★ Photographic Memory [94%]

[On Glory's Edge] The Archives
FICTION BIO
Photographic Memory
by infinite_k_pop
 
Featuring: EXO
Type: Oneshot
Genre: Angst, Fluff, Romance
Main Characters: Sehun, Kai, Luhan
Status: Complete
Rated: None
Warnings: None
 
DESCRIPTION
Sehun has always had a secret love towards a higher ranking co-worker, and is just about near the breaking point to keeping it in. Torn between confessing and just dropping the entire affair the young photographer encounters an old lady and her wise words, words of loyalty and a dead love, yet it hits Sehun right in the heart. After listening to the woman his life decided that some things need to be pushed up front and reveal the jewels of freedom he had barred himself from, and from there his mind and heart find a new light to focus on.
EXCERPT
In everybody’s life nobody can avoid the inevitable rain storms of misfortune and pain, not one soul is ever free from the things we can’t control. Abuse, drugs, death; they appear out of nowhere and take us by surprise, and nobody can deny that nor the fact that going with the flow is simple what everyone must do. In the event of such casualties there are three common ways us as human beings go about with it: one, fix it and make things favorable for you, two, deal with it and continue living in such a way, and three, forgive and forget. Of course, we will always try to find the best solution needed to solve our issues as quickly as possible; but what happens when you become stuck in the rode with nowhere to go, nowhere to turn.
Story Review by Stephy0823 (282/300 - 94%)

I want to apologize for this review taking so long! I also have't had the chance to read over this so I'm sorry if something doesn't make sense~ 

Title (19/20)

Though this title isn't 'original' I am just totally in love with it. This title fit so perfectly for the story I just...I want to bawl at the thought of it. I can't even express in words how well it fits, which is really something hard to accomplish. Aesthetically it's great, which is a plus, it's not long, and its just...it's just perfect. I only took off the point just due to the fact, that it has been used before. 
Foreword and Description (36/40)
I'll be honest, I had to read the description twice. I think your font overall is a little small, and it was so lengthy that I got a little lost midway. But after reading it the second time over, I must say I was impressed. I really liked it, and upon further reading into the story, I think it touched what it needed to. I was interested in reading, and I was excited for the story, so, overall job well done! 
Though I was a little disappointed with the lack of a forward, I thought the length of the description made up for that.
Readability (38/40)
Your grammar was just out of this world. Oh my gosh I was so happy about it. I literally only found one error, which was so minimal that I barely noticed it. 
Sehun and blinked and realize maybe he should grovel before this boy; he did after all, nearly release all his tensions and stress that could’ve possibly killed him.
I don't know if the extra and at the beginning was intentional or not...but that's the only this I found.
Overall I was so happy with your grammar and your spelling, I was impressed to say the least.
Characterization (48/50)
Okay, now lets get into the juicy stuff.
I honestly loved Sehun's character. He seemed so intellectual, and he was so deep. In the beginning he felt a little boring, but I honestly got so lost in his thoughts. whenever he would think about photography and what it really meant for him, and how it was truly one of the only things he purely enjoyed I just couldn't help but feel something for him. Despite his slight lack of a personality in the beginning, I almost felt like narrating his voice in some sort of philosophically complex voice. I would imagine it monotone, but still full of depth. But when he got to the OXE office, very clever by the way I honestly chuckled when I read it, he suddenly came to life. His personality around Jongin really blossomed. He became more cheerful, and his mood became lighter, almost as if he really needed Jongin to just stay sane. It was really a great structure for the mental attachment he held towards Jongin, despite the rejection he later faces. And the optimism he has once he is rejected is just beautiful honestly, the fact that he can get past the thought of the man he's madly in love with being with another man was just great. Even though he later breaks down. And I was so giddy when he met Luhan. It was actually my favorite scene, beside the breakdown he has towards the end. They just fit so well that it was perfect. The was Sehun was just like "hey what have we got to loose, lets just go for it!" I just ds;j;dfsjbvd. I really love the line you chose for that part though, when he said "I'm not afraid if you aren't"...It honestly fit so well. Ahhh! I just can't help but gush over this story! When he broke down towards the end and started crying screaming that he hated Luhan, I actually cried as well. The emotion was just displayed so well, and it was so believable. I could actually see it in my mind, his voice crying as he spewed out all those words. Give me chills really.  
Despite Jongins lack in lines, his character was really portrayed well. He and Sehun really seemed like great friends. they seemed so comfortable with each other, even ignoring the whole, "Hey man I'm gay for you~!" bit Jongin managed to do the whole "lets stay friends" thing and it actually worked. They weren't awkward with one another, and their relationship didn't fray, which I was so happy for because they were honestly adorable together. Jongin's cheery personality really built for a beautiful friendship between the two. 
when the older lady came in I wasn't really excited honestly. I thought it was going to be like one of those granny's who are all like 'Follow your dreams! If you love him fight for it!" But she really seemed awesome. the fact that she had admitted that she really considered killing her husband at one point, and that she was, regretfully, not in love with him, but stuck in this position of loyalty to the man she had pledged her life to, was a shame. I really felt for her, and wished we had been told a little more when it came to her husband. But, as soon as she started quoting her son, the last line she had said about not letting opportunities slip away was they have risen was beautiful. Though I had to read it twice to fully understand the message behind it, I thought it was great. And I knew I had fallen in love with her son at that point. xD
Luhan was just such a pure soul. He was so skiddish and embarrassed when he confessed, and he was just so perfect for sehun >_<. They were really the definition of "Opposites attract" and I loved he he genuinely appreciated Sehun, while Sehun genuinely appreciated him as well. And that, despite them both being in love with someone else, they still went for it, and developed something so beautiful. In the end you could really tell that they were meant for each other, and aggghhh I just loved them all so much! >_<  
Originality (24/30)
Despite this being a one-shot and not exceedingly original, it still wasn't 'cliché'. And I honestly don't recall ever reading a fic just like this one, though I was wowed but any sort of twists, the emotional factor you put it, really helped it stand out from others. 
Plotline (82/90)
Though, as said before, your plotline wasn't entirely original, you did manage to pull me in completely. I tend to rarely do this, but I was actually reading your fic aloud. xD Which I have only done for like 20 fics before, which is less than 5% of what I have read. So, to say I was drawn in was an understatement. I was honestly in love with your story from start to finish, despite my lack of interest in Sehun at the beginning, I was still intellectually interested in the kind of person he was. There weren't many twists and turns since this was a one-shot, and was basically a fluff/romance, the ending really threw me off, in a good way. I was just amazed, and I'm sure you can tell by now, I was definitely entertained. 
Structure / Mechanics (27/30)
I thought your writing style was beautiful, the paragraphs weren't chunky, and you misspelled nothing as far as I'm aware. Your timing for everything was great, and I never felt as if anything were rushed. You're grammar was great, and I can say, honestly, that I was impressed. 
Bonus (+8)
There is honestly no way in hell I can't give you these points. Your characters were great, and everything was just so beautifully thought out and I don't even really read exo, but I can say I am truly in love right now. 
Reader's View
As a reader, I think you deserve more upvotes. For me to be the only one to have is just ridiculous! Because this is honestly one of my favorite fics right now. I wish it were a chaptered fic though 3 it's a shame it wasn't lie 100 chapters. xD 
Additional Comments / Final Score (282/300 - 94%)
I actually realized when I was finishing up reading this, that I have also read one of your other fics, which you had me review! And Honestly this one is my favorite between the two, though the other one is great as well! I think your fics are great and you should consider writing more when you have the time, because I would genuinely love to read more of your stories <3
Credit
Don't forget to credit back to our shop, link required!