Introducing, Son Jooyoung

Unwelcomed Pleasure

“This is the last time that I am going to give you a chance. If you still fail to give me your monthly rent, then I’m sorry, Jooyoung. I would have to ask you to leave.” The landlady told Jooyoung as she was in front of her door nagging again about Jooyoung’s monthly dues. It has been 2 months since she last paid her rent.

“I will, ahjumma. I already got a job and I’m going to start tomorrow. I will give you the rent as soon as I got my salary.” She convinced her with all her might and the landlady eventually nodded.

“Fine. Fine. Just make sure. Okay, I’m leaving.” The old woman whose hair was partly white but still wore makeup and quite thick lipstick rolled her eyes and turned her back to walk out. As she left, Jooyoung’s close friend, Haena, who was just living next room, walked in. She wasn’t able to hear their conversation but based on how the two looked, she knew by then what happened.

“Aigoo.” Jooyoung sighed and closed the door when Haena entered. She brought with her some homemade dishes and Jooyoung noticed them. “What are those?”

“Real food.” She said as she placed them on the table. “You’ve been eating instant noodles since last week. I don’t think it gives you any nutrition at all. Here. My mom arrived from the province and brought some vegetables and raw meat so I cooked them to share with you.” Haena helped herself to get plates and utensils. It was like her own home as well. She was comfortable enough to wander inside her room like an owner. “Come take a seat and forget about that old woman for a while.”

“Do you know EXO?”

Haena frowned, “Who are you talking about? The boygroup?” She nodded. “What about them?”

“A friend of mine who works in their company told me they are searching for another EXO manager. As long as you’re a college degree holder, then you can apply. I did, and was called for an interview this morning. I made it.”

“So?” Haena’s eyes went bigger as she heard that news from her. “You are going to be one of their managers? For real? Do you even know what you’re doing?”

“I know. Of course, I do.” Jooyoung rolled her eyes and ate a spoonful of food. “Why would I go for it if I don’t know?”

“Well, Son Jooyoung, let me remind you that you are a college graduate – not to even mention you had honors, and now you’re telling me you’re going to work as a manager? An idol group’s manager which is in reality, just their maid-slash-baby sitter-slash-driver-slash-bodyguard?” She hit Jooyoung’s head with the spoon she was holding.

“Aww! It hurts!” She complained but Haena hit her even more.

“That suits you because you are so desperate that you end up getting work you don’t even deserve!”

“Yah!” She bickered back in annoyance. “Blame those companies who only accept graduates from private university! Blame those companies who only accept applicants who obviously have good and elite background!” She whined as she rubbed the part of her arm Haena hit. “It was the best work I could have right now since the salary is high. Higher than the jobs with regular rates that I could have. Who cares if I’ll only work as their maid and babysitter? I have done those jobs before. It doesn’t matter.” She said with determination. “I just have to earn money and moved from this apartment, then once I earn enough, I’ll put up my own business and get rid of those self-centred employers and make myself my own boss.”

Haena looked at her sharply. “Then what about that SHINee guy?” She reminded. “What about him, huh? What if he sees you and remembers your face, I swear he will chase after you.” Her threat made her think for a while, and suddenly, she remembered that guy, and what happened before.

“No.” Jooyoung shook her head. “I don’t think he will remember me, and besides, it’s only money!”

“It’s 1 Million won because you’re a . That is still a big money.”

“YAH. Don’t ever talk about that again.” She said and tried to hide her worries and fears. She couldn’t help but think about what could be the possible consequences if that guy really got to see her again.

… but it has been 2 years, she hoped he forgot about it already.


A/N: Thanks to all of you who subscribed to this story immediately, but hey, as I say.. comments are mandatory. Hahahaha. XD What do you think about Son Jooyoung? XD