♥ glitz [Personal Rec]

[On Glory's Edge] The Archives
PERSONAL REC
glitz
by hanadeul
 
Featuring: Kai, EXO
Type: Oneshot
Status: Complete
Genre: Angst
Main Characters: Kai
Main Pairings: None
Rated: Mature
Warnings: Drug Usage
DESCRIPTION
cause in the end it really doesn't matter who I am right?
as long as I'm rich and beautiful
I'll survive
RECOMMENDED BY XODARKMISTOX
 
Reason for Recommendation

This story just has you just searching for more, in a good way. You just want to know so so much more but this story is amazing because of how simple it is. These days a good story is something that is a plot twist after a plot tiwst, chocked full of amazing description, and pretty much mind s you.

On the other hand, this piece is simple and easy to read. It doesn't have super amazing vocabulary nor does it have a plot twist of any sort. It's classicly beautiful with the way she writes Kai's simple mental deterioation.

It's something of amazing brilliance. It doesn't try hard to make you feel. Half of the time you're numb, as if you're taking the same drugs as Kai (but obviously you aren't). And then when the end comes, after a few minutes of just blankly staring at the screen you suddenly go "Oh my god..." and then the sheer brilliance of this story kicks in.

Cue rereading and ugly fangirling.

Suitable For

This work is not for everyone. If you can't take the simplicity of it or take how everything is told not shown. That is the beauty of it, though its for a certain person to like it. It's so straightforward and such that its for the type of person who enjoys poetry or song writing. At least that it was what I would think.

This story is labeled angst however, this isn't a heavy heavy angst at first look. It's so simple that it almost doesn't fit into any category. But after reading it and suddenly the feeling of it hitting you, you realize how dark it is. It's for people who would enjoy a story that you don't have to think about, but rather escape to.

You don't need to think, just do. Your eyes will just fly across the screen and not feel anything. But somehow this story will make you feel a wave of emotion at the end.

I believe this story is suited for people who truly enjoy simple works and aren't looking for some mind boggling, but rather mind cleansing.

EXCERPT
Kyungsoo noticed how different I had been. But then I was 19.
He doesn't ask me how I am now and maybe it's because he's tired of me. I'm getting scared because if he's tired of me then maybe Junmyeon is too. And Junmyeon is never tired of anyone. But I don't blame them anyway because most of the time I'm too tired myself too.
So I lose myself. I drag my body up the stairs and into the room because I'm too heavy on most days. I lock myself in that closet and I lose the key. I don't know what happens next because I always end up in my bed anyway. Maybe because this is all a dream? And I'm bound to wake soon anyway, right?
But nothing hurts in a dream. And everything hurts right now.