review. Due to my biased reading genres and sad life, I do not tend to read comedy. I hope you get a better review done by a much better person in the future. Thank you for your patient wait.

Keep smiling and stay blessed xD!

Credit
Don't forget to credit back to our shop, link required!