Grab that chance

Unwelcomed Pleasure

In the midst of the celebration and happy mood inside the house, Jooyoung couldn’t help but think of that previous call she just received minutes ago. It occupied her mind, thinking why that department would call for an interview with her when she didn’t even pass any resume or application at all. She didn’t even know there was a hiring on their area.

Onew, who was giving her silent but constant glances from not so far away, kept noticing her sudden silence and the confused look on her face – as if she was thinking about something that would be a big deal. After getting the right timing, Onew smoothly sneaked out of the conversation with his father, uncles, and grandfather, only to go to Jooyoung to maybe ask her about the thing that suddenly bothered her,

“Hey.” He stood on the other side of the doorway as Jooyoung was leaning on the opposite side, looking outside and watching the kids play at the wide space outside the house. “You became silent after that call. Did something happen?”

Jooyoung didn’t answer but looked at him for quite few seconds, she later shook her head. “It’s just weird.” She shrugged and sighed at the same time.

“What’s weird?”

“I received a call from the Communication department of the company, asking me to go to their office tomorrow for an interview.” She revealed, still looking at him, and then she frowned. “Why would they have my application and resume? I don’t remember applying. I wasn’t even aware that they were hiring.” There was an obvious confusion on her face.

“O-oh…” Onew was speechless for few seconds as he had to gather back his thoughts. “But… isn’t it a good opportunity? You’ll be working in the office.”

She chuckled softly and then shook his head, “I’m more curious about how they found me, I mean, is it possible that someone else could’ve sent them my application? But why would someone do that?”

“Isn’t it good enough that you have the opportunity now? You told me before that you always fail at working on your field because you believe the companies now are being biased. Don’t you think this is the right time to prove yourself?”

“Were you the one who sent an application?” She raised an eyebrow towards Onew but the latter shook his head immediately. Jooyoung frowned.

“Why would I? Wasn’t I the one who asked them to have you as our manager? Why would I give you away then?” Onew sighed as he folded his arms in front of him. “It doesn’t matter anymore, does it? And besides, I heard some departments really review applications and resumes of the employees to maybe give other some better positions. They might have went through your application and saw that you are deserving.” He explained as Jooyoung listened well – like she was starting to believe him. “Once, they went through my profile and suddenly gave me an offer to be the next C.E.O.”

“What?” Jooyoung gave him a stupid look and Onew cracked up laughing. He then stood up properly and pressed one of her arms gently.

“If I were you, I’d go to the interview tomorrow and do my best and hopefully get a job I really deserve.” He smiled and she smiled back.

“I don’t deserve to be SHINee’s manager?”

“You deserve more than that with your skills and educational attainment. You told me that was a call from Communication department, then won’t that work really suits you? Since fate is in your favor, go ahead and grab it.” He paused for a while before continuing. “Of course I would want to quit a very caring, witty and clever manager, but if you can do better than that, then why not?”

“Wow. It’s surprising to hear such words from you, thank you.” She was surprised that for a while, he actually turned serious towards her, and for once, he acted like the big brother he is to her, and she was thankful he said those things which made her a bit confident and determined to go the interview tomorrow morning.

“So stop thinking about it, and let’s enjoy the rest of the day, okay?” Jooyoung nodded and both of them enjoyed the rest of the day before going back to the dorm.

*** *** ***

“Kids, we’re here.” Finally, Onew and Jooyoung arrived at the dorm at around 10pm that night.

“Oh, hyung, are you well?” Taemin ran to see his hyung and even touched his forehead to check if his better.

“Hey, Jooyoung-ah, you should get to bed and sleep early so you’ll be refreshed and go to the interview tomorrow with full energy.”

“Interview?” Jonghyun and Key suddenly went out of nowhere upon hearing that from Onew. “Who is going to the interview tomorrow? For what?”

“Ah…” Jooyoung smiled awkwardly and decided to tell them what’s happening. “Someone called me this morning asking me to go for an interview tomorrow for a slot in the Communication department.”

“Wow!” Minho then appeared as well from out of nowhere. Now they were all gathered in the living area together. “You applied? It’s good you made it to the interview!”

“Actually, I didn’t. I was surprised they called me and I didn’t know how they saw my profile and read my resume.” Jooyoung said and made the members confused as well. They thought it would be impossible for someone in the office to just accidentally go through her profile and call her up for an interview.

“You sure you didn’t pass any application to them? That’s weird though.” Key said with a hint of suspicion. He exchanged gazes with some of the members as if they were sending secret messages through their eyes.

“I’m sorry if I invaded but… I did it.” Jonghyun suddenly confessed, making everyone surprised. “I thought maybe it would work. I’m happy you made it to the interview.”

“What are you doing?” Onew asked right on the spot with his serious and a bit alarming tone. “You are the one who sent the application?”

Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders. “It’s either you don’t like the idea of her being sent to the Communication department, or you don’t like the idea of me claiming to be the sender of the application.”

“You’re funny.” Onew rolled his eyes, and want past all of them as he walked to their room.

The four guys had the single idea of why he was like that, but Jooyoung didn’t have any.