It was disappointing

Unwelcomed Pleasure

“Hnggg!!!” Onew covered his face with a pillow. His deep sleep was interrupted by continuous loud knock on his door.

“Hey, Lee Jinki! Open up! What do you think you’re doing, huh?!” It was the voice of his manager, and obviously, he was angry and raging. “Come out now, we need to talk!”

“I’m still sleeping!” He shouted from his room. His usual stubborn self won’t easily lose to the older manager. He knew why he was acting like that. He was certain it had something to do with the breakfast he had this morning.

“Open up!” The manager shouted again.

“Hyung, let him be for a while.” Jonghyun stopped the manager and calmed him down. “Later on, he’ll realize what he just did, and honestly, I don’t think he’s involved with that girl. She’s probably just a friend or someone he knew.” He explained as the manager eventually cooled down. “And you know, hyung, I think you should contact the PR department for them to personally talk to him. He can fix this. I know hyung.”

“I’m embarrassed.” The manager admitted. “Yesterday, it was Taemin. Now, it’s Lee Jinki. How can I prove myself to be a good manager if my kids always mess up and I don’t even know how to clean these up?” As a manager, for sure he was frustrated, and would have want to clear everything instantly.

“Just… just let the PR team talk to him. Trust me.” Somehow, Jonghyun had the instinct of what Onew wanted to happen, and for everything to be settled, he knew he should help them. After all, he knew his hyung was only good when it comes to messing things up and doing crazy things that won’t even be effective. He wanted to laugh whenever he realized that though Onew was such a ladies’ man, he never really knew how to court a girl properly, and everything he did are just funny acts.

Eventually, as Onew was still lying on his bed, covered with the blanket, his phone rang. He quickly got up and took his phone. An unknown number was calling. “Hello?”

“Onew-ssi? This is Jang Miyoung from the PR department.”

PR department, but it wasn’t Jooyoung.

“Oh yes. What’s up?” Onew frowned and bit his lower lip when he realized he approached the PR representative casually. “I mean, how can I help you?”

“Can I see you for a moment here in the office? I just want to clarify things regarding the issue that suddenly brought up on the internet this afternoon.”

“Oh… yeah… I will. I will see you.” Onew answered, though it wasn’t clear to him why  someone else called instead of the certain someone he was rather expecting to be talking to.

Though his heart was heavy and his body not in the mood to move, he still stood up and fixed himself to go out and see the PR representative at the office. He sighed. Were they in a routine on who will talk to a certain member and Jooyoung was just for Taemin and his scandals? That’s unfair, he thought.

“Oh, hyung, you’re going out?” Jonghyun called as he saw him coming out of the room. “Did you receive the call?”

“I did. I need to see the representative in the office right now.” He spoke with no energy which made Jonghyun frown. He was rather expecting a hyper Onew to hop out of the room and bounce from here to there in excitement of seeing Jooyoung again, but it was the other way around. He was not interested in going to the office at all.

“It’s not Jooyoung who called?” Onew shook his head. “Why?”

“Would I know?” He looked at Jonghyun in an unamused way. He wasn’t in the mood for talking. All he wanted to do was to end this day and go back to sleep again.

He drove himself to the company which was just 10 minutes from the dorm. “Onew oppa! Is the rumor true??!” Fans started shouting as he went out of his car to walk towards the gate. “No matter what happens, we’ll keep on supporting you, oppa!!”

He was thinking of smiling but he knew these people would certainly know if he gives off a fake smile, so instead of trying to communicate with them, he just walked straightly towards the gate and entered without looking at them.

He went straight to the small conference room where meetings and announcement were held. As he opened the door, the lady who talked to him on the phone was already waiting. “Hello, Onew-ssi. Thank you for coming. Please take a seat.”

And he did. “I’m sorry to bother you with this.”

“This is my job.” She smiled. “I want to get into the point so please allow me to know everything detail per detail. Can you explain to me what happen this morning and tell me who the girl was?”

“I went out to have breakfast because the members were out with the managers for some schedule and I was the only one left at home. I should’ve cooked something, but there’s nothing in the fridge that would help me cook my own food as quick as possible. So instead of cooking, I decided to just go to the nearest fastfood and order. While I was eating, this hoobae I know came to me and greeted me. We were quite close because I used to be good friends with her brother. We only conversed for short time since she was also running errands for her school. That was what happened. I didn’t even treat her for breakfast because as she went to me, she was already holding her own food.”

“I see…” The representative answered while nodding and taking some notes on her small notebook. “I can see there was nothing to worry about. All we have to do is say the truth because that’s really what happened. However, Onew-ssi, I know I don’t need to elaborate to you how media play. With simple acts, we can get into trouble, take for example what happened to Taemin before this issue. Though we are really innocent of something, some people will always choose not to believe us and fabricate story. These people are the ones who will try to let us down no matter what. It’s not wrong to be friendly and to talk with the people outside for I know you have your personal life, too, but I hope you make extra care after this.”

“I understand. Thank you.” He looked at the representative and smiled. “Are you the one designated to always look after my image?”

She chuckled. “I believe there’s no such thing. We’re in charge of SHINee’s image in general. Actually, it’s Son Jooyoung ssi’s task to talk to you for this matter. However, for some reasons, she asked me to swap job for a while maybe because she had conflict with her time. I don’t know.” She laughed and shrugged herself. “I thought she did that because you and she had a past… but that was only a joke. It had always been a rumor circulating around the department but no one had ever proved it and it never came out on public so nevermind.” She smiled and stood up. “I’ll get going now, Onew ssi. Thank you for your time. We will clean this issue as soon as possible.”