Sleepless Night

Unwelcomed Pleasure

They spent almost 2 hours on the same place talking about nothing but their lives. Onew talked about his life both as an ordinary person and as an idol. Because Jooyoung shared the many downs of her life, so Onew felt like he should also share some down moments of his life.

“At that time, I thought everybody was improving except me. Taemin was starting to develop his singing ability. Minho’s starting to cope up with dancing and directors are taking notice of him as an actor. Things are slowly changing and getting better for them, but there’s nothing for me.” He said with a bittersweet smile, but Jooyoung frowned and shook her head.

“Maybe you don’t need to develop anymore that’s why you can’t see anything…” Onew looked at her dumbfoundedly and then he laughed as if it was the funniest comment he had ever received. “No! I’m serious! I mean… I don’t see you being less than them, actually. I can’t see why should feel inferior over them.”

“Why? Have you really heard me sing?” Onew raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms in front of him. “Have you really paid attention when I dance? I doubt. All this time that we’re together you have never paid attention to us individually as idols and you only pay attention on accomplishing your work.

Jooyoung paused, and considered what Onew was saying and she realized that he had the point. She never really get to properly notice who’s better in SHINee, worse, she was not aware on where each of them excels.

“But still…” She paused for a while trying harder to think of good words to make Onew feel better. “But still… fans won’t like you and won’t scream for you if they know that you are such a bum. They might have something that you don’t have, but believe me, you also have something that others don’t. That’s the reality of life… we don’t get to be contented because we keep on looking at things that we don’t have, yet we always forget to appreciate what we have.” She said smiling to which Onew found overwhelming because since the moment she shared the story about her father a while ago, she started feeling more comfortable around him and even smiled a lot.

“Wow. You know how to make people feel good.” Onew nodded towards him wearing his infamous dubu eyesmile. Jooyoung looked at him. He stopped smiling and turned blank. “Why?”

“Is that real?” Jooyoung pointed at his face.

“What? My nose? Of course it is! Yah! I didn’t get any surgery!”

“No! Not your nose!” She laughed while still pointing at your face. Onew was secretly enjoying making her laugh. He realized that in reality, it wasn’t that hard to make her laugh. You just got to capture what tickles her happiness. “I mean that smile. That smile you do where your teeth show up, your eyes disappear and form two crescent moons.”

“Aahh…” Onew smiled again and the dubu smile appeared. “It’s natural… it appears when I have my good side with me and when I feel a bit light. This conversation between is makes me relaxed and refreshed. Thank you.”

“I must be the one saying that.” She looked at Onew with a genuine smile. “It’s always refreshing talking like this without any pressure. I’m glad you consider me a friend even only at this moment.”

“Why? We’re friends, starting tonight.” Onew corrected. “Call me Jinki… oppa?” Onew thought for a while. “Oh yes, you never called me oppa. We’re not friends, no, you’re my dongsaeng.”

“Aish. But I’m your manager. It’s weird to call you oppa.”

“Whatever. Just call me Jinki then.” He sighed and as unconsciously checked on his wristwatch. He was surprised to realize what time it was already. “What? It’s almost 4 am? Aigoo, Jooyoung-ah, we need to go back or else they will wake up without us around.”

He stood up and then the two went home as quick as possible.

*** *** ***

Minho kept on walking back and forth trying to wait for Onew to come out of the bathroom. “Onew hyung, you’re taking too long!” He shouted. “Are you sure you’re not sleeping?”

“Deh… coming out~” Onew sounded so weak and sleepy. Minho doubt he was moving accordingly so he tried twisting the door knob and even got a shock after realizing it was actually open. “Aigoo~ Hyung, you didn’t even lock the door.”

Before he could open the door, Onew came out with his eyes drooping. He was too sleepy to stay still. “I’m done.” He walked past Minho and went to his room, leaving Minho confused as to why he was still sleepy when they had the whole night get some rest.

“Oh! Oh! Oh! Jooyoung-ah! That’s not the sugar! That’s the coffee! Oh gosh, you put a lot!” Kibum ran when he noticed that Jooyoung was not with herself again.

“Sorry~” She said as if it was not a big deal. Kibum peeped in and saw her still closing her eyes.

“Aigoo. Did you even sleep? Look at your eyes. Just please sit there and take a nap before we go. Tsk tsk.” He said and pushed her a little to make her walk outside. Jooyoung almost sleep walked until she reached the couch. She lied there and threw her back on the seat to get some more nap.

“Minho-yah! Did Onew hyung sleep in the room last night?! He must have gone out again and went out—side…” Jonghyun stopped talking out loud when he saw Jooyoung with almost the same situation as Onew who was inside the room. “Why is Jooyoung sleeping here?”

“I don’t know but I saw her putting more coffee than sugar on my mug and her face looked like she didn’t even sleep the whole night.”

“Onew hyung looks exactly the same as that.” Jonghyun said with a blank expression.

Key paused for a while and then he started laughing naughtily. “Aaahhhh~ So they either went out… or make out.” He was embarrassed of what he said that he hit Jonghyun while laughing. “Aigoo~ Onew hyung as sneaky as ever ~ Lalalalala~” He shook and wiggled his head like crazy and walked back to the kitchen.

Jonghyun shook his head and smiled to himself. “This guy doesn’t really move unless he feels threatened. Seriously.” Looking at Jooyoung one last time, he went back to his room and prepare.