Who did?

Unwelcomed Pleasure

Jooyoung opened her eyes at the sound of her alarm. It was already 5 am and she needed to wake up to check Taemin. But as she sat up, she only then realized that there was a pillow below her head and she was covered by a blanket. She couldn’t remember getting anything last night, so she wondered where they came from.

Though still in confusion and only half awake, Jooyoung gathered herself and went towards Taemin’s room. She knocked twice to make her entrance recognized. There, he found Jonghyun wide awake and looking over Taemin who was still asleep. He was surprised to see her there. “Oh, Jooyoung-ssi, you slept here?” She nodded. “You didn’t have to do it. We could take care of him while you were away.”

“It’s part of my job so I decided to stay.” She shortly answered and went closer to touch Taemin’s forehead. “It was a relief his fever didn’t go back anymore.”

“You are so good in healing a sick person.” Jonghyun praised as Taemin usually had fever for days before he goes back to normal, but right now, his condition was unbelievably stable already.

“Now that he’s okay, I’ll leave him for a while to prepare your breakfast.” She nodded to him before going out again. Jonghyun followed her with his sight and he was still wondering why she had to stay – or who made him stay. Perhaps, he didn’t really have to ask who.

The four guys come out as soon as they smelled the delicious scent of the dishes she was cooking. They were just simple breakfast food such as toasted bread, pancakes, fried eggs, and bacon, but something in the way she cooked make everything just inviting.

“Wow, so you really did stay here to take care of Taemin? That is so good of you, Jooyoung-ssi.” Kibum and Minho couldn’t stop praising her, while the other two hyungs stayed still eating their meals. The other one was trying to concentrate on his food while the other one was busy observing everybody.

“Excuse me but… can I ask who among you put some pillow and blanket for me?” She had to ask it since her curiosity was killing her and she thought maybe she needed to thank that person.

Minho and Key both looked at each other and then they shook his head. “We didn’t even know you’re here.” Key said and he turned to Onew.

“Why would I do it?” Onew shrugged his shoulders and continued eating.

Jonghyun looked at everyone, trying to observe each of their reaction, and then he answered. “I did. It was uncomfortable sleeping on the couch alone so I brought a pillow and a blanket to help you sleep better.”

“Y-you did?” Onew looked at him as if he was dumbfounded and startled. Jonghyun nodded his head innocently and smiled.

“Why? Am I not allowed to do that? She didn’t even have to sleep in the couch. If I knew immediately that she was staying then I could’ve spared her my bed. Actually, last night, when I found her on the couch, I wanted to carry her and bring her to my bed, but that would scare her for sure, waking up on someone else’s bed – not to mention that was a guy’s room.” He explained and laughed a bit, but Jooyoung formally nodded.

“I am grateful for your kindness, Jonghyun-ssi.”

“Come on, it was nothing. Next time, if you’re sleeping her, make your presence clear so we could all adjust. You might feel awkward rooming with another guy so maybe Onew hyung could spare you his own room.”

“What?” Onew looked at Jonghyun with a lifted eyebrow, but Jonghyun just continued talking without looking at him.

“Onew hyung is still a nice person. He really never forgets to do good things to other people.” It felt like there was a meaning behind what Jonghyun said so Minho and Key laughed together.

“Ah… seriously, what’s so nice about this breakfast?” Onew stood up and took his mug of coffee, then left the others still laughing. Jonghyun really had a lot of courage to tease his hyung, though he was willing to get his little punishments later on.

“Don’t believe him, Jooyoung-ssi. These foods are delicious. Thanks for making them.” Minho said and gave her a thumbs up, which earned a nod from Jooyoung – instead of a smile.