Go and Take the risk

Unwelcomed Pleasure

“Such a savior.” Minho nodded his head with a smile of satisfaction. They were still looking at Jooyoung who seemed to be really immersed with talking to the PD whose fondness towards the girl was obvious.

Meanwhile, Onew silently stood up. He decided to finish his job hoping the day would end sooner than he expected. To be honest, he didn’t like the atmosphere. He was uncomfortable having her around, though it didn’t really mean that he disliked her already. His awkward days were probably just acting up and he didn’t know how to handle them. The only option was to keep on restraining his mood and try hard to finish the photo shoot without having any problems involving him. He was known to be a cool guy – a good leader who always knew how to separate personal issues from work.

“We’ll do individual shots first.” One of the staff said and Onew immediately stood up.

“I’m going first.” He said without any hesitation and went towards the set. Taemin, who was supposed to be the one going first, just sat back as he was about to stand up, too. Though confused, they were all getting that Onew had already lose his mood – and just like that, everything had to go according his way.

Meanwhile, Jooyoung told the PD she needed to go but for some reasons she barely understood, the PD asked her to stay for a while – telling her to at least check out how the “kids” were doing.

“It’s a bit inappropriate for you to consider them as kids since only Taeminnie is a dongsaeng to you.” The PD laughed sheepishly like he was some teenager. He was obviously trying to keep their conversation going – not wanting her to leave.

Jooyoung chuckled a bit and nodded. The PD was unsuccessful on making her talk though she was not making it obvious that she wasn’t interested at all. It was still business, and no one should act like a stubborn little kid when facing a business partner.

The PD kept on talking about something she considered nonsense already when Onew stole everybody’s attention by going towards the set instead of Taemin. Her attention drew back on him, completely leaving the PD talking with thoughts that she was still listening. When actually, she was completely focused on the other guy out there – trying to observe his actions – studying if he was in good mood or not.

Few minutes later, the PD and Jooyoung was interrupted when someone came in and approached them. “PD nim, I am really sorry I was late.”

“Reporter Jung.” The PD nodded in response to her greetings and shook his head. “Something came up just a while ago so the photoshoot started late as well. Can you revise some of your questions if there are related to Shin Sekyung because the photoshoot decided to go without here? Just focus on SHINee, okay?”

“I got it PD.” The lady reporter said but her attention suddenly went to Jooyoung. “Son Jooyoung?”

Jooyoung, whose eyes were still on Onew’s, threw a look at her. She stopped after figuring out she looked familiar. “You are…”

“Jung Niri. We were in the same class during middle school!” She reminded her, and Jooyoung formed a huge O-shape in upon recognizing the girl. Yes, she was her middle school classmate. “Hey, what are you doing here? Are you a new staff?”

“No, Reporter Jung…” The PD just had to in on the conversation and take some attention back to him. He was a man with the age of 35 and somehow gave of this aura of a hot matinee idol. He resembled celebrity Song Seung Heon in some angles, and because of this, a lot would always say he suits to get into the entertainment business as a celebrity rather than a PD who only stays behind the camera. But really, despite the look, one must admit Han Woo Bin PD was a bit of an attention – trying to get Jooyoung’s attention on him.

“This is Ms. Son Jooyoung, SHINee’s PR manager.” He introduced.

“You are SHINee’s PR?” Reporter Jung was shocked but then she flashed a smile, quickly holding Jooyoung by her hand as if the two were closed – though she doubted that since she never really made that much friends during her years of education.

Niri started talking, completely taking the PD out of the place. Jooyoung didn’t know if Niri was just excited to see her again, or she really just cleverly used her connection with her as a close friend to get to SHINee hoping to find more scoop for her articles.

Sure, Jooyoung was such a newbie, but the department taught her a lot about how the industry works. There would be those who would treat you as friend but you never knew what’s behind you – their real purpose. It was okay to establish good connections and build strong friendships within her environment, but while she was doing that, it’s almost a necessary to take care of everything she says. Because when a PR manager like her spits something that could stir controversy, then don’t expect it to be kept as a secret from these reporters and paparazzis.

“I didn’t know you want to be a reporter ever since.” Since Niri acted like they were really close, Jooyoung went and followed along – taking her personally.

“Not actually.” Niri replied and shrugged herself while taking some notes. It was probably the revision of questions she would ask to SHINee. “It’s something that just got into me one day. I was decided to go for a business course, but I kept on thinking about wanting to write articles and be a journalist.” She looked at Jooyoung and smiled. “As you see, I decided to take the risk. I wasn’t sure about it at first so I had to take a chance. I had to choose, and though it might sound weird to you, I decided to go for something I’m not sure of. There’s the thrill in it, and the more you challenge yourself, the more you’ll be grateful of the prize.”

“As I can see, you didn’t regret taking risk at all. You’re working on a famous magazine.” Jooyoung smiled back.

“The risk was all worth it, but I’m not saying I didn’t regret it once. There were times when I wanted to give up after having my articles rejected multiple times, but you just got to leave it to fate. Since you choose it, then don’t stop till you get there. There’s no other way to get to where you want but hardwork.”

Jooyoung nodded. This friend was making a lot of sense for her.

“Just like when you fall in love…” Out of the blue, Niri said with a spark on her eyes. “When you think being with him is all worth it, then you should take all the risk and just go.” She then looked at Jooyoung, leaving the girl speechless. “Coz you know, you’ll never know unless you try and go for it. You might get hurt, get rejected, and be taken for granted a lot of times, but at the end, there’s just one important thing you need to know… you just always need to figure out what’s there at the end of the rainbow. Knowing the answer kills the curiosity, and prevents you from regretting something you must have done but chose not to.”