♥ Saturation [Review Rec]

[On Glory's Edge] The Archives
REVIEW REC 97
Saturation
by shawolistic
 
Featuring: EXO
Type: Chaptered (3)
Status: Complete
Genre: Slice of Life, Romance, Friendship
Main Characters: Lay, Kris
Main Pairings: Kray
Rated: None
Warnings: None

review found here
DESCRIPTION
“Life? Life is like a kaleidoscope! Turn it any way and a volley of colours will always greet you or life could also be a discotheque. A game of hide and seek amongst shadows and shimmering lights; a thumping dance set to the rhythmic pattern of the heart.”

It was that one night and then several nights over when Yixing kept on searching for that iridescent spectrum of light.
RECOMMENDED BY FLAMZFOX
 
Reason for Recommendation

I've never read something quite like Saturation before. This story has a perfect blend of language, description, character, and plot that will make you sink within the world it depicts and never want to come out. Furthermore the deeper concept and underlying theme of this fanfiction makes it step out of the realm of simplistic writing. There is a meaning within this story for everyone and for those that read it, something within their heart is bound to be influenced and changed.

A story with multiple layers of depth and emotion the reading of this fanfiction is bound to change your perception of what fanfiction can entail. As the story takes the reader through a journey of discovery self and finding acceptance within each individual heart readers are bound to fall in love with the beauty of a story that can only be classified as art as beautiful as the masterpieces depicted in the story itself.

A must read for all.

Suitable For

This work of art is not suitable for all readers. To be able to fully appreciate the beauty of this story one first needs to have a substantial English vocabulary or be prepared to spend much time looking up words in a dictionary. That being said this is not a story I recommended to those who have English as a second language. The author's linguistic style is at a level where it can be considered similar to an American Classic (ex: Tale of Two Cities, Scarlet Letter) and would thus be a pain to read to those unfamiliar with the workings of the English language.

Second, this story is not for someone looking for a fluffy romantic tale. Saturation is a piece of work that explores the deeper issues in the human mind and the realization of the self and thus is not a story that serves merely to entertain. This story should be read by someone with an open, thinking mind who is willing to dedicate themselves to analyzing the symbols and motifs the story features.

In conclusion, this story can only be truly enjoyed by those who have an appreciation for the beauty of language and description.

EXCERPT
Suho smiled at the excitement surrounding each of the paintings. They deserved it; each of them deserved the applause, the excitement and the adulation. The exhibit appreciated at the moment was the one which was supposed to be the artist’s masterpiece considering how he had spent three labourious years over it trying again and again to not only reflect the reality of the moment but to reflect the reality of several such moments and he had achieved that. After a period of artistic sullenness, something had happened which had made Yixing not see emotions but feel them and inculcated in him a talent of giving a tangible form to the same.

However, the masterpiece, the chef d’oeuvre was the glittering, almost overpowering spectrum of light at the centre of the gallery christened “The Tree of Life”. A stark almost unimaginable contrast from his trademark style, this painting was a detailed capture of the abstraction of life or so most people buzzing around it agreed. But Suho knew that this painting was the final blending between the abstractions and the realities of life. It defined that paper-thin boundary between fiction and reality, between rationality and emotionality, that icy rim between two extremities; it was Life.