Saving the Day

Unwelcomed Pleasure

As Jooyoung placed her things on the table, she sighed. It was obvious Onew didn’t want to see her, and maybe he was surprised. It was her fault though, she thought. It would have been nicer to give notice before going in and barging in to someone else’s house.

Maybe I assumed too much that he would be happy to see me. She sat helplessly, thinking about the expression Onew made as soon as she appeared from the kitchen. She couldn’t figure out if he was happy or what, and when he said he wanted to eat noodles instead, she knew then that he was avoiding her. Jooyoung knew very well that Onew always liked heavy meal during breakfast. And just like Minho, he was a really heavy eater, too. That was why she bought the food he liked on purpose, hoping he would enjoy them, and he’ll start feeling less disappointed towards her.

But then she thought she only got everything messier. Jooyoung believed going there didn’t help at all. She only made SHINee’s atmosphere cold, losing their leader’s mood and his hype for the day.

“Jooyoung-ah? I redirect a call to you.” The department head peeked at her table and called her attention. “It’s from SHINee’s manager.”

“Yes.” She said and eased her mind a bit before getting the call. It was actually a call coming from the oldest of the managers whom she called oppa during her stay with SHINee. “Oh, oppa. What can I do for you?”

“Jooyoung-ssi? Ah, we have a problem over here.” The manager said right away. “Were you informed about this magazine photoshoot with Shin Sekyung? Vogue.”

“Oh yes, SHINee’s gonna be featured for the next month issue but I believe…” She immediately went to her files to see that certain schedule from that day. “It’s going to be with Park Shinhye and not with Shin Sekyung.”

“Apparently, they changed it. Do you have any idea about the change of endorser?”

“I don’t have any…” Jooyoung quickly processed in her mind the information and past scandals SHINee had trying to recall what it was with Shin Sekyung. She snapped her fingers when she recalled what the issue was.

Allegedly, she was Jonghyun’s ex girlfriend, but although there were confirmation from both sides, there was never a follow up so fans thought it was either a cover up of some bigger scandals, or just a media play, publicity stunt or whatever you wanna call that.

“You know this won’t work.” The manager told her. “Can you come here and talk to the management? I tried but they kept on insisting that we had an agreement, and that it was already announced.”

“Okay. I’ll take care of that.” Jooyoung ended the call. Before she left, she sought some advice from the department head as to how to handle the situation. It would be her first.

Arriving at the location, Jooyoung then just realized she would have to see Onew again. The manager said they were just about to start the shooting, until Shin Sekyung arrived and everybody wondered why. It created a weird and awkward atmosphere, especially between artists, so the managers and their staff had to postpone the shoot and as much as they could, want to just cancel it.

“It’s either you change the other artist or we leave.” Jooyoung heard the strong remark coming from the manager as she walked closer to them. She surveyed the location and found the group on the other part of the large room being attended by the stylists and the makeup artists. Their backs were facing the entrance so they were not aware of her arrival.

“Your group might be popular and in demand but Shin Sekyung isn’t a joke, either, to be set aside like this.” The one the manager was conversing with talked in a louder tone. It was obvious that they were trying to beat each other now using their way of talking.

“Ah, excuse me.” Jooyoung immediately entered the conversation – as if trying to save the situation. “Hi, sir, I am Son Jooyoung, SHINee’s PR from SM Communication Department. I believe we have some misunderstanding here, can I talk to you for a while?” She introduced herself with a genuine smile. The man looked at her and she smiled even wider.

“This way.” He told her and she nodded. The man left first so Jooyoung turned to the manager and patted his arms lightly.

“I’ll take care of this, oppa, please calm down.” She reminded and the manager eventually nodded. “I’ll just be there for a while and I’ll tell you what happen later.” After telling him, she rushed to follow the man who seemed like the producer of the shoot.

The manager decided to go to the members, still with his pissed off expression.

“Hyung, what happened?” Minho asked. It was usually Jjong’s habit to ask about any problem, but because he was somehow the problem, he didn’t try speaking up and just remained silent.

“I don’t know. Let’s wait for Jooyoung.”

With that name being heard, Onew made an automatic turn to their manager, but he wasn’t able to ask anything. He was rather shocked that Jooyoung was there.

“She’s arriving?” Key asked.

“She’s there talking with the PD.” The manager said and sat at his chair still pissed off.

Meanwhile, the conversation between Jooyoung and the PD went unusually smooth. There was an agreement made between the two of them and it would surely benefit SHINee more.

“She’s there…” Taemin said when he looked on his back and saw Jooyoung smiling with the PD. “She could smile together with that PD-nim? He’s one of the worst PDs I’ve ever encountered but how could she?”

They watched as Jooyoung and the PD went closer to them.

“I am sorry for how I acted a while ago.” The PD surprisingly turned to the manager and shook his hand. “I was just afraid the photoshoot with SHINee will be postponed and to be honest, I really don’t want to lose them.” He said and looked at the members. “Please be patient with us for a while. We’ll move Shin Se Kyung’s photoshoot on few months from now since we don’t want it to follow your month, too. Her manager agreed saying there’s another magazine who’s taking her for the next month’s cover so they’ll just go for that for a while.”

“Oh…” SHINee’s manager was speechless. He was literally not prepared of the sudden change of the PD’s mood and personality.

“I didn’t know Son Jooyoung ssi rushed from the company to be here just to clear this. I’m sorry I’ve created such a misunderstanding.” He said and looked at Jooyoung. “Do you mind me getting you anything just to cover up my fault? I’m embarrassed.” The PD chuckled and Jooyoung smiled back.