★ Drip, Drip, Drop [70]

[On Glory's Edge] The Archives
FICTION BIO
Drip, Drip, Drop
by vonpika
 
Featuring: EXO
Type: Oneshot
Genre: Angst, Dark
Main Characters: Chen, OC
Status: Complete
Rated: None
Warnings: Sensitive Topics
 
DESCRIPTION
Perhaps the fine silver lining differenciating reality and falsity have never had been fine in the first place.
EXCERPT
She stood precariously on the ledge of the roof with an oddly calm demeanor. She averted her gaze slowly down to look below her, making sure to take note of her surrounding that consisted of dreary ash grey buildings coated with smog from the urban society on one side and a field of nearly dead yellow, tinted with a hint of green, grass littered with a few bereft trees who’s branches seemed to weep sadly in the wind. If all was to go according to plan, she would shortly join the field. The slight possibility of the small rustic field rejecting her for disturbing their small peaceful encompassment did unravel her nerves a bit, but what did it matter? She was already subjected to anathema by her fellow peers.
Story Review by inspiritlocksmith (70/100)
Title (2/5)

The title was quite original, but the title didn’t have any attractiveness honestly, and I wouldn’t really click on it if I saw it. Despite such, it relates to the story well but I wished you could incorporate a deeper meaning to your title.

Creating titles aren’t easy, I know that, but with your wide range of vocabulary, I’m sure you’ll be able to crack something amazing.

Foreword and Description (3/10)

Your description only had a sentence in it, and I was really disappointed. Your sentence held so much depth but you ended it there, there were no mysteries and such.

I would suggest at least three sentences, since it’s a one-shot, but the sentence revealed too little, I didn’t want to continue on the story because it seemed so empty.

I’m sure you write terrific poems, so maybe a poem description could work too.

As for the foreword, you don’t have one. I was once told by a reviewer that forewords were important, therefore you should always have a foreword! 

Originality (6/10)

There really wasn’t a storyline; it looked more like an excerpt from a story. Honestly, I would have loved it if you made this into an entire storyline. What you wrote was an impressive outline that you could blossom into a beautiful chaptered fiction.

I can’t really judge the originality, but I’ve seen stories where the endings were similar; but the plot would be good if you could expand it more.

Characterization (5/10)

Your way of describing emotions were beautiful, but I didn’t know much about the characters as I had no story to fall back on.

Readability (15/15)

No grammatical errors found. 

Plotline (10/20)

As mentioned earlier, if you made it into a story, say , the girl was depressed and her mind formed a person, Chen, to help her get through her horrible times, and at the end, Chen never existed. My heart would be absolutely wounded by the angst.

The plotline I gave you was just an example, thought out in five seconds, I just wanted to give you an example as to how your story one-shot can transform into chapters. 

Flow and Organization (9/10)

You organized the paragraphs well, and I am in love with how you describe the surroundings and also the character’s emotions. I envy your usage of words; it was perfect. Absolutely perfect. 

Overall Enjoyment (20/20)

I enjoyed the one-shot because I haven’t read something so beautifully written in a long time. Truly, it was utopian.

Additional Comments / Final Score (70/100)

Despite my praises on your vocabulary, the words seemed a bit empty at times. Why? Well, because the readers did not have a back story to relate to, we don’t know why the main character is on the verge of suicide; (aside from the non-existence of Chen), we don’t know much as it is a one-shot. So, the sadness portrayed was very graphic, but I be sad with her because I wasn’t given time to understand her.

Your one-shot was beautiful, and I thank you, for touching subjects like suicide because there’s so much fictions these days, I just wanted to read something like this. Something that’s relatable.

Sorry for any typos and I hope you take some time to write a foreword next time. They make a difference. 

Credit

Don't forget to credit back to our shop, link required!