Home Coming

Unwelcomed Pleasure

“Aigoo, Jinki-ah, what are we going to do with you?” Jooyoung showed extreme concern as Onew went to them with his almost closed eyes and seemingly week body. He was embracing himself as if he was so cold. “Your body temperature is so high. Oppa? What are we going to do with him?” She asked the oldest manager who was a bit concerned to him as well.

“He should take some rest but we still need to go somewhere else for a last minute radio guesting. You can drive him back to the dorm, right, Jooyoung?”

“Oh sure, but… isn’t Jinki ssi’s home just a bit closer to this area? Perhaps he would want to go spend the rest of the night there so his mom could look after him as well.”

The manager thought for a while before eventually nodding. “Okay, here’s the key. Take care of him, right. Don’t let him fall asleep for he should tell you where to go to reach their house. Drive safely, Jooyoung-ah.” He nodded, and even helped Onew get inside the car.

“Hyung, sleep well.” Jonghyun reminded, to which Onew weakly nodded. He leaned on his seat and closed his eyes.

“We succeeded.” He opened his eyes when he heard Jooyoung talked. He looked at her though he was feeling weak, then as they exchanged glances, Jooyoung laughed loudly inside the car. A happy victorious laugh he just heard for the first time. “Wow! Daebak! Garlic cloves never fail me when it comes to this stuff! Daebak!”

“Yah… can I remove this now?” He was still weakly though it was obvious that he was smiling. Onew started removing the garlic from his armpits. “Yah. You didn’t inform me I was about to get sick because of this. I wasn’t able to prepare that much. Look, I feel so weak!” He whined but Jooyoung just laughed again.

“It’s better since the acting was not fake! Seriously, the garlic is effective, right?”

“Yeah, but still… aahhh…” He sighed as he struggled sitting properly on his seat. He was really feeling a bit heavy. “The event lasted for 2 hours so I had these garlics during that time, don’t you think I overdid it?” He looked at her with hooded eyes – he was almost sleepy.

“Oh yeah…” Jooyoung’s face suddenly turned serious and immediately, she placed her free hand on his forehead. “Oh my, this is serious, Jinki-ah, I am sorry I didn’t do something to help you get rid of those cloves after feeling unwell. I should’ve watched the time…”

“It’s okay… later on, I promise to feel better. Hey, on the third street, let’s turn left.”

“I got it… but are you sure you’re okay? Seriously, I’m sorry…” She continuously said sorry while feeling guilty over what she did – but Onew was just laughing it off. As usual, he was never the type to show anyone he’s having a hard time. He won’t complain and nobody would notice unless he’s feeling worse already.

“There, there, on that green gate.” He weakly pointed after few more minutes of driving. “Press the beep.” He said with a cute accent. She was dumbfounded for a while but later realized what he meant. She pressed the beep and few minutes later, someone opened the gate and Onew told her to get inside.

It wasn’t as big as a mansion but based on it’s house, it was definitely known that the owner of the house has something to say in life. It was actually a house built through his parents’ money together with some of Onew’s savings. That house was something they established on their own – with the help of one another – and Onew was proud of it. It was a two-storey house which outer walls were painted in mint green color. There were plants around the house and had a pathway leading to the garden located at the back of the house. At the front of a house was a spacious flat ground which could be a basketball court or a parking lot. As Jooyoung parked the car inside, there were two other cars that were already there, so she took the space that was located at the farthest side of the ground.

She was about to ask if there were normally a lot of people inside their house but was shut when she saw several number of people going out of the front door. She saw an old woman, three women which are younger than the other, two males, and three little kids coming out of the house. Onew looked at the door, and Jooyoung observed, that such heartwarming smile appeared on his face. It showed really well how he was happy to get back home.

“Here we are.” He told Jooyoung with a smile.

“Should I help you out?” She was hesitating to go out and show herself to his relatives. Jooyoung had watched a lot of dramas already, and she knew that during this scene, it is impossible for the relatives not to think of her as his girlfriends. She was 90% sure that they will think of her that way – so she was a bit embarrassed to go out. However, when Onew turned to open the door, he seemed to be struggling a bit, and though he wasn’t asking for her help, she knew he needed it, so she voluntarily went out of the car to go at the other door and open it for him. “I hate that you are not ordering me around anymore.” She laughed softly and took his hand, carefully helping him to get out of the car. “Come on, just hold me.” She said to which Onew happily and gladly obliged. As he stood up, Jooyoung wrapped his arm around her shoulder. She was a bit short for him, so the only way to make her his support was by the use of her shoulders.

“Oh! It’s Jinki-hyung!” One boy shouted and their face finally got cleared of curiosity.

“Oppa!” Two little girls shouted in excitement.

“Hello, my little ones.” Onew dearly addressed as they came towards the door. “Omma, Appa, I arrived.”

“Aigoo, you didn’t tell us you’re coming! I thought you were on a schedule!” His mother uttered. “Wait, my dear, are you sick? You look – oh gosh! Your fever is high! Come on, let’s get inside, you need to rest!” She was suddenly in panic.

“Jinki-ah, you don’t have to go here if you’re feeling this way.” His father went on his other side to help Jooyoung guide him inside the house. There was suddenly a huge noise inside the house – mixture of excitement and worries upon seeing Onew.

“I’m fine, omma, appa… later on, I assure you, I am feeling better.” He smiled at everyone and waved. “Oh, grandma…” Though struggling, he stood up to go to his grandma and kiss her cheek, though maybe he wasn’t aware that he held Jooyoung’s hand as he came to his grandmother.

His grandma smiled but her gaze was rather fixed on Jooyoung, so for her not to look disrespectful, she smiled and bowed 90 degrees to his grandmother. “Hello, grandma.” She greeted politely.

“Aigoo, Jinki-ah… Finally you allowed us to meet your girlfriend. She is really pretty and lovely, and she looked so sweet.”

“Eh?” Jooyoung was about to correct the grandma when she felt Onew’s hand holding her even tighter.

“Right, grandma? That’s because I told you who I’ll pick will be someone you’ll like.” Onew uttered with a playful wink, gaining all the weird looks from his relatives and Jooyoung.