Watching from afar

Unwelcomed Pleasure

They were standing outside their dorm waiting for their vans to arrive. “I thought they’d be here once we go down?” One of their managers asked his staff in Japan and the guy lowered his head a bit to apologize.

“They said they’d stop by a gasoline station for a while and then go here immediately. I called and they said they’re on the way. I’m sorry for the delay, manager.” The guy uttered.

Meanwhile, Jooyoung, Onew and Key were standing side by side with Minho, Jonghyun and Taemin behind them. They also went down already even without the vans yet. Key noticed Onew closing his eyes again so he elbowed his hyung. “Hyung. Don’t sleep. You’ll fall.” Key reminded so Onew opened his eyes despite being sleepy yet again. “Look to your side, tell Jooyoung not to sleep, too.” He added when he learned that Jooyoung was also doing the same. “Ahh, I don’t know why both of you are like this today.” There was a hint of suspicion on Key’s voice.

“Jooyoung-ah, open your eyes, let’s sleep later inside the—hey!” He was alarmed when Jooyoung suddenly was about to fall forward and lose her balance. Good thing Onew quickly took hold of her and caught her through hugging his arm around her stomach. However, he froze for a bit in surprise, as his arm brushes underneath her s unintentionally. He wanted to quickly let go and remove his arm on her front but that would make her fall because she still needed to regain her balance. “Jooyoung-ah, wake up.”

“Oh, oh yeah, I’m sorry.” Jooyoung opened her eyes and fixed her stance immediately, giving Onew a sigh as he felt relieved she didn’t notice the accident that happened.

“Guys, here’s the van! Get inside quickly!” The manager shouted and they prepped up to enter one by one.

“Hyung, since you’re sleepy, you go there at the backseat to sleep with Jooyoung.” Minho said as he occupied the front seat immediately.

Onew cared less of that as he watched Jooyoung walked like a zombie towards the van as if she was not actually aware of what she was doing. He smiled. All of her energies were drained because she was so hyper last night.

The whole ride had Onew and Jooyoung sleeping side by side. The members and the managers were wondering why they looked so sleepless, but they didn’t bother asking since it was obvious that the two were not willing to entertain questions as they were busy catching up on some sleep. And it was better to have it while on travel coz as soon as they land back to Korea, then they have to attend two other schedule before they could finally go back to dorm and continue sleeping. The two were a bit alive after arriving at the airport but they still slept during their travel on the plane.

However, as he was closing his eyes, the accident just a while ago appeared on Onew’s mind. The sensation as he accidentally touched the portion that was not supposed to be touched came back to him and though it was super cold inside the airplane, he felt the back of his neck starting to heat up. He shook his head, and tried sleeping. It was better than imagining things and all.

Suddenly, the thought of Jooyoung’s lips came to his mind as he imagined that night two years ago when he kissed her passionately, and felt how soft and sweet those lips were. As he kept those eyes close, her image kept on appearing, so he opened his eyes and looked at the ceiling. Wow, this is the perfect way for you to feel like this, Lee Jinki  , He sarcastically told himself and sighed. He knew it was wrong to think that way, especially if the person you’re thinking about was just beside you, but heck, his brain was working on itself that all he could do was think of it.

He was really bothered that he had to turn on left to look at her. And just when the heaven and Earth decided to join forces to give him a frustrated fate, his eyes just went down on her blouse as  the second button was clasped open exposing a bit portion of her bra. He quickly turned back to a straight sight and sighed in nervousness. The heat was suddenly killing him. Wow, Jooyoung, you are seriously cooperating, huh?  When one attendant walked over, he decided to seek help.

“Excuse me, can you… ugh… please help me… fix her…” He kept on stuttering while talking so the attendant looked at Jooyoung and finally got what he wanted to say.

“Ahh, I got it, sir. Please excuse me.” She excused herself and slowly reached for Jooyoung’s blouse to button it up. “There. She sleeps well.” She smiled and looked at Onew.

“Thank you.” The attendant nodded and left.

As they arrived in Korea, both Jooyoung and Onew had gained enough of their energies back to go through some schedules for the rest of the day. They were going to perform several songs on a TV Program taping and will do a bit of interview portion after that, then they will perform as special guests on the annual Ms. Korea beauty pageant.

Jooyoung was suddenly reminded by their conversation that night about how she wasn’t even aware of how he performs on stage. So while they prepare on the dressing room, Jooyoung personally took note of watching the recording herself to take notice of everybody’s performances on stage.

She was on the back of SHINee and the other manager as they go towards the stage, and because she was paying attention to the members, she realized they were really polite and courteous to everyone, with Onew even smiling and bowing to the janitor who just came down of the stage to clean the platform for SHINee.

As she watched from afar, she noticed how the staff and the PDs just especially take care of SHINee. It was like this group is well loved by everyone in the set. The five boys were fooling around the stage, but as soon as the PD announced they’re doing the recording, the boys will stop and will suddenly turn serious.

If there was one thing Jooyoung realized about Onew was that, he’s a man in different forms. He has the ability to be goofy, naughty, and playful at one point, then suddenly turns serious, focused, and authoritative when the situation suddenly requires. There was one point during the recording that Key and Jonghyun kept on laughing to each other that it caused a lot of mistakes in the performance. Onew let it pass quite few times but later on he walked towards the two and talked to them in his serious face. The two stopped goofing around after that.

He was serious and focused the entire performance, but after that, he flashed his dubu smile and thanked everyone for watching and giving them some patience.

She realized that though Onew appears to be nicer onscreen, it didn’t mean that he was pretentious. For once, she wanted to commend how good he was when it comes to adjusting to his environment. How he was so good in knowing what to act and how to behave on a certain place, at a certain time. 


A/N: At one point, i wanted this fic to show negative sides of Onew that I think he possesses, but i don't know why it's turning out to be something he should be loved for. I mean, all times, I always fail to make him look back. Maybe it's just me, I'm too biased. lol