Childish move to meet you

Unwelcomed Pleasure

Onew was having series of sleepless nights and he was refusing to believe the certain one and only possible reason why he was feeling restless. He kept on flipping from side to side and even covering his head with a pillow to sleep, but none of them helped him. He was literally not sleepy at all.

He sat down and finally gave in. For quite a while, he had been fighting the urge to think about her, and to consider her as the reason why he was being like this. He told himself to move on, to think that Jooyoung was just a random girl that became a part of his life for a while, and she was never there to stay for long. He knew he should get over her, but his stubborn mind kept on picturing images of her, and that was making him frustrated.

Just the other day, he saw her walking out of the company with Taemin. She looked as beautiful and her innocent yet dangerous beauty had had him captive yet again. Actually, he didn’t know if leaving the house in pajamas was a blessing disguise or not. He thought it was awkward to see her again, considering the fact that the last time he saw her was at that night when he confessed everything – something that he had done only once on his life – and that was during that moment.

To cut everything short, Onew was a guy in current state of depression and confusion, while he badly missed the girl he wanted to forget. And though his mind was always in set to stop thinking about her, in the end, he’ll do all sorts of weird and childish behavior just to get closer, and going out to drive Taemin to the company was one of the weird things he had already done.

Funny enough, Onew fell asleep as he started to admit he missed her and was thinking about her so much.

The next morning, he woke up around 7am and there was no one else at home. He looked at the date. It was the 17th of the month and it was the day when the other members had their own schedule except him. They were out early, and he was the only one left at home to take care of himself.

Lazily, he stood up and went to the kitchen, but was disappointed to find no meal prepared at least for him. He was shaking his head as he went to the fridge only again to find that there was nothing available for breakfast.

He was already starving, and the only way to get through that was to take a quick drive to the nearest fastfood to fill his angered tummy.

At that moment, he ensured to wear comfortable but presentable clothes. Something he was okay to have his photos taken with that outfit. He went out with a pair of navy blue pants and a white three fourth shirt. He also brought a cap for it would be better to at least try concealing his identity for the better.

Parking his car and going out to go the fastfood, he suddenly felt the joy of being alone and free without having anyone care about him. No one had noticed him so far, and he was very cool with that. He made his order and the attendant must have recognized him, but she pretended not to know and attended to his orders like he was just any other customer. He smiled and said thanks to the attendant to which the girl softly whispered “I’m your fan” with a soft giggle. He nodded and smiled again before leaving. It was precious to find a fan who doesn’t scream and gets in panic when she sees her idol. The girl was contained and calm and didn’t even ask to get his autograph after, which in turn made him feel like he’s an ordinary guy.

When regular guys wished to be extraordinary people, Onew on the other side would like to experience being the normal boy he was, too bad… it was always close to impossible.

He made sure to occupy a table a bit far from where the people kept on going back and forth. As he ate his meal silently, someone approached him. “Sunbae?”

He looked up, and was puzzled at first, trying to remember the girl’s face. It took a while before she finally registered into his memory. “Han Jungmi?”

“Wow. It’s a relief that you still remember me. I just went over to greet you. How are you doing sunbae?”

A series of thoughts came into Onew’s mind, and without buckling, he smiled widely and gestured her the seat opposite to him. “Hey, hey, Jungmi, you should sit down for a minute. It’s been a while. How are you and your oppa?”

Han Jungmi was his junior on the school where he used to attend highschool. He and Jungmi’s oppa were classmates and good friends, but eventually lost contact with them as soon as he entered the academy.

“He’s in the military for a year and a half now and he’ll be discharged soon.”

“Aigoo. Our Jungjin has become a man, right? How about you? What are you doing now?”

“I’m studying finance and management.”

“That’s good. Study well, okay?”

They talked in a friendly conversation and again, Onew felt like he was an ordinary guy. For the first time after several years, he got to eat with a friend casually, without bothering whether or not someone would notice them.

But then, it won’t be a big problem if someone really saw them. She was just a hoobae from a highschool he went in, and he was only close with her brother that’s why both of them sort of had a friendly conversation. There was no big deal, and there was certainly nothing going on between the two of them.

Actually, all he needed was to have the news appeared on internet. Following the sequence of what happened to Taemin: He received a call after his photos were posted on line, and then he got ask to meet someone in the company, and then the two of them talked like real friends and even laughed together as they went out of the company.

One part of his mind insisted that he asked her to sit down for a genuine reason of just merely talking to her, while the other part was admitting he had secret agenda of why he did that.

No. I didn’t do that to make people notice and stir a scandal on line. No. I just happen to be glad of seeing an old friend. There was no other secret reason why I did that. He kept on babbling as he fought with his mind.