180 degrees

Unwelcomed Pleasure

“Hey, hey, hey.” Jooyoung suddenly went back to reality when Onew elbowed her nonstop. She blinked her eyes a couple of times and looked at him as if she just woke up. “Were you spacing out? We have no time for that. Come on, let’s go. Take care of my things.” Onew said and hopped up of the car. She followed – almost thoughtless.

“Good morning, SHINee. Good morning.” They entered the set of Starking which was still currently empty of audience since they were still fixing some things inside. The sunbaes and the hoobaes SHINee came across with greeted them, and the boys greeted back in the most polite way possible. This was one of SHINee’s known trait – being humble and courteous towards everybody – be it that they are sunbaes, hoobaes, down to the janitor of the company.

Jooyoung silently watched over SHINee. She was thinking what to do but so far, she thought SHINee could handle their own. They were fine by themselves that’s why she didn’t get why they had to hire another manager also known as maid and babysitter.

“Oh, she looked new.” Kang Hodong, Starking’s host noticed her as she was just behind Onew who greeted him. Onew looked at her and then turned to Kang Hodong and smiled.

“Yes, she’s our new manager. Beautiful, isn’t it?” He chuckled and then looked at Jooyoung. “Oh, manager-nim, I told you I can carry my stuff already. You don’t have to do this.” He suddenly took his bag and slid the strap on his shoulder. “You can sit here and watch for a while. We’ll just do our makeup and wear our outfits.”

Huh?  Jooyoung was surprised as Onew suddenly turned 180 degrees of who he was just a while ago. He ordered and boss me around a while ago and now he’s treating me as if I’m some kind of special person? Seriously?

Onew smiled again and nodded to her, and then he patted Kang Hodong’s back. “Hyung, I’ll just go there to do my makeup. See you in a bit.” He said politely and softly and Kang Hodong smiled and nodded back – leaving to go to the set and listen to the PD’s briefing.

As Jooyoung sat on one corner, she silently observed what was happening backstage while everybody was busy doing their makeups. PDs running back and forth for some last minute instructions. Some manager going here and there to make sure their idols are okay. Some naughty idols, mostly rookies, are around and goofing with each other. While SHINee, are just there, surprisingly, sitting properly as they were being styled by the noonas. Jonghyun and Key never stopped talking, and they were laughing over random stuff. Minho was talking to the noona as she did his makeup, while Taemin was busy on his phone. On the other hand, in the middle was Onew, closing his eyes firmly as someone does his makeup. He was sleeping. Suddenly, his phone rang. The noona took his phone, “Jinki-yah… your phone was ringing.” She told him but it seemed like Onew didn’t want to answer it.

“Jooyoung-ah…” He called a bit loudly. Jooyoung looked at him, a bit surprised that he called her as if they were some close friends. “Jooyoungiee~~” The amount of cuteness Onew used on calling her exploded, that female idols who are around the messy backstage couldn’t help but squeal over his manly yet sweet voice.

“Yes?” Jooyoung stood up and went to him. He gave her his phone.

“I can’t answer the call. Can you do it for me? If that’s omma then please tell her I’ll call her back after the recording. Thanks.” He said softly – really different from who he was a while ago. Jooyoung was dumbfounded and as he met eyes with Jonghyun who was then listening to the conversation, she saw him shrugging his shoulders, as if he knew exactly what she was thinking.

Finally, she answered the phone, and true enough, it was his mom. “Oh, omonim, hello.” Jooyoung didn’t forget to talk to her politely. “Yes. This is SHINee’s new manager. I’m sorry, omonim, but Onew-ssi couldn’t pick up the phone because he is currently having his makeup done. Yes, but he said he’ll call you back after the recording is done.”

“Omma, I miss you~~” Onew said out loudly probably to make his mother hear it.

“Aigoo~~ my son.” His mother said on the other line. “Manager nim… please tell him not to be too playful around or he’ll just exhaust himself again. Please control my son. He tends to be so naughty and playful like a five year old child.” She chuckled lovingly and Jooyoung smiled. His mother sounded so caring and thoughtful.

“Yes, I will, omonim. Please don’t worry.”

“And please remind him about his promise to call me, or I’ll go to their dorm and hit him on the while he’s sleeping.” She told her teasingly and both of them chuckled before the call ended.