Not Falling For It

Unwelcomed Pleasure

It was 7 am in the morning and the four members were at the dining table gathering as if they were having a meeting. They had coffees in their hands, throwing serious conversation first thing in the morning.

“I’m sure she’s waiting for our message.” Key said while holding his phone as he kept on looking at it. “What are we going to tell her?”

“Hmm…” Minho rubbed his chin and looked up as if he was thinking about something seriously. “Why don’t we ask her to go here and bring some foods again?” His suggestion earned a loud sigh coming from Jonghyun.

“Are you helping her or are you only asking her to feed you?” He mocked with one of his eyebrows raised as he looked at Minho. The latter shook his head, accepting that his suggestion was a fail. “Something that will make Onew hyung happy…”

“Flowers.” Taemin suggested. His hyungs looked at him funnily, but he was ready to defend his suggestion. “If girls like it when they’re given flowers, don’t you think guys will feel the same? Plus, once Onew hyung receives flowers from Jooyoung noona, for sure it will assure him that noona’s heart for him is pure!”

“So you mean Jooyoung’s gonna court Onew hyung now?” Key asked to which Taemin nodded. “Do you think she can do that?”

“Why not? If she’s willing to have Onew hyung then she should do all sorts of this and that.”

They were in the middle of talking when Onew suddenly walked in, surprising everyone and making them stopped in mid-conversation. “Oh, hyung! You surprised me!” Jonghyun said in exaggeration – as if informing everyone to stop talking about it and quickly change topic.

Onew went straight to the kitchen without even looking at them, but after like few minutes, he came back with his own mug of coffee and stood between Jonghyun and Key, looking over all the members who were sitting there.

“What’s so important to talk about in the morning, you guys?” He asked cluelessly while throwing glances at each of them. “You seem so serious.”

“Nothing… just…”

The members were obviously caught off guard. They were not prepared that Onew would appear so soon since it was still morning and whenever their schedules are free, then their hyung would sure be sleeping all day.

“Did you hear anything we talked about while you’re not here?” Taemin asked which gained a warning look from the members.

However, Onew shrugged his shoulders. “If I heard things then would I still ask you about it? Why? Are you all keeping some secrets from hyung?” He sounded disappointed as if it was always necessary from them to share anything to him as the oldest brother. Onew pouted and made a loud sigh. “You guys really are growing fast. You already talk without me around.”

“Are you going out today, hyung?” Jonghyun randomly asked.

“I don’t know but I think I just want to sleep or read books today.” Onew quickly answered, wandering his eyes around the table as if he noticed something. “It’s past 7am, aren’t you gonna make some breakfast?”

“Oh yeah. Yeah yeah.” Key immediately stood up, going to the kitchen to find something to cook, leaving everybody in their hyung’s hands.

*** *** ***

Taemin’s suggestion was probably approved by the other three hyungs because right that afternoon, there was a bouquet of flowers sent over SHINee’s dorm for Onew. And not only that, there was a box of pizza as well.

“Woah! Hyung! Is that for you?!” Taemin excitedly ran to Onew as he saw the oldest holding the box of pizza and the bouquet of flowers on his other arm. Onew looked at Taemin as his dongsaeng couldn’t hide his excitement. “I’ll help you out.”

Helping his hyung out, Taemin took the box of pizza and placed it on the table, gathering other members who were in their room.

Key, Minho and Jonghyun went out, carefully observing Onew’s facial expression who was, at that time, still unreadable. “Who is it from, hyung? A fan?”

“No.” Onew shook his head and blandly placed the bouquet of flowers on top of the table. He took one slice of pizza and left the table.

“Hyung, aren’t you taking the flowers? Won’t you even read the card?”

Onew stopped walking midway, and looked back at Jonghyun who was dumbfounded over him not falling into the trick they made Jooyoung do.

“You know what? I feel like hooking up with some girl. I should call Lee Joon hyung to give me some girl I can have some fun with tonight.” He said, taking out his phone to dial his friend’s number. However, the four guys wouldn’t just let him do that. Of course, they were rooting for just one girl for their hyung.

“Wait, hyung, I know someone.” Jonghyun immediately interrupted. “I’ll call her to know if she’s interested.” He told Onew but the older frowned and stared at him as if he was doubting something.

“Usually when I say things like this, you’ll try to stop me and go against my plans, why are you suddenly…”

“We want you to move on.” The 2nd oldest explained. “Won’t it be better if we help you instead of someone else?”

As what Jjong said, Onew’s brows knitted. “Someone else?” He repeated and sensed the jealousy Jonghyun felt upon the mentioning of Joon’s name. He sighed and eventually nodded, “Fine. Just tell me once you find the girl, okay?” Onew chuckled and walked towards his room.

“Hyung.” Minho called Jjong. “Aren’t we supposed to get Onew hyung and Jooyoung back together? Why are you going to hook him up with someone else now?”

Key and Taemin also waited for Jonghyun to answer that, but the oldest of the four just smirked and tilted his head slightly to the side as he looked at them. “Who said I’m going to hook him up with someone else?”