Push and Pull

Unwelcomed Pleasure

“Taemin-ah. This is no joke.” Key uttered as he browsed over the series of photos which quickly went over the internet in just few hours. “How do you clean this up now?”

“I told you she’s just a dongsaeng who came back from America and because we haven’t seen each other since we’re young, we went out to have dinner together. There wasn’t anything going between us at all.” Taemin explained. His expression was stiffed and he knew this would stir a huge controversy especially now that netizens had been very good in making a certain issue appear good and scandalous.

“Yeah, right, we believe you, but what about the fans and those people who are always looking over to find holes that can ruin us?” Jonghyun looked at Taemin like a real older brother. “I told you that you need to do stuff like this with care. Whether or not she’s your date, you should be careful. It will always be different in an anti’s eyes.”

“Kids, kids, it’s okay. Stop fighting.” Onew came in between. “This isn’t going to help if we insist on arguing about something that already happened. Let’s wait for a call from the company and then tell them what really happened. For sure they can help us clean this up. Besides, Taemin is really innocent. No matter how antis try to make this a big deal, in the end, the fans will always be by our side.” He was confident and certain about what he was talking about. After all, they were already with the fans for several years, and SHINee World’s loyalty was never a joke. As long as these people knew they were saying the truth, then they’d support them no matter what happens.

“Oh yeah.” Jonghyun broke into a smile and nodded. “Just as how you and Jooyoung often went out before but it was never an issue since our fans knew there’s really nothing going on between the two of you.”

“Are you pointing out something?” Onew frowned and looked at Jonghyun with a huge imaginary question mark on his face. “Are you telling me I’m good in hiding issues or are you implying that I only assumed something went on?”

“Both.” Jonghyun answered and grinned. “But more of the second one.”

“How can you not move on about this thing? It’s been a month since Jooyoung left.” Onew shook his head in dismay. “Sometimes, I don’t know if you are my friend or you are an anti. Why do you always bring me back to something I want to forget? And why do you make Jooyoung such a big deal? I told you it’s over, that I’ve moved on. Jonghyun ah, just let go.”

“I’m pissed off because I let Jooyoung and didn’t hang around that much with her for you but you slipped away the chance of having her.” Jonghyun had a subtle expression as he stared straight into Onew’s eyes. “And the way you’re telling me that you’ve moved on is something so funny. I will always keep on repeating to you that you always sound like a kid.”

“You know what, hyung.” Minho suddenly barged in, just like how he always teamed up with Jonghyun and Key when they talk about this certain issue to Onew. “Why don’t you use your childish method to see her again?”

“Who told you I want to see her again?”

“Your actions.” Minho, Jonghyun, Key and Taemin answered in chorus as if they planned it.

“What the hell?”

Taemin was about to say something when his phone suddenly rang. “Oh, wow, speaking of the angel.” He smiled and even looked at Onew before he answered the call. “Yes, Jooyoung noona?” Onew’s attention quickly went to Taemin. “At the company? Right now? Oh. I see. I’m sorry to have bothered you like this, noona. I will explain to you everything in detail later on. Yes. See you.”

“You’re going to see her?” Jonghyun asked as soon as the call ended. Taemin nodded. “Where?”

“At the company.” With that, Taemin suddenly moved and went to their room. “I am just going to the company, since manager hyungs are not around, can I just use your car, Onew hyung?” He said while moving around getting his keys.

“I’ll drive you there.” Onew suggested and before the members could fire him with teases, he moved and went to his room to get his keys, and then ran outside.

“Hyung!” Jonghyun called but Onew didn’t stop to listen. He went straight outside the house without turning back. “Hyung… your pants.”

*** *** ***

“Hyung, are you going to stay here and wait for me?” Taemin asked with a hint of mischievous smile on his lips.

How can Onew go out of the car when there are a lot of fans waiting outside the company and he’s in pajamas? That would certainly make him look funny.

“No, I’ll just wait for you here.” He said, but deep inside he was disappointed of not being able to go out and maybe meet someone with Taemin. “Be quick, and don’t roam around after the conversation. I’ll be waiting here.”

As soon as Taemin went out, some fans who were waiting outside the company, gathered and gave their gifts to Taemin. There were several international fans as well. They probably knew it was Onew’s car and Taemin went out from the other side so the fans now kept on glancing over the window as if trying to see if someone was still inside.

Onew had nothing to do but wait there. He would be too less of an idol to walk out of the car with pajamas and be seen by the fans in that look. It’s not cool, and he might stir just another funny issue from the antis who can’t do anything with their lives.

Around 30 minutes later, Onew finally saw Taemin coming back. However, he was with someone. Someone he wished to see if not only because of his pajama.

He watched as Taemin and Jooyoung talked outside the car. She was smiling and nodding towards Taemin who seemed to be talking about interesting stuff with his hand gestures and all. After a while, Jooyoung stepped back and waved at Taemin – as if saying goodbye. As Taemin opened the door of the car to enter, Jooyoung walked back to company.

“There. At least you saw her.” Taemin smiled at Jinki. “I made sure she’d come out so you could at least have a glimpse of her. I didn’t tell her I’m with you, though.”

Onew looked at him with a blank expression. “It’s not like I want to see her, though.”

“I bet not.” Taemin chuckled, and Onew was irritated that he suddenly started the engine to loud, that fans suddenly moved away afraid that the car would randomly hit one of them.