You Made Me SICK

Unwelcomed Pleasure

“Can you hold this for a while, Jooyoung-ah? I’ll just make some calls to the office.”

“It’s okay, oppa. Take your time.” She took the paper bag from him and carefully peeked on what were inside the bag – finding about SHINee’s phone as he collected them before the photoshoot started. Folding the upper length of the bag, she kept it well on her lap as she looked at the members doing their job and posing coolly in front of the camera.

As Jooyoung looked at them one by one, he noticed how the boys do various poses which made them standout individually. Onew would look at the camera with his sharp looking eyes and pursed lips. Jooyoung learned from long ago that Onew has the type of personality that can be flipped on its exact opposite from time to time. His wide smile with eyes disappearing forming two small crescent moons represent his bubbly, approachable, and light mood, but with his straightened face and his usual pursed lips as he looked at you from under his eyelids, then you know it purely represents his serious, authoritative, and unarguable personality. Jonghyun’s side profile has a stunning look. His jawline and neckline seemed to be so perfect and worth staring at. Key and Taemin would always look at the camera with their mysterious gazes and slightly parted lips, as if inviting and implying something you should understand. Minho has been known for having this charismatic gaze. His rounded eyes and long lashes make every of his photo irresistible to have a gaze on. He would just effortlessly look at the camera and it’s done; he’ll have a perfect shot.

Jooyoung’s observation over the boys was interrupted when she felt a vibration inside the bag. She checked it and found at that Onew’s phone was actually ringing for a call. She took it out and raised it a bit towards the boys trying to gain Onew’s attention. “Jinki-ah!” She tried calling though it sounded so soft since she didn’t want to disturb what was going on.

Luckily, Onew looked at her direction and she showed him his ringing phone. “Please answer it for me.” He mouthed to which she nodded before finally picking up the phone. Turned out it was his mother again.

“Hello, omonim, this is Son Jooyoung, SHINee’s manager. I’m sorry he couldn’t answer the phone because they are in the middle of a photoshoot.”

“Is this the same female manager I talked to before?”

“Yes, omonim.”

“Aigoo, my son really is a busy person now, don’t you think? He doesn’t even have enough time to visit us here and have a meal together. Is he getting enough rest?”

“It is true, omonim, that they really have a tight schedule and though they may be so restless during the day, they sleep well in the night to get their energies back. I feel sorry he wasn’t able to get home and eat with you.”

“I was about to ask him if he’ll go home tomorrow for his father’s birthday. His relatives are coming over, and his grandparents, too. They were expecting him to come but of course, I couldn’t promise anything unless I hear it from Jinki himself.” She sounded a bit disappointed over hearing how busy his son was. “Anyways, just tell him I called and please make sure he eats well and rests well. He doesn’t have to call me right away.” Onew’s mother said before ending the call. Jooyoung, on the other hand, felt sad about it. At least once in a while, these guys must go home to be with their families, especially if it’s on a special occasion.

Right when they took their break, Onew went to Jooyoung. “Was that a call from someone in the company?”

“Oh? It’s not. That was a call from your mother.” Jooyoung announced.

“She must have been sad when you told her I was busy doing the photoshoot.” Onew smiled a bit.

“Jinki-ah… do you want to go there tomorrow?” She whispered to Onew and he looked at her. “We can do something about it.”

“I’ve been a whiny kid lately so I’m trying to make it up with the members and the managers, but I really want to go home, though…” Onew himself felt a bit sad. “If only there’s a way.”

“There is.” Jooyoung winked at him and smiled sheepishly, as if she was about to do something. Onew turned to her curiously, thinking what she could be thinking as of that moment. He was wondering about her thoughts until the photographer resumed the photoshoot.

*** *** ***

“What’s this?” Onew frowned when Jooyoung secretly handed him something. He opened his fist slightly only to find two cloves of garlic on his palm. He bent a bit to whisper to him. “What is this? Am I supposed to cook right now?”

“When you wear your outfit, put it under your arms.” She was smiling excitedly while looking around to see if others were conscious of their conversation. Good thing everybody was busy doing their own stuff. “You’ll just need to sit and won’t really do big movements so just let them stay there for some time.”

“Are you serious?” He was dumbfounded yet she winked only at him and chuckled.

“You’ll be surprise later on. Come on, trust me. Go wear your outfit!”

Though it was weird for Onew to do that, well everyone would feel weird about putting garlic underarm, still he followed, being curious as well as to what will happen after doing that. It was uncomfortable as he was afraid it would fall off – that would be embarrassing – he wanted to laugh just by imagining others see cloves of garlic falling under his arm, so when he saw a tape, he took it, and secured the garlics with those. He was laughing at himself. It was one of the weirdest – well, really the weirdest – ideas he had encountered ever, but because it was Jooyoung who said so, so he felt the urge to comply.

Though there was a bumpy feeling under his arm the entire event, he still smiled like nothing’s wrong, until Minho, who was by his side, noticed him. “Onew hyung, is there something wrong?”

“Eh? Nothing…”

“Your ears a getting red… perhaps…” Minho made a swift motion of placing his hand on his forehead. He felt it after a while and then nodded. “Your temperature is a bit high. Aren’t you feeling heavy?”

“So that was why I was feeling hot and heavy all throughout this time…” Wow. I didn’t know this is how it worked. “I’m fine. Let’s just end this show and then leave.” He told Minho, then faced the stage again, while squeezing the cloves harder into his armpits