I am also confused

Unwelcomed Pleasure

Fortunately, Onew found one last packet of ramen noodles as he checked and opened the cupboard. He put the water into boil. He was really serious on having instant noodles for breakfast.

“Hyung.” Jonghyun followed him in the kitchen. “Jooyoung brought a lot of foods. Come sit with us.”

“I will, I’ll just finish cooking this for me.” Onew answered as if there was nothing really wrong, that he wasn’t avoiding her on purpose, that he was just craving for noodles and it wasn’t like he disliked eating the foods she brought over.

“Look, hyung, those are for all of us.” Jonghyun explained. “And besides, you say heavy meals are necessary for breakfast because it’s the first meal of the day. You surely don’t want to spend the rest of the day with just one pack of noodles.” He was basically trying his best to make him give up, hoping he would just agree and sit with them in the table to eat.

“Onew hyung, Jonghyun hyung, what’s taking you so long!?” Minho shouted from the dining table. “Come on, I’m hungry! We still have lots of things to do!” He yelled again.

“Then start eating! Don’t wait for me anymore!” Onew shouted back and looked at Jonghyun. “Go. Minho eats a lot. You don’t want end up not eating anything.” He smiled but Jonghyun still insisted for him to just eat those foods. “Oh. It’s almost done!” He immediately took a bowl to put the cooked noodles on it.

Jonghyun shook his head and went out ahead of him.

“Oh, ramen!” Minho shouted in excitement when Onew went out really carefully while holding a hot bowl of ramen. “Wow. Wait, let me take it!” He said as he quickly stood up, smoothly stealing the ramen from Onew. “Thanks, hyung, I really needed something to warm my tummy. Jooyoung forgot to bring some soup.” He said as he placed the ramen at the center of the table.

“Oh, ramen just suits well with all types of food!” Taemin added and took some noodles to place on his plate. Minho did the same, and so as Key and Jonghyun.

“Wait, guys, that is my…” He couldn’t control the four members as they crowded the ramen and just eat anything, though the left a really small amount of serving for him.

“Are you aware about the new chicken restaurant on the street 4 blocks away from here? They really serve delicious chicken!” Minho said and placed the chicken in front of Onew at the table. “Have some, hyung, this is your favorite, right?”

Onew looked down at the food. It was one of his all-time favorites.

“And hyung, Jooyoung brought us this food you really like.” Key now placed the pork with orange and honey sauce just beside the chicken. Again, it made him want to just sit down and eat them all.

“Oh, hyung, look, didn’t you say you wanted to eat dumplings yesterday? Noona brought some, too!” Taemin then placed the dumplings on the other side of the chicken.

Finding the atmosphere awkward, Jooyoung thought her presence won’t be needed there anymore. She even thought it was what made Onew feel so uncomfortable around his own place. “I better go.” She smiled as all of them looked at her. “I just came to drop those foods as promised. I need to be early in the office so I’ll go ahead.”

“Oh, are you sure?” Minho stood up to actually lead her outside, but Jooyoung stopped him.

“It’s okay. I can manage going alone. Just continue eating and please enjoy the rest of the food.” She nodded in respect before she could leave. “Goodluck to your schedules for today, SHINee, fighting!”

“Take care, Jooyoung-ah!” Key and Jonghyun said in chorus.

“Bye, noona!” Taemin shouted.

There was a silence as all of them were waiting for her to finally leave. They kept on exchanging glances, as if they were about to go for a competition as soon as they hear the bell. Onew was looking at the four members.

Click. The door was locked again.

Onew’s eyes grew abnormally wide when the members took all the foods and started eating on their own. They didn’t even bother taking notice that he didn’t have any plate yet. “Yah! Yah! Yah! I thought you want me to try them!?” He shouted in panic as the members kept on eating without even offering again.

“You were so slow, hyung! We offered a lot all at once and you didn’t take it!” Minho said unclearly as his mouth was really full of food.

“B-but…” Onew stuttered as he was at complete lost after looking at the four boys who were very enthusiastic when it comes to eating.

“Fine. Fine. Give some to Onew hyung, kids.” Jonghyun finally stopped and handed some to the oldest.

“But you, old man, what show are you putting up this time?” Key uttered as he was done chewing. He was now shaking his head watching as Onew tried to get really few amount of foods to his plate. “Yah. Stop it. She’s not around anymore. You don’t need to pretend that you didn’t like what she brought!”

“These were obviously for you.” Minho muttered. “She thought of all the foods you love to eat, and personally bought them for you, and you were there insisting that you were craving for instant noodles instead. You were the one who taught us to be considerate, hyung, what happened?”

“Why would she go here?” Onew asked though there wasn’t any hint of annoyance or anything like that. He was just literally asking, rather confused of Jooyoung’s presence. “It was actually clear to me that she disliked seeing me, and avoids me anyway she can, but why did she suddenly appear?”

“Maybe Key-hyung’s words affected her so much.” Taemin uttered directly and Minho elbowed him quick. They were not supposed to say anything about the conversation between them and Jooyoung. Onew looked at Key, confused and obviously not amused.

“You talk to her about me?” He asked to which Key suddenly became a bit scared. He didn’t like this expression of Onew first of all. It made him look scary.

“Actually, hyung, we were with Key.” Jonghyun quickly answered, trying to back Key up. Onew stood up and put his chopsticks down at the table.

“I feel sorry for giving you some burdens but I don’t think you understand anything about what I feel.” He said. “Because even I, actually, can’t figure out why I’m being like this. It’s pissing me off already, so it would be a big help for all of you to do nothing that would make me more disappointed.” He looked at each of them and marched back to his room.