♥ Count On Me [Personal Rec]

[On Glory's Edge] The Archives
PERSONAL REC
Count On Me
by masaruchi
 
Featuring: B.A.P
Type: Oneshot
Status: Complete
Genre: Angst
Main Characters: Daehyun, Youngjae
Main Pairings: Daejae
Rated: None
Warnings: None
DESCRIPTION
Daehyun needed to let Youngjae know that he could count on him to be there. No matter what.
RECOMMENDED BY XODARKMISTOX
 
Reason for Recommendation
This story makes you feel angry and sad and upset, all at the same time. Talk about a triple hit. This story makes you really understand Youngjae and Daehyun's circumstances.While this sort of story isn't that original, the writing makes up for it. The memories of Youngjae make us really understand Daehyun's feelings and sadness. They go through their childhood and teenaged years and you really undersatnd how Youngjae goes about not getting too close to Daehyun. You get to know the characters, understand them, and then your heart gets torn out when things get ugly and your feelings get messed with. Surely, a good find and I always go to reread this, even though I get the same reaction every time, it still makes me feel something.
Suitable For
This kind of story is something that makes you grieve along with the character. We haven't really experienced what Daehyun has been through, but we understand it. The story goes through their lives as friends and then they become something more; you just follow along.

But Youngjae still distances himself because of his life and Daehyun knows that Youngjae is stubborn but can't do anything about it. As reader, I  wanted to just jump into that universe and fix everything. Counting on someone in real life when your life is messy is tough and I completely understand Youngjae. This is why this story is suitable for those who are looking for something to really relate to, but also get a good story out of.
EXCERPT
Youngjae was stubborn. Really, he was. And to be honest, it bothered Daehyun.

Actually, Daehyun didn't mind if the other was stubborn about losing against him during video games, or about the right answers to the physics test, or even what food to eat. No, those he didn't mind. 'Cause being stubborn is what Youngjae did and well, after being best friends for six years now, Daehyun was used to it. He was Jung Daehyun, after all. And Jung Daehyun got used to everything eventually. It was only a matter of time.

What he couldn't stand was that even after six years, Daehyun was never the person Youngjae came to when he felt like after crying his eyes out. No, it was never Daehyun and never anyone. It bothered Daehyun that Youngjae never shared his problems with him, even though he knew about what the other was going through. He was always too stubborn to let out his feelings, and Daehyun didn't know why. He didn't know why the person he loved was so afraid of giving his trusting him.

People fell. Daehyun knew that. It was always a matter of time before humans broke down and crumbled. But even though they broke at some point, aren't friends supposed to be the ones who glued them back together?

Well, whatever the reason, Daehyun needed to let Youngjae know that he could count on him to be there. No matter what.

Because really, it was only a matter of time before Youngjae broke in Daehyun's arms.