Opening Up Slowly

Unwelcomed Pleasure

As the door closed, Onew slowly opened his eyes. “I didn’t believe about your cute side until this moment.” It was the last thing he heard she said before leaving, and all the while, Onew was wondering why it felt so good seeing her smile like that.

She was so beautiful. That curved on her lips that he was so curious about was finally seen, and to top it all, he was the reason she smiled. The cute “hnnggg…” sound didn’t come out on purpose. He was supposed to open his eyes after making that sound, but after seeing her smile and heard her giggle, he just had to maintain that position to see how more she would react.

If she found him cute after doing that, then he found her the most beautiful when she smiled from ear to ear. It wasn’t forced, and it felt like she really enjoyed what she saw. It might be too embarrassing for him, but man, the worth is Jooyoung’s rare smile and laugh, so he definitely won’t regret showing such a side to her.

And if it wasn’t just for the members’ reaction and the probability of Jooyoung getting a huge shock, then Onew might have wanted to start slowly showing her a better side of him hoping they could have better relationship with each other,

But man, he established this annoyed personality who always hates her, so how could he suddenly switch to being a sweet guy that was cute and adorable? That would be too weird and he would look like a crazy person.

Heck, he just wanted to see her smile again. He was suddenly addicted to that smile because it gave such a different vibrancy.

At that thought, Onew suddenly fell asleep, calmly and comfortably.

The next morning, he woke up first. He decided to get up immediately to cook quick breakfast for the boys before leaving. But just when he opened his door, the delicious and inviting aroma welcomed him.

He thought it was Key cooking, but it was Jooyoung in the kitchen. “Jooyoung-ssi?” He said making his presence recognized. Jooyoung took a glance but quickly returned her focus to the dish she was cooking.

“Oh, Onew-ssi, this will be done soon. Please take a seat.” She said while her free hand worked on getting a bowl to take some servings for the newly cooked dish.

“You didn’t went home?” Onew asked surprisingly but she shook her head.

“I went home. I arrived around 4:30 just a while go.” It was 5:15 on his watch, 45 minutes since she arrived.

“Then, did you even sleep?”

Jooyoung wasn’t able to answer the question as the members started gathering in the kitchen, talking to their hyungs about that day’s schedule.

“So, she went home around 1:30 am last night and went back around 4:30 a while ago?” Jonghyun’s eyes were surprised after hearing from Onew the time Jooyoung spent outside the dorm. “Wow, Jooyoung-ssi, why don’t you just live here so instead of travelling back and forth, then you could just use those time to rest.”

Other members agreed to what Jjong said while Onew stayed quiet, silently observing Jooyoung’s reaction – if she would say yes, or no.

“It’s okay. Going back and forth like this is part of my job.”

“Aww… How did we even deserve to have such a caring and thoughtful manager? I am so touched.” Jjong stood up and walked closer to Jooyoung, who was standing not so far from the dining table. “Can I get a hug?” He spread his arms a bit wider to hug her.

“Kim Jonghyun.” Onew called out suddenly which made Jjong paused. “Are you going in the bath room or am I going in first?”

“Aigoo, no.” Jonghyun suddenly forgot about hugging Jooyoung and turned to the bathroom. “I’d rather go first. You take so long when it’s your turn.” He said, just pulled his towel that was hanging on the chair and went inside.

The others stood up to go back to their own room to prepare their things, while Onew whispered as he passed by Jooyoung. “Do you really allow random people hug you? Unbelievable.” He shook his head and sighed before proceeding to his room.

After about 30 minutes, the two other managers arrived to pick SHINee up. They were surprise to see Jooyoung there as well since they would have expected her to be a bit late since she went home last the other night. Jjong and Key told the story to the managers as the other members were still preparing, and the other two agreed that Jooyoung should just stay home.

“But wouldn’t she feel uncomfortable here?” One manager asked after a while. “I mean, she’s almost the same age as Kibum and Minho, and it might probably be quite awkward for a girl like her to live with five young guys. I mean, come to think of it.”

“It’s not like we’ll do something to her.” Kibum rolled his eyes and laughed.

“If you think about it. It’s better for her to stay here.” Onew came out of his room. He heard their conversation so he was able to immediately in. “Like how she takes care of the members, the members could take care of her as well, and besides, it’s even more dangerous to a girl to travel during the night and wee hours.” Onew looked at Jooyoung who was silently looking at them. She was not butting in, and Onew knew that Jooyoung would accept whatever decision the two managers and the five other members would agree on. “And she doesn’t need to pay any more rent.”

Jooyoung thought for a while. He was right. Instead of paying for the rent, she could just save them up and use it for something more important. SHINee were given budget for their groceries and she could be included in there, too. She could save a lot in that agreement.

“But she should at least have her own room.” The other manager said.

“In my room.” Onew answered and realized how the others’ eyes grew bigger in surprise. “I mean she could take my room and I’ll go sleep with the other guys’ room!” He quickly defended.

“Aaaahhh…” The oldest manager sighed. “I thought you mean a different thing.” He chuckled and upon knowing Onew, he smirked at him.

“Am I talking to the right Onew?” The younger manager asked. “Why do you suddenly giving up your room? You don’t even allow any of your members to come in.”

Onew was dumbfounded and speechless, irritated by the fact this manager had to say that in front of Jooyoung. “I-it’s hard to sleep alone.” He said and before he could get any more embarrassed, he left them and just went out to go their van alone.