★ What Makes a Rock Star [84]

[On Glory's Edge] The Archives
FICTION BIO
What Makes a Rock Star
by leahsarahdelossantos
 
Featuring: SNSD
Type: Chaptered
Genre: Romance
Main Characters: SNSD Members
Status: Ongoing (reviewed with 18)
Rated: None
Warnings: Genderbender, Mild ual Scene (2)
DESCRIPTION

Some people have this ignorant belief that success in life will automatically bring you happiness.

May it be fame, money, women, influence or power; the point is we tend define happiness by the concept of ‘having’ when we should be finding its true meaning in the concept of ‘being’.

They did say success is never a success without ‘living’, didn’t they?

EXCERPT
I am Kwon Yuri, Korea’s hottest rock star…
 
…And I’m here to tell you how a peculiar event and this nasty super cold chick
 
…have taught me how…
 
…to live, to love and to sing a song that speaks your heart.
Story Review by Stephy0823 (84/100)
Title (5/5)
I actually really liked this title! For some reason, as soon as I saw it I was excited; I think the title opened a lot of room for you to go really deep with Yuri's character. It wasn't excessive with extra symbols, and it wasn't a mouth full so that was good, it fit perfectly for the story as well, and If I was scrolling down the tags I would definitely click it. 
Foreword and Description (7/10)
Your description was a little lacking unfortunately. I thought that it was a little awkward to read before of the way that you wrote it. You had a lot of periods which broke a lot of the wording up in awkward places, which put me off slightly. You also had quite a lot of spelling errors but I'll get to that later. However, I really liked the part in your description that you put before the gif, and I also loved the foreword! 
Originality (8/10)
I actually thought this story was pretty original. I have read a few stories on here centered on the 'Rockstar' life, but you went further than that and I really admired how different your fic actually was compared to others. The romance also wasn't cliché to me which was great! The two met, in a pretty odd way, and I was actually impressed with the progression they had throughout their relationship, and I'm happy that they didn't just fall in love in some typical, overwritten way. 
Characterization (9/10)
I had a slight problem with the character though. While I am a fairly large fan of SNSD I had issues keeping track of who was male or female, and who was who. You tended to change gender sometimes on accident (Saying 'she said' when in fact a male had said it kind of thing) so it caught me up a little, but aside from that I really liked your characters personalities. I loved how each one was clear from the other in their traits, because while there were many people you could still tell who was who from their actions. 
Readability (10/15)
Unfortunately, the readability was slightly lacking in this fic. You had quite a lot of spelling issues, and it was really distracting. Most of them are easy fixes, and they honestly weren't that bothering, but they were just so frequent that I honestly found it a little hard to read. You would often repeat words, or just put the wrong one in completely and you would also change tenses often. However, I notice you have begun editing, and most of the mistakes I noticed in chapter one you fixed, so I think that once you're done editing your readability will be much better!
Plotline (18/20)
I actually really liked your plotline, and found nearly nothing wrong with it. It was funny, and I think it's really cute! I often got emotional, you have my heart clenching with all this back and forth between Yuri and Jessica! I love how Yuri and Jessica bicker constantly, and I am really happy with the progression, though I just wish they would fall in love already~!
Flow and Organization (9/10)
I think the flow is perfect, you don't rush anything, and they aren't any awkward transitions between scenes/chapters. There were no parts where I was confused with what had happened, and I never felt the read to re-read an event because I was unsure. You don't overdo anything to where I just want to scroll past it which is great!(Because I honestly tend to do that often ;;^^;;). Everything was linked well together and I honestly have no complaints.
Overall Enjoyment (18/20)
I actually really enjoyed this fic! Thought the title and foreword drew me in, I was a little unsure with the description, but the further in I got the more excited I got! I love the relationships everyone has and I'm excited to see how their relationship develops foreword, and I can't wait for them to finally realize how much they like the other~!
Additional Comments / Final Score (/100)
I have subscribed, and I honestly would have upvoted if the spelling was a little better, however I will most definitely eagerly upvote your fic now since I can tell you are trying to fix it. All I want is for you to get better and you are <3 ^^. I love your plot, so keep writting and I'll keep happily reading!
Credit
Don't forget to credit back to our shop, link required!