Giving in ...

Unwelcomed Pleasure

She placed a blanket on Taemin and felt his forehead again. His fever has gone down and it was good that the medicine she gave her let him sleep properly. Taemin might have been too tired and exhausted. She heard from one of the manager’s that SHINee had been doing so much lately. Music shows, rehearsals, program guesting, photoshoots and CF shootings. There was no doubt SHINee has been one of the busiest idols on that year, not even mentioning about their current Everybody promotion. And as she heard as well, they will start preparing for the next SHINee World Concert soon, so the boys’ rests were still far away from the present time.

They constantly work hard, but at least, they could see the fruit of their hardwork. Jooyoung couldn’t help but dwell on her thoughts as silence filled in the room. She stared at the sleeping Taemin to find him sleeping peacefully. He was so exhausted, he was sick, there might be no parents around him, but still, someone was taking good care of him.

Unlike her – unlike her who almost grew alone. She might have been with her father before, but his will to get her out of the poor life took the chance of them spending a lot of time together. He was too focused on work, that though he didn’t mean it, most of the time, he forgot her, and that’s when Jooyoung started believing that in reality – she was always alone.

And like these boys, she had been constantly working hard, but opposite to their fate, it seemed like she couldn’t get anything in return. No fruit was seen until now, and she felt sorry for herself for not having destiny take her side. If there will ever come a think when she could say she’s successful, well, she doubted it, because after years of working hard doing nonstop part times, graduating with honors but unlucky gets a managerial job, Jooyoung was now sure she was not meant to have a good life.

So instead of making Onew feel angrier or fighting back, she guessed she should just listen to him, and really do what he would want her to do. She would rather have another loser life of being someone’s maid than lose this job and not being able to eat again.

Just then, the door opened, and Jonghyun, who was obviously tired too, entered. “I didn’t know you were still here.” He said when she saw Jooyoung. “Is Taeminnie fine now?”

Right after him, Onew entered with Key and Minho behind him. “How is he, Jong-“ Onew was about to ask Jjong but then he saw Jooyoung.

“His fever has gone down and I think he’ll be much better tomorrow.” Jooyoung shortly informed and Onew reached for Taemin’s forehead. He was worried about their maknae so much.

“That’s a relief. It was hard for Taemin’s fever to go down this fast, so…” Onew looked Jooyoung and paused for a while. “…you’ve done a great job.” He said and left after patting Taemin’s head like he was his father. He walked out of the room leaving Kibum, Minho and Jonghyun there.

“He meant he was thankful.” Minho said. “He was just shy to say so.”

“Or he thought it would affect his pride.” Kibum chuckled and looked at Taemin. “But seriously, you did a great job, thanks Jooyoung-ssi.”

“It’s my job.” She said and nodded. “Please excuse me.”

The other three watched as she left the room and then Kibum faced the other three with a flushed expression. “Is she really the type to seldom smile? Like seriously, the only moment that I got to see her smile was the time she was talking to hyung’s omma.” The others shrugged their shoulders.

Meanwhile, Onew was still at the living area, cleaning up, when Jooyoung went out. “Are you leaving?” He asked and stood up to face her properly.

“Yes. I’ll just come back in the morning.” She looked at her with a blank expression but Onew frowned.

“Taemin might still be needing you. Perhaps, you can just get your clothes and go back. You know the passcode so you can enter even if all of us are sleeping already, and I’ll tell Jonghyun to keep their door open so you can freely check on him anytime.” Onew knew Jooyoung wouldn’t agree on that so he was waiting for her reply but it surprised him when she nodded.

“Then I’ll just get my things and come back as soon as possible.” She even bowed towards him before finally leaving the dorm.

He frowned and wondered why her mood towards him changed and why suddenly, she became someone you could easily order around. She wasn’t like that at first.


A/N: Aigoo~ You guys really thought Onew would be jealous ~ Hahahahaha. That would happen... later on. :)