Man and Woman

Unwelcomed Pleasure

Onew stared at her after letting go of her lips – savoring the moment when he got to look at her as close as that again. She was really beautiful, and in a close distant, her gaze was even more intoxicating.

Before Jooyoung could completely let go of her right state of mind, she looked down at the ground, avoiding his intensified and heated gaze. With enough courage, she was able to mutter, “This isn’t right.”, making Onew both surprised and confused as to why she said that.

“Wh-what’s not right?”

“This. You and I.” She sighed, and without meeting his eyes again, she explained. “Listen. We are not supposed to be having this kind of relationship, are we? This is just… just… doesn’t seem right.” She muttered almost silently – as if she was only talking to herself.

“I don’t see anything wrong with what we have.” Onew said. “Can’t we be a little honest? I like you, and maybe… you like me, too.”

Those words made Jooyounf look up to meet his eyes. She likes him? Does she really like him? She was suddenly confused, and unable to answer that question herself. All this time she was only thinking about being good to him and to every members – busy enough to take herself away from the difficulties she was having in life. Maybe she forgot to think about this kind of emotion – about liking Jinki.

Maybe she forgot to assess herself, and to stop for a while to think about what was actually his value to her.

“I might be selfish, but I’m accepting that interview, and when I get in, then I’ll start working there.” She bitted her lower lip before continuing. “Thank you for doing this for me, and though I may look so wrong like what I did two years ago, and though I might be unfair, I am really accepting that opportunity.”

“I did that without asking anything in return, actually, so I am happy to hear you’re accepting that. It’s for you, and you deserve that.” He made few steps backwards with a heavy heart, finally letting go of her.

It was too obvious, though indirectly said, that she wasn’t accepting his heart, and though she might really like him back, he knew she had no interest of taking that chance with him, and though it hurts, he really couldn’t do anything about it, could he? He could only shrug, and smile, acting like everything’s okay and that he didn’t mind.

“Sleep well and do your best. I hope you make it.” He forced a smile and excused himself, leaving her alone again into her room – disappointed.

“Oh, hyung, how did it go? What happened?” The kids immediately started asking as soon as he got out of her room. They were standing in front of it and they were actually waiting to hear a word from him.

But the hyung went out with a sullen expression – looking down with feet almost being dragged. Jonghyun elbowed Key and all of them were certain it didn’t turn out the way they would have wanted it to be.

“Hyung.” Jonghyun called – at least wanting to know a bit of what happened. He was concerned enough hoping he could help.

“Would you believe that I was rejected?” There was a bitter smile on his face and a not so amused eyes as he looked up to them. “I was rejected twice by that woman. First, she took my money neglecting me, and now, she appreciates my efforts throwing away my heart. She’s one of a kind, really? And it’s so dangerous to fall in love with a woman like that.” He admitted, and after some seconds, he groaned. “Ugh. This is why I hate these things.”

“You hate her?” Key asked.

“I love her, she’s just irritating. Really irritating.” With a loud tsk, left them and entered their room, closing the door a bit heavier than usual.  The members could only shrug, and wait on what’s going to happen next.

*** *** ***

Jooyoung woke up after her alarm rang at around 6:00 am. She needed to prepare breakfast for everybody and then she’ll start preparing for the interview. It was too early to make the breakfast so she decided to pick out clothes she would be wearing, and then iron them up neatly. She also opened her small box of accessories with minimal number of earrings, necklaces, and bracelets. She chose which ones would look best with her outfits, and placed them on the table so she would be able to easily get them later.

After doing those chores, she finally went out to cook something for everybody – calling them all to wake up when she was done cooking.

Minho, Key, Jonghyun and Taemin all came out of their rooms while Onew was still unseen. She actually suppressed the urge to ask, thinking Onew would come out from his room soon anyway.

“Where’s hyung?” The question Jooyoung was dying to ask was asked by Jonghyun.

“Outside? He mentioned he’ll go out to jog.” Key explained, glancing quickly over Jooyoung and back to his food only to see if there would be any reaction coming from her. “It was weird, he kept on flinching here and there. He couldn’t sleep, I suppose.” He added, successfully making Jooyoung worried.

“Jooyoung-ah, why are you still standing there? Don’t you have your interview today? Come on, we can manage. You can start preparing now.” Minho told Jooyoung, and though she was a bit hesitant to leave them, the other four members insisted which eventually lead her into going to her room to finally take a bath and prepare for a big day.

“We have already push Onew hyung into his limit, but we didn’t see this coming.” Taemin shrugged his shoulder. “Now I think the one who needs to be pushed is that woman, and not hyung.”

“Wow, you are getting used calling Jooyoung ssi, ‘that woman’.” Minho laughed after hearing what Taemin said. “We can’t do anything about it. Both of them are too stiff when it comes to relationship, like really, I don’t think that woman ever had a boyfriend before.”

“But seriously, don’t forget to call that man once that woman leaves. That man said he doesn’t want to see that woman today.” Key said, making fun of the two who were obviously having such hard times.