Three conditions

Unwelcomed Pleasure

Finally, SHINee was called as they were the last to appear on the press conference before the Kpop wave concert that was being held in Busan would start. They would perform alongside some other popular idols in South Korea.

That night, they would perform five songs namely: Everybody, Dream Girl, WSS, Symptoms, and Beautiful. Since it was still their Everybody era, so the guys were wearing white and red military outfits which perfectly suit all of them.

“2 minutes, SHINee.” The PD opened the door and announced before leaving again. They all stood up and gathered to move to the venue and show themselves to the reporters. They were the media favorites. For sure, the whole venue would be hyped up once the five of them appear.

“Onew-ssi.” He was leading the other four towards the venue when Jooyoung called him. He paused and looked behind him to know what she called him for. Jooyoung then silently made her way towards him and reached up to his collar, fixing it.

Her action took him by surprised as it was the first time after few weeks that they became as close as that again – not to even mention Jooyoung fixing his clothes – thoroughly focused on his neck area. “I-it’s oka-y.” He said and even stuttered, gaining weird gazes from the members who were silently watching since Jooyoung and Onew blocked their way. “I- I can manage.”

“A bit more. This part was not properly buttoned.” She said and then there was a slight brush of skins which made Onew even more uncomfortable.

“I said it’s fine. Let go.” Onew then turned his back against her and walked forward, leaving her yet again confused and surprised with his unwelcoming actions. The other members chuckled and shook their heads.

Jonghyun even patted Jooyoung’s shoulder. “Sure, Onew hyung isn’t in the mood.”

So when is he going to be in his mood? Jooyoung wanted to say it out loud but she didn’t dare since Onew might hear it and probably would cause him to get angry. Though she really didn’t get him at all. He said he wanted her to do everything and he probably meant about her serving him and taking good care of everything he needs, but why was it that when Jooyoung does something to help him or when she does something for his sake, he would always start avoiding her as if he didn’t like any of what she was doing?

So Jooyoung couldn’t take it and had to ask him about that. Though she knew Onew probably didn’t want to talk to her (as the amount of conversation they had since she started treating him like a real boss was really just few and most of them were Onew being annoyed), Jooyoung still wanted to try hoping to have a good working relationship with SHINee’s leader. After the concert, Jooyoung took a good timing to talk to Onew somewhere where others won’t hear.

“What is it now?” He looked at her in his annoyed expression. “Come on, say it fast, I need to rest.”

“I know you’re mad at me and I know you can’t simply forgive me for what I’ve done but Onew-ssi, I’m doing everything to satisfy you.” She told him. “You told me I should do everything for you and that’s what I’m doing. I’m even exerting a lot of efforts to take care of your members, that’s what you told me since the day I started, but why are you like this? You seemed to be annoyed. I just want to know what else you want me to do for us to be better.”

Onew chuckled in sarcasm. “Doing everything to satisfy me? If that’s your goal, then you’re doing everything wrongly, and I didn’t tell you to exert efforts to take care of my members. You’re overdoing everything, and that’s making me sick.”

“What exactly do you want me to do? I don’t know, Onew-ssi. I was just trying to…”

“You know exactly what I want you to do.” Onew said and Jooyoung looked up to meet his eyes. She was afraid, but swallowed her fright to go straight and ask him.

“I-is that r-really what you want?” Jooyoung said while stuttering which Onew didn’t expect to hear from her. “W-will that make you t-treat me better?”

Onew was speechless. He didn’t know how this girl actually got to ask him that. He was confused – and thought that Jooyoung was probably so affected on how he was treating her.

But the heck of it, though he wanted to treat her well, he couldn’t explain why he was always pissed off.

There was silence as Onew thought of everything she said. He must admit, it did cross his mind – a lot of times, actually. Once in a while, he thought of having Jooyoung completely repay him by pleasuring him in that sense, but a sudden ray of light from heaven came down as Onew became suddenly uncomfortable with having Jooyoung think about that. He didn’t want her to think that way, moreover, he didn’t want her to assume that he was badly in need of her.

Wow, Jinki, you also confuse yourself, don’t you?

“I don’t know.” Onew simply said. How could he answer her and explain his side to her when he also didn’t completely understand himself. “Don’t mind me, then. Just get use to it.” Jooyoung bowed her head down and it pissed Onew off again, “For real, Son Jooyoung, are you really the type to look down and simply accept what is being said to you? That wasn’t you the first time we met. I thought you were courageous.”

“I have no choice.” Jooyoung said while looking down. “I have no choice but to do this and to keep up with this so I can go on with this work.” There was an obvious sadness on her voice. "This is what makes me live a bit comfortably."

“Fine. Fine. In one condition.”

“What?”

“Don’t take care of them that much.” Onew said straightly which made Jooyoung frowned in confusion. “I mean… stop babysitting them like they’re four year olds. Those kids won’t grow.”

“I understand.” She said shortly and nodded.

“Another two conditions.” Onew was about to walk away when he remembered some things. Jooyoung looked at him before he spoke. “Number two, I want you to start smiling and often times, it would be okay to hear you laugh.”

“Huh?”

“And number 3, just take care of me more.” Onew said and before he got himself too embarrassed of what he was saying, he turned and left her leaving Jooyoung so confused and dumbfounded over and over again.

Stop caring about the members so much but take care of him more? What is that, for real?


A/N: Hi, guys, I love you all for sending me in your comments ~ :D Seriously, you guys are the best.